rFactor 2 Build 1008 Now Available (thread does not contain stock car link)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Upgrade went smoothly (automatic), under W10 I can swith swiftly from RF2 to Motec window by pressing the Windows key many times without problems.
    Found AI very good in multi class racing.

Congratulation ISI.

2. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Thanks but that's not it
    And thanks @P.S.R. but nor did turning off replays, or turning graphics to a minimum etc
    I do note that my physics (purple bar) is nearly full - i'm running n i7-5820 so that is surprising. I'm starting to suspect either I should rol back by Nvidia drivers or I have a motherboard problem

What I see is that the other cars stutter and I go much slower, even though I am at the same speed. In replays it doesn't stutter but it looks like I am driving with one foot on the brake

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

One of the drivers in our league had the same problem and it turned out to be a rogue plugin. I'd recommend the turn them all off and on one by one as advised above. Trackmap was the plugin that caused problems for our league driver.

4. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Have you tried changing rhe setting for "sim processor threshold" the ones having microstuttering problems?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

5. Cozza

Cozza Registered

Since last patch and this patch, anyone else having problems with Full course yellows? Most of the time it just ends up in a massive pile up as cars are just slowing down on track to a crawl.

6. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

7. whitmore

whitmore Registered

As mentioned enabling multi processor thread by changing value 255 to 3 has fixed for some. This is happening to me also but my purple line goes max for a couple of seconds when it happens. Seems only online for me at the moment. 1008 slightly less stutter than 998

8. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

thanks, but I have the value in 3 already. I upgraded my system after build 930, as you can see for me the problem is about the video performance. I'll reinstall rf2 again.

9. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Your green line to me is just showing you are making more frames than you can view not really a problem. You could try fiximg frame rate to your monitor refresh rate or use synch to lock to Gpu i doubty either will fix your problem but i really fo not see that you have a video problem.

10. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Thanks, that has made a difference. There is still some slight jerkiness, but not enough to kill my racing. My purple bar is now abut 90% full rather than 100% most of the time. I wonder why though? And thanks Whitmore too

11. Emery

Emery Registered

Oval AI can't sort itself out during "big ones". They even ram the safety car!

The other thing I noticed is that AI take to the pits even though "Pits closed" is flashing on my screen. They may be retiring, so it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I don't know WHY the AI can enter pits under "Pits closed" conditions.

12. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Excellent build. Auto-update and the league race ran perfectly for everyone on Sunday after the update.

Only 1 bug ive found i think.
    I had a stop/go penalty but the penalty wont clear after i served it. It keeps on calling me to serve it. Even after doing it 3 times It was not cleared. :(

13. bwana

bwana Registered

As stated in your league post Naz one of our drivers in the 92.LE series had same.

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Afaik in rf2 isn`t a s&g penalty, but Drive Through?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2015
  15. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

You should check xml files to see how many penalties you were given and when were they called. Cut track algorithm might provoke a multiple sanction especially when going offtrack.

I already reported it and asked for a feature to disallow cut track in the game options without having to edit the track gdb.

Here there is a video where it shows in the xml how a double stop and go was called in the second runoff. The first run off provoked a single penalty.
    https://youtu.be/I8fCtFG2HC8

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2015
  16. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Thanks. I think the best way is to edit the track gdb for now untill they fix it. I dont want a race outcome to be affected by bug like this.

17. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

Since this build the AI is totally unaware of the player when in the pits. It's 100% reproducible they just slam you out of their way without even lifting. As soon you get on track the everything works as usual. Have to try if the problem persists if I switch to old AI logic...

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I haven't been able to get "self in rear view" to work for a few builds, is it broken?

19. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

Yes, I think it never worked in rF2.

20. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I can confirm this, you really have to watch, even when coming out of garage and going thru gate onto pit lane. Possibly it is just the new ovals.