rFactor 2 Build 770 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 1, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Hi folks,

Highlights of this build are improved memory usage in 32bit, realroad got some major tweaks and is no longer accelerated (unless you want it to be), flag rules without disqualification as an option, lots of AI improvements, new matchmaker technology in the back end, enhanced plugin reporting, some modding tool changes, and various fixes and tweaks. 64bit exes are available to openly test (see below).

As I see a lot of people using out of date SDK builds, don't forget we also update the dev mode exe with every build! Find it in the dev corner.

Build notes:
    Important note: The primary executable is 32bit. However, 64bit executables are now available for open testing, in what we would call experimental stage. At some point, the 64bit exes will be the default, and 32bit will be the optional like 64bit is today, though I doubt renaming will be the method to switch.

We ask that if you have issues in 64bit, you verify them in 32bit before reporting them to us as a 64bit issue or an issue in both builds. It's also important to read the knownissues.txt in the rFactor 2 installation directory before reporting, as well as the list below:

ADDED NOTES:
    Realroad works the opposite way around in sessions. Qual setting in race, race in qual. We're sorry. :)

Thanks and good racing,

Tim

2. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Good news looking forward to trying this. Thanks for the heads up Tim.

3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

You don't really need to edit the title, "today" will also work if it's released tomorrow or next monday ;)

Thanks for this update, can't wait to test it :)

Edit: Waoooo, that was quick! thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
  4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The real testing period starts now. Let's see how people digest new json format files when updating their installs...
    Good luck everybody!:confused:

5. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Yeah very nice!

Thank you ISI! ;)

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Chrome just deleted my rF2 B770 download at the end, not saying: "this file could be potentially dangerous", but saying: "this file is malicious so it will be deleted" :(

I use an alternate downloading method right now, pfffiiuuuu.

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks ISI for the new Build. Is there any chance, to upgrade existing Installations (B660)? Because we have 3 Installations on our League Server, with a lot of batchfiles, directory links etc...

8. 88mphTim

I download lite, install the core and data to the right places 3 times, done.

9. 88mphTim

That would be Google protecting you from Mediafire, our download host. Because someone will have uploaded a malicious file there, to a commercial hosting site - not our account - within the last 90 days. Be sure to thank them for protecting you. Meanwhile, also try to find ANY hosting site without a similar story. Makes you wonder if Google are wanting to start their own, and are purposely doing this to people using Chrome to foster support.
    http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=mediafire.com

FAQ: http://rfactor.net/web/docs/why-does-chrome-list-downloads-as-potentially-dangerous/

10. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Not sure you want to see bug report in this thread. I had the same bug I saw in the unstable thread (so I thought it was probably fixed): installed Lite B770 on top of my existing installation, launched rF2, stay stuck on second title screen until I alt-tabbed and saw this:

View attachment 13393

Had to close this window and rF2 started. Reproducible each time I launch rF2 from Windows. I guess I need a fresh installation. Ok, I'll do that.

11. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Is auto update working already? Because mine is greyed out and can't click there. :(

12. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Does anyone have Softth 64 bit working?

13. 88mphTim

Assume you're not logged into multiplayer on simulate tab.

14. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

My multiplayer expired and cant auto update too. So its gonna be like that? new install after each build cause i dont have multiplayer?

15. 88mphTim

Auto update is an online service. It was initially like this, if you purchased in Jan 2012 when you registered, it was like it then. It was opened up to help server admins, and I guess it's been closed again.

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

As usual I did a new and fresh installation using the lite version and deleting every thing expect package folder and plugins folder.
    Every thing went good.
    Triple screen here, with every thing on full, shadows on high and opponents car on high, AA-7 and HDR , with 17 AI( Civic@ Indy)
    At the start 48fps
    After 3 corners 60-65fps
    Then 65-75fps.
    Also it seems to me that rf2 looks much better with this build.
    Only one bad note, I haven't noticed any improvement in the loading time.

17. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Interestingly I had this problem when using the unstable build 767 and 769 installer and updating build 660. Now i have used the auto update feature in 660 (and not the lite installer) and don't have the problem.

18. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Fresh install get rid of the window error message about missing BMP. Also, now I can see the Real Road speed choice which wasn't here with my lite B770 install over B660. So new fresh install seems mandatory (at least it is for me).

JSON format is pretty simple to understand. Just you don't want to forget to report your previous changes from your saved PLR (as you saved it right?) into your new fresh JSON file. I mean don't forget the Texture Sharpening stuff if you don't want to be scared by the picture quality and low fps like I was few minutes ago ;)

Even tested 64bits, worked fine so far (only ISI content as starter).

Now all is fine, I'll go to enjoy! :)

Thanks ISI Team :)

19. rer8

rer8 Registered

Flawless! Less than 5 minutes, and i am up and running... Great job programmers. Good job for all ISI team! Off to the races. :)

20. 1959SLP

1959SLP Banned

Same here. Seamless update!