rFactor 2 Build 1008 Now Available (thread does not contain stock car link)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 25, 2015.

1. TJones

TJones Registered

I do this from time to time, to make sure all new parameters are in.
    Just checked my old (the one i moved out after update), the new parameter "LSI Top" is already there. So no need to create a new one.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Thanks a lot ISI, I can't wait to give these a go over the weekend! :)

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

OK so I have the stock cars but I still don't see those plugins in-game. I see this:

View attachment 18055

I've done a complete uninstall, re-downloaded the build, re-installed. Only ISI content. No mods, clean. Tried running as admin.

Any ideas?

4. whitmore

whitmore Registered

After turning on new stock car rules plugins in UI it says needs a restart but game crashes on exit so DLLs will not turn on?

5. shiet

shiet Registered

I don't have that plugins/difficulty page, only the old difficulty. Installed the new build with auto update.

6. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

*SOLVED*

I went to the support folder and ran the VC runtimes. Now the .dlls show up.

7. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

First i must say i have to use glasses but they aten't ready yet.
    So, im finding things blurry in this build. In show room cars "aren't metalic as i expected - stock cars" (hope some people understand what im trying to say).
    Plus im on new nvidia drivers and windows 10.
    Running triples and find too hard to properly set angles and bezel correction. Still have to leave on native resolution and only change with multiview tool?

Maybe it is just the freaking glasses. I dont know.

Ps: Is still possible to config the angle of cockpitview? I think it used to be called seat pitch or cam picth if some one know what i mean i would apreciate.

8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

dunno if i understand you correctly Louis but do you mean this ?
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/24480-HeadTilt-Plugin?p=353207&viewfull=1#post353207

9. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

10. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Did new install crash CTD every time on exit. Plugin turn off turn on with UI not working for me. Deleted all dll plugin other than standard 3 with install turn off turn on still not working CTD on each attempted restart.

11. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

had the same after the update. quick fix was to remove the DAM Plugin . Not sure maybe a plugin setting is the reason

12. bwana

bwana Registered

Damn , now Ive got to learn what all this merry go round stuff is about. Thank you gents ( from One eyed eagle joe:)

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, though I wasn't expecting an exit CTD that plugin is currently linked to individual builds so won't work on 1008 yet. I'll look into the CTD.

Honestly can't remember if this has always been the case, but make sure 'deleted dll' isn't just changing the extension to .dll with something after it (like .dllx, or .dllbak)... the game still picks them up. If you put something in front of the 'dll' it does stop them though.

14. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Right Lazza was just renaming with .OLD

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

K, that should do it. I'm getting mixed results here.. was getting an exit crash, and it seemed to go away when I renamed the .dll... and came back when I made it .dll again... but now I've got it (and my other) plugins on and no exit crash...

*Ok, found it. It'll be an intermittent crash on exit when running the DAMPlugin on the wrong rF2 version. I'll get a new one out for 1008.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
  16. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

yay, most of my problems was because monitors config. Still need glasses but is pretty awesome now with 1992 asr mod in Sao Paulo :D Very happy here!

thank you Isi

17. Emery

Emery Registered

Installed from launcher, no problems. Confirmed stockcar rules DLL loaded, same with knockout qualifying.

18. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

no problem with updating and getting stock car rules working, but I'm getting crashes to desktop every single time I exit the game. Very frustrating!

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

This can have a dramatic effect in making you feel like you're actually in a car and with it all around you. Massive difference to immersion for me. Makes the visual perspective feel like you're actually behind the steering wheel of a vehicle with a body all around you.

Damnnn, the last car I adjusted this for was the F3 in SCE. The corrected head pitch followed by lowering the seat by around 20 and....Wow! It feels like I'm really inside an F3 car with it's body all around me!

RFactor 2
    In your player.json file, there should be a line called seat pitch or head pitch or something. 0.0 is the default and it does not mean straight-out as you can tell in-game because things almost always look like you're staring downwards. Change the number to somewhere between 0.6 and 0.9. A value around there will probably be just-about perfect. For karts, I sometimes halve that number, but sometimes I don't as it's annoying changing it everytime I play and finish playing.

Pre-RF2 ISI Engined Based Games (RF1, SCE. GTL, Race 07, etc.)

Short Version:
    Under the cockpit section In each car's cam file, make sure the first set of numbers next to "orientation offset" is all zeroed out.

Long Version:
    Open each car-type's .cam file (notepad) and, in the cockpit section, look for a line called "orientation offset" followed by three sets of numbers; the first set represents head pitch. You want to make sure that is set to all zeroes. Most cars are originally set to something like 0.0600, or 0.0090 or something so change that to all zeroes. The only exception I have is for go-karts where I normally about halve or maybe even third whatever the default value is.

The other two sets of numbers represent yaw and roll, or roll and yaw, respectively so you'd want to make sure to not change those. They'll most likely be all zeroed-out anyways.

Don't forget to save the file after you've made your desired changes.

TIP:
    You can do a search on your PC for only .cam files (or any type of file for that matter). Search for "*.cam" (without quotes but with the asterisk and period). From there you'll get a result of mostly circuit and vehicle cam files. Go to town on all the vehicle ones.

Once Out On-Track
    You'll probably find that you now have to lower you're seat by about 10 or 20 from before (since the view is now looking straight-out rather than downwards) otherwise it'll seem like your eyes (camera/"head") are set too high. I.e., your previous seat setting will feel too high by about 10-20 once you straighten-out the head pitch.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
  20. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Or you map a button to the seat pitch-up function and get rid of all the hassle. :p