rFactor 2 Build 770 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 1, 2014.

1. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Made some improvements to batch files. Included support for dev mode and dedicated server. Batch files also execute rFactor 2 Launcher automatically. Also no need to edit those batch files anymore.

Installation steps are still the same as with Mario's original files (except no need to edit files):

1. Extract batch files into rFactor2 installation folder (for example into C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\)
    2. Make sure these three files inside \Core folder are 32-bit versions: rFactor2.exe, rFactor2 Mod Mode.exe and rFactor2 Dedicated.exe (Mod Mode file doesn't exist unless rFactor2 SDK (Dev Mode) is installed. Batch files will work without it). If you have not changed these after rFactor2 installation then .exe files are 32-bit and you can skip this phase
    3. Execute Run_64version.bat so backups of 32-bit versions are created

After that just run 32 or 64-bit batch file to start rFactor 2 in desired mode. If for some reason you need to run different modes at the same time for different executables, i.e. 64-bit dedicated server and 32-bit game, then just first run 64-bit batch file, start dedicated server from launcher and close launcher. After that run 32-bit batch file and start the game from launcher. This works because batch file can't overwrite executables which are already running.

Note: These batch files are for build 770 only. DO NOT use these batch files for forthcoming builds without first making sure they are working as expected! At some point ISI will most likely include this option into the launcher itself or at least change default executables into 64-bits which would cause the installation method above to fail (most likely it would not create backup of 64-bit files and running 32-bit batch file would overwrite 64-bit executables leaving you in a situation without 64-bit executables at all).

That said have fun! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2014
  2. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

A bit late to the party, but this build surely increased performance. My CPU bottleneck got slighty less bad, GPU usage was around 50-60% in the previous builds - now it's at 60-75%, which allowed me to increase some graphics settings :)

3. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

+1

4. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

@KeiKei, thank you for your batch files.

5. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

Thank you

6. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Hey guys,

I've done a clean install with that new build, it's running very smooth and I just have one little problem.
    Everytime I close the game, I got this message.
    View attachment 13475
    Any idea of what is it, what to do to fix it ?

Thanks.

7. gamer-hosting

gamer-hosting Registered

Hi Tim,

+ONECLICK works , but the +profile option dont work. Perhaps this option calls to the old plr profile.
    +oneclick is a very important option; its a needed option to host servers with control panel like tcadmin. Without this option many servers can not start.

+profile option is used to manage different profiles, but this can now be patched making different installations until it works again.

This change from old PLR to JSON leaves some things to repair; +profile option calling to old PLR, TcAdmin an other control panel files changed, and liveracers who call to old PLR too. Perhaps more things, but with time and patience we can solve them ;)

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Lot easier for me. ;)

Keep the 2 copies in any archive batchrun will swap them out automatically.

You can combine it with anything else you want to run, so you have a single batch file for everything.

BATCH RUN
    http://www.outertech.com/en/create-batch-file

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2014
  9. nipzon

nipzon Registered

I thought 64bit files would live in C:\Program Files instead of C:\Program Files (x86)

So I copied the whole rfactor2 folder into C:\Programs Files\, instead of the C:\programs Files X86, folder and deleted all 32bit files.
    For the SimCommander guys,
    Then made another profile in SimCommander for 64bit, so now I don't have to rename files.

Works fine so far.

10. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Ok got it to work with no core or issues.
    I had to uninstall
    Then I right clicked on lite770B and clicked run as Admin to install
    Then tried it and ho errors and then install the mods and still all is well.
    The only thing is that everytime I I click launcher it ask if it can make changes never had this before but at least it is up and running :cool:

Now need to some testing and checking.
    Thanks guys
    Ruben Miranda

11. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Error on loading

Anyone offer any help on this error. Game still seems to load ok after clicking ok button.

View attachment 13481

Also Player JSON file shows
    "User Vehicle Data":false,
    "User Vehicle Data#":"0=save with user mod data (in CCH files), 1=save separately (in all_vehicles.ini)",

The way I see it instruction detail shows file is looking for a 0 or 1 but as file has false by default detail maybe should be; false = save.... & true = save.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014
  12. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Mmmmm, I would like to understand how you do this in the current state of SimCommander and rFactor 2...

rFactor 2can only be launched now from the "Launch rFactor.exe" which launch itself "rFactor2.exe". So you cannot create a new SimCommander profile which will launch the 64bit or the 32bit version as only the launcher can be run. So you need anyway the rename or process before launch SimCommander. That will be possible when the rF2 Launcher will accept a 32 or 64bit flag as parameter.

And more important: AFAIK SimXPerience didn't made yet a 64 bit versions of the plugin, they said they will work on it when a stable bit version will be officially released.

In any case, when all that will be possible, we will not have any reason to swap between 32 and 64bit version, so this is only a (more or less) short intermediary period, I'm surprised how good is this first 64bit release :)

13. nipzon

nipzon Registered

Simcommander will launch whatever you tell it to launch and if you have two different folders of rf2 it will load via the launcher. I must admit that in the launcher I have to change to working directory to either 32 or 64bit, but after that it loads perfectly. In simcommander I have URD32 and URD64 pointing to its respective directories.

Berney released a 64bit plugin to be tested.

14. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

2 different directories, now I understand, thanks! :)

Oh oh, I didn't see they released a first 64bit plugin for testing, I need to dig!

15. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Hey,

I did not read all posts in here but the way I understand things about the new build is, it is now capable of 64bit. Yet it is not active by default?
    I'm really lazy, so why do I need to rename files and link directories and all this stuff? Why?
    Why is there no alternative .exe that I can just ...you know... execute? Why so complicated?

Sometimes, rFactor makes me wonder if I would need some sort of university degree to use it to it's full capacity.
    And what in the World is a JSON file? And why do I need to know about it?

16. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

It's a brand new 64bit versions for just testing purpose, and you don't need any degree to test it ;) They released it earlier so I can udnerstand they dind't work yet on the 'cosmetic and ergonomic aspect' ;)

The "Launcher rFactor2.exe" launch rFactor2.exe which is by default the 32 bit version. Just rename rFactor2.exe to rFactor2 32bit.exe, and then rename rFactor2 64bit.exe to rFactor2.exe. Done. If your are lost on which version is currently launched you can check the size of executable (64bit is greater than 32bit).

You just have to run rF2 through the launcher like usual. You can also find persons who made batch file to automatize this, or like nipzon explained above, having 2 rF2 directories where executable are already renamed.

17. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Thanks for the quick explanation. Doesn't seem to be too hard, even for me. Thanks. :cool:

18. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

+1
    This is my most frustrating issue and the one thing that's significantly cut down on my RF2 running.
    I now spend more time than I'd like with other simulations...occasionally checking in to see if there's a solution planned.

19. nipzon

nipzon Registered

+1
    Also if you are running the rfactor2 64 bit in multiplayer, it is hard to see which server is running 32 or 64. My rfactor crashes when running 64bit executable trying to load 32bit server. We should probably assume all are 32bit unless stated otherwise.

20. nipzon

nipzon Registered

Testing at the moment a lite installation to D:\Program Files (X86) and then also a lite installation to D:\Program Files. Then renaming the executables 32bit for the first install and 64bit for the second install with relevant plugins.
    Still have to select the working directory in modmanager though.
    Shortcuts can be pinned to taskbar named 32 or 64bit.

I still believe that 32bit software should reside in D:\Program Files (x86) and 64bit in D:\Program Files. (Old school I think)