rFactor 2 Build 1008 Now Available (thread does not contain stock car link)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 25, 2015.

1. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i got this at LRP its like they get on the limiter and wont back off. A vette slammed right in my &^%

2. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Does Green/White Checker only work online? Had an offline race today with a caution in lap 18 of 20. When driven past S/F on lap 20 the plugin said One Lap to go. The game itself (and the AI) ended the race just like normal with going into the pits and disappearing.

3. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I updated a second installation I had and it works fine. So, something got broken on the first installation.

4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

When i set up a off line race against AI and only want to run a race, so no quali or practise checked. Then the sim always puts me on pole no matter what i have set in the race setup. i'd like to start at back of grid. This always worked fine in previous builds. No biggy but just wanted to report and see if others have the same problem or if it's something on my end.

When running a quali then everything is just fine and sim puts me in the right spot on grid like the way i qualified.

5. Emery

Emery Registered

Use grid postion in the Session Options. If it is set to random, then you won't be last, but if you set it = number of AI +1, then you'll be last on grid.

[Hmm, just tested random and that randomized my grid position for me with just race session selected. Anyway, grid position is the option you want to use.]

6. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thanks for the reply Emery, but that is the option i am using. So for example with 23ai i set my position at 24. And still the game puts me on pole.

Like i said only check race in session options. When running a quali all is fine.

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Regardless of what I alter, I cannot seem to get my game to allow look left+look right to have the camera look back. Changed controller file, controller.json and player.json. Any ideas?

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Easy solution is to make a mod and setup a password room on the dedicated server.
    No need to fiddle with ports as no one is joining but you.

Pros:
    In warm-up you can set the grid any way for all cars.
    Load any Track order
    Change cars or skins in room.
    Use dedicated menu to make room changes on the fly and reload ( I use full screen windowed mode for that )

Cons:
    You can't pause

Only way to offline.....online. ;)

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That happened to me after I auto-updated, a fresh install fixed it. :)

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe deleting player.json would fix this, too...?

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I always have a fresh player.JSON every build so probably not as it didn't work this time after auto-updating.

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thats strange, because i removed the player.json only before i updated to B1008 and for me it`s working. Set race session, 5 AI, start position 6 and it`s working. However, it`s important that`s working for you, again ;)

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah weird one for sure :)

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You just need to configure look left and look right and look back is automatically pressing both at once.

15. felirrari

felirrari Registered

rFactor is crashing to desktop. If I enter 3 times, 2 times the game will crash. Multiplayer and single player. It came from Lite 982 and upgraded to 1008. Is there anything to solve this problem?

16. Woodee

Woodee Registered

make a complete clean reinstall. Clean player file and everything (back up your old if you're worried).

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

----

That happened to me after I auto-updated, a fresh install fixed it.

-----

You don't have to select only race, you don't have to delete JSON or a Fresh Build or or anything else ..............

Oh dear...

Yeah thanks DD, while you blither on about a round about way to do it that don't even work.

YOU SAID " I WANT TO START FROM THE BACK of the GRID" ie: not from where you qualify .......................your words not mine.

My way you can start from anywhere you bloody like ? lol :)

18. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

I had the same issue (offline) so I decided to try to make a mod that uses the NSCRS15 rFM and it worked.

The one problem I have is with the frozen field when there's a caution. One time I spun (on purpose to test the rules of course :D), yellow flag came out. By the time I was back up to speed, I lost about 10 positions, but the sim told me to follow the car I was following before the caution, so I was able to make up the lost positions.

19. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thanks guys, fresh install didn't fix it. player.json i didn't try will do tonight.
    I think it could be the stock car plugin causing this. will try that too.

edit: like i said NO game breaker for me just wanted to report. I almost always let the AI qualify and all is fine then.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You'd think so... No idea what's up here. My test build works fine, my public build is kaputz.