rFactor 2 Online Tools by Chris “redapg”

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Slow Motion, Oct 11, 2016.

1. philrob

philrob Registered

works fine for me

redapg likes this.
  2. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

Page down
    Error 404

3. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

works here

4. redapg

redapg Registered

Check the Link that you use.
    If the Link starts with https, change it into http only.

5. philrob

philrob Registered

working in the UK

6. redapg

redapg Registered

Just an Information: i did fix a Problem with the Tool "Modify the Angle of the Steer Lock", where an Error was shown when you tried to modify the Value, that there are no SteeringInnerTable Entries in the uploaded HDV File, which made the Tool useless.
    Fortunately this Problem was reported by @Arnaud Plume (thank you again :)).

Please, always report Problems with the Tools.
    If i'm not aware of Problems, i can not fix them. :)

7. redapg

redapg Registered

Just as an Information: i fixed a Problem with the Tool "Modify them with the TGM SizeMultiplier and Convert from rF1", of the 3 Tire Size Tools, where missing Files were shown and handled completely wrong, which made it impossible to proceed (below Screenshots).
    And i can only repeat myself: please, please, please, please report any Problems with the Tools.
    If i'm not aware of Problems, i can not fix them. :)

Shown was this:
    [​IMG]

instead of this:
    [​IMG]

8. redapg

redapg Registered

Just as an Information: i uploaded a new Video, about how to Update a DLC Car with the Upgrades.ini.

Emery, Corti, Mauro and 3 others like this.
  9. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

Not really a problem(s), but I might have two cool suggestions on different tools.

1) In the "Generate Damper Entries for the HDV File", the A and B values from the tool match the "BumpStage2" and "ReboundStage2" that can be found on the HDV files (Since both should represent the point where the Damper goes from Slow to Fast values), but the tool only "generates" or shows the Range/Setting values, with those other 2 values being missing.​

2) In the "Convert a Sound SFX into a JSON file", the tool uses the Skip Barber json as a "placeholder", causing all the exported files using this tool to have the same engine position as the placeholder file.​

Here the engine.ini might be useful to recalculate this value (but only for the Onboard Engine sounds on the json, which is the first "Position" entry that can be found in there), since it also has an entry related to the Sound position​

I've used the Clio 2010 to test this:​

Skip Barber engine.ini = EngineSound=( 0.0, 0.50,-0.40) // in json = "position": [0,0.3,1.0]
    Clio 2010 engine.ini = EngineSound=(0.2, 0.6,-2.5) // in json = "position": [0.2,0.4,-1.1]

10. redapg

redapg Registered

@L0P3X Hello,
    thank you for the Suggestion with the Damper Tool, i will check it this Weekend.

To the SFX -> JSON Sound Converter, i have to say that i stopped the further Development, due to the Structure with the countless Brackets in the JSON, that make it impossible (at least for me), to create a good/working Structure in php, to extract, modify and save Values properly.
    When you use it, you'll probably have to edit Volume Settings anyway and also such Things, like the Position of the Engine Sound will be noticed by the User.
    And i have the Faith, that the User can edit it manually too. :)

L0P3X, Chris Lesperance and Corti like this.
  11. redapg

redapg Registered

@L0P3X I added the 2 Lines to the Tool, thanks for the Suggestion.
    Just 1 small Correction: The 2 Values don't exactly match the A and B Values in my Script, the Value for ReboundStage2 has to be set negative, like it gets done in the Physics Spreadsheet.
    [​IMG]

L0P3X, DanRZ, philrob and 2 others like this.
  12. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

Cool, thanks for adding that! :)

Another thing I've found is that the Method 2 on the Engine Generator sometimes creates an engine(s) with a buggy throttle response (as shown in the video below), but not sure what might be causing this :confused:

https://streamable.com/wdeo9u

13. redapg

redapg Registered

Can you send me the Torque Values that you used to create the Engine and also the generated Engine.ini, that i can check it?
    And is the Video made in the DevMode?
    If yes, are you on the default Build (no Beta)?

14. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

Luckily I did an screenshot of the Torque Values before generating the engine, The video is from DevMode yeah (although I'm on the "previous-moddev" beta at the moment)

15. redapg

redapg Registered

@L0P3X There seems to be a Value, that gets wrong calculated from my Script, when a Turbo gets used.
    Now i "only" have to find out why.
    I have written the Script Code in 2016, basing on the Calculations from the Michael Borda Physics Spreadsheet and when i look at it now, i only think "WTH"... :D

ThomasJohansen likes this.
  16. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

Pretty sure it also happens with NA engines (the AI seems to be stuck in pits, although I haven't really tested this myself), but here one of the engine values inside of the file shows "nan" instead of a number, not sure if it's related to the same issue that the Turbo engine has

17. redapg

redapg Registered

Which Option of the Tool did you use for this Engine?
    I tried it with the 2nd Option and no Turbo and with that i get a working Engine.
    BTW I've deactivated the Engine Generator Tool as long as i try to solve the Problem(s).
    When did you generate that Engine File?

And "nan" means "not a Number" and is coming from the php Script.

18. redapg

redapg Registered

Just as an information: the Engine Generator Tool is online again.

I did check all 3 Options with and without Turbo and all put out working Engines and i got no "nan" in any of them.
    But i have seen some Inconsistencies of the displayed Values in the DevMode, where e.g. the max Power sometimes gets shown at a RpM that is the almost double of the defined max RpM.
    And it seems as if the old Turbo Calculations that i use (from the 220 Physics Spreadsheet), throws out higher Power Values, than what you've set in the Script.
    It also can be, that the DevMode is corrupted (i'm still on the previous-moddev, to get the FFB working properly).
    It's hard to judge.
    @L0P3X

ThomasJohansen likes this.
  19. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Did some testing, with "generate engine" (first button)

Tried "method 2" to generate an engine from rpm manual inputs, but it generates an error.ini file which says to contact you.

And "Method 3" will not show the generate button, even thou all fields was filled.

20. redapg

redapg Registered

That is strange, because i tested all Options and had no Problems.
    Can you send me the RpM Steps and Nm Values, that you did use for Method 2 and also the Engine.ini that you did upload in Method 3?