rFactor 2 Build 770 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 1, 2014.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

all off your heads. lopl ;) <<< ....... that was friendly sarcasm

do a fresh lite build no old files

works first time every time :cool: ............................ zzzz

2. myself9

myself9 Registered

Yes, because that's exactly what I want to do every time a new build comes out, rather than DRIVE.
    Reconfig this/that/the other. Troubleshoot this/that. Get fed up. Go to bed.

Sorry. I'm trying to quit smoking. And I'm *****ing CRANKY!

3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I went from 25 x 2 cigarettes per days during 29 years to 2 cigarettes (which make me sick) last 9 months thanks to the e-cigarette (vapor), starting during first 2 month with strongest nicotine liquid to be sure to be satisfied, and now lowered liquid to 0,5 nicotine. I don't have any 'lack of drug" symptom, I'm cool, I'm healthy, I'm happy, I smell good, I saved tons of money (from nearly 359 Euros per month to 48 Euros per month) and I'm now able to install builds fully freshly, reinstalling package, redoing settings, without any anger, like if I had 14 years old discovering the sim for the first time ;) Sorry for OT but health and staying cool facing PC software installation is so important in our life :)

4. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

No, it does not work. Trust me I have tried every way and I get the same freaking error message. This maybe hard to believe but you are wrong....this time.

[​IMG]

5. M4nkey

M4nkey Registered

Don't know if it's because of the new build or if someone finally clubbed sense into server admins, but multiplayer is working absolutely flawlessly for me now :]
    The mod download worked for every server I tried, the server list is working fluently, I'm a happy bunny now. See you all on the track ;D

6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Maybe MP lobby should have bookmark function to favorite servers like rF1 has

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Having trouble with rf2? quit smoking :)

8. bwana

bwana Registered

MP not so smooth for me, scrolling issue and plenty of servers get message "can not install mod" 1 server did actually que me for downloads that actually happened , first time ever!!

9. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

Ok, I can got to work once using a bat file some one posted.

Are you all looking at a update that we can choose either 32 or 64-bits?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2014
  10. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Just wanted to report that with 32 bit I was unable to get Neva Ring to load even with a modest number of AI.

So I installed 64 bit and, just to laugh and watch PC smoke, selected 29 AI drivers and, to endure PC would explode, I selected 240Z mod which is known to lack proper LOD and then loaded up Neva Ring and....

.... it worked!!!!! Flawlessly and great and smooth FPS too :):):):):)

Edit - GTX 760

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2014
  11. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I reported this (in summary): Neva Ring crash to desktop as soon as the Practice screen appear (when it want to display the small monitor) if, in your race settings, you select another weather than "Sunny" (E.g. Cloudy). 32 and 64 bit, Build 770 & unstable 772 too. Reproducible 100% at least on my machine. When Neva Ring work (sunny weather) you can see some weird reflection like if the road is wait. Not only me as Tosch confirmed the same.

12. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Yes I see reflection too

13. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

When i click on a server in server lobby, it turns blue as it shoud now, but it also suddnely says that there is 0 players on that server

14. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Has there been a solution for this yet I am having the same troable.
    I have tried uninstall and reinstall Lite and then rf2 with content and I end up with the same error.
    I even reinstalled 660 and then tried it and get no error then tried auto update and get this error then went back to 660 and installed 770 lite and back to this error.
    If there is no fix or solution can someone upload this file and maybe that will fix my issue.
    Please
    Ruben M.

15. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I can't find that file from my installation (which is working one of course). Here's how the other guy you were refering solved his problem (can't understand how it fixed it for him but maybe you could try):

By bat file he probably meant this posting:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...Now-Available!?p=288924&viewfull=1#post288924

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe Chefmark was looking for a solution, to rename the executables automaticly to get 64Bit running...

Where Ruben have the problem of a missing file to get rF2 starting in general.

17. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

I found a work around by right clicking on the rf2 launger and selecting run as administration. I still have the error files but it works.
    Ruben

18. PMC

PMC Registered

Have you tried removing the contents from .rFactor in AppData and reactivating . This helped some with other issues

19. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

I will try it tomorrow :cool: time for bed.
    Ruben

20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

This!