rFactor 2 Build 770 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

They are intended to be completely cross compatible. Testing of this was mentioned a week or two ago before the latest builds were released. At our league we are currently sticking with 32 bit servers because of a server-side plugin we use for admin stuff, and I joined that server fine with both the 32 and 64 bit client.

Also remember 64 bit is not considered primary; having access to it is really more for testing purposes rather than everyone switching to it full time and assuming it's as stable as 32 bit.

2. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

Does anyone know what the meaning of the different colors (orange, blue, green, red) in the match makerlist is?

Sent with Tapatalk

3. Minibull

Minibull Member

Red seems to be the server running a different version of rF2 than your version.
    Blue seems to mean you don't have the mod download thingy.
    Orange, not sure. Maybe it means you don't have the actual content required. Or maybe it means server full?
    Green is all good to go, right build, right content, right mod file. XD

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I have done some "under cover testing, no info to anybody" with -Fun2Race.net- dedicated servers, four as 32bit and four as 64bit.
    32 and 64bit dedicated servers are working fine with Get Missing Component and members has joined all dedicated servers with both the 32 and 64bit client.

However there was few problems, one caused by admin (Ari :mad:) who was editing vmod`s and and was using same ver.number and Get Missing Component was failing.
    Other issue is if you have uninstalled components (sound , talent etc) in packages folder Get Missing Component is failing, after installing or delinting uninstalled components is Get Missing Component working fine.

All -Fun2Race.net- dedicated servers has working Get Missing Component, third party or ISI component, give it a try and give some feedback if you have time :)

5. insatiant

insatiant Registered

Thanks for the update ISI! I had to figure out and manually remove my player UI directory to get rid of the empty BMP error, as well as changing weather to scripted in order to enable RealRoad saves retrieval. But, on the plus side, I believe the performance (control I/O, AIs) may have improved in this build.

6. insatiant

insatiant Registered

This certainly seems the case to me, as well.

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Can the spotter volume be mod related? Once I started testing build 770 (64bit.exe) I heard him clearly with my old settings. Yesterday when I had a race with T5 mod (version 1.8) I didn't hear him anymore. Instead, I heard some new voices like track markes flashing by (wind sounds I guess).

8. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

Hi guys :)

Friend of mine has a problem with rf2 crashing on server after updating to build 770.
    rf2 runs fine for lets say 5 hours or so but crashes then. Can't nail it down to something more specific.

Other issue he mentioned was rf2 server process keeps running after he closes the server and he has to end the process before restarting the server. If he doesn't end the process manually no one can join the server as the server shows in the lobby but if you click on them the writing changes to red or disappears.

Server is 32bit OS so could be a problem with memory usage.

Servers run with liveracers so he assumed this could be another the source of the problem as a lot of plugins doesn't work right since the 64bit update. He is now running one server without liveracers for testing purpose.
    No other plugins are used and no ui mod.

Already did fresh install on server but problem persists. Normally running two servers but also crashes with only one server running.

Haven't seen someone else mentioning this problem but probably someone ran into it while setting up the server.

Any help appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
  9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Look this topic : http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/20772-Server-memory-usage-Build-770-64bit

10. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
  13. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

Hi guys
    The new build have problems with W7 pro 64bits.
    In multiplayer, the machmaker list sometimes freezed, the menus do not show all the buttons, the screen to enter the password is not shown (only shows the box where to put the pass), viewing the menu of mod the button for accepting doesn't appear...
    Please, can anyone else check it?
    Regards

14. nipzon

nipzon Registered

I have the same problem. Win7 Pro 64

15. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

It is known issue and the fix is coming.
    Ruben.

16. susov8

susov8 Registered

The Build 770 or 772 not running on Windows 8 64 (rFactor2 stopped working).
    I install build 660 without problems, someone has a solution to this serious problem, thanks in advance.
    I hope soon ISI solve this issue that prevents us enjoy your good product.

17. Rik

Rik Registered

No, rFactor2 works very well on windows 8.1 64. You have some other problem.

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Do you have Windows 8 or 8.1?

19. susov8

susov8 Registered

8.1 Pro That is the main problem, if I would like to know whether this operating system also have to rename the rFactor.exe and know how to do, thanks.

20. MJP

MJP Registered

Doesn't matter which 64bit OS version you're using, for this build you have to rename the EXEs.

Once ISI are satisfied there are no obvious bugs then future builds will have a different folder structure (as detailed here) which will avoid this messy workaround.