rFactor 2 Build 1008 Now Available (thread does not contain stock car link)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 25, 2015.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Very close Eddy, just checked myself and the StockCarRules plug-in is fine but the KnockoutQualifying plug-in is the one causing the "Always on Pole" Bug, I shall report it :)

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Ah, yes, that would explain it! I had disabled that plugin, so got the bug-free result.

3. Comante

Comante Registered

With this last build I've noticed that sometimes pressing "reset FFB " button while in cockpit cause a CTD.

4. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

I just set flag rules to none for now

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Little Tip:

For those using their own Custom Background UI (Options -> User Interface) make sure to re-package this with each new Build (i.e. with the new UIData from the new Build not the last one).

Reason being I found when I just installed my old UI from a few builds back I lost the new Plugins section in the UI, so you may miss things in future ISI UI Updates. :)

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Did you got a DQ afterwards, or just recalls of the penalty?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are you completely sure it was a stop/go, and not a drive through? Checked on the HUD penalties page?

8. DocJones

DocJones Registered

I did a few tests on this and had no problem serving stop/go penalties.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

To expand on the AI not seeing you in Pit Lane, at Bathurst (not properly run any other tracks in this Build bar the Ovals) I'm noticing that the AI are not being gentlemen and letting the field through after they've spun. They used to do this great in previous Builds, just sit there on the grass waiting for you to pass then they'd safely re-enter the track, but I'm not seeing that now as they just enter regardless slamming into AI/me. It could the AI avoidance (or whatever it's called) that is bugged.

Could do with more testing at another ISI track though top make sure.

Edit: as ever with default/stock AI settings bar the in game changes (Agg 60%)

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Remember there isn't a very clear distinction for Stop-n-Go and Drive-Thru. It's just the arrow the only thing changing being the direction it points to.

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Since I activated knockoutqyali, I have no idea where to setup quali parameters (how many rounds, how many will proceed to the next session, session lenghts). Where do I find those? Atm I have 2 sessions, first is 30min and the second is 10 min. 5 cars proceed to the second session. I guess this is default? Not good, where do I change it? Good to see it's finally implemented anyway.

12. redapg

redapg Registered

Maybe my little Script can help you in this case.
    Click on the Link in my Signature.

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thanks, that did explain some thing to me.

However, I still didn't get a result I want. This is how I set it up:

NumQualSessions":3

"Total3Session1Minutes":15,
    "Total3Session1Scored":12,
    "Total3Session2Minutes":12,
    "Total3Session2Scored":8,
    "Total3Session3Minutes":10,
    "Total3Session3Scored":8

As I understood it, this should mean we have 3 sessions. 12 drivers will advance to the session 2. 8 drivers will advance to session 3. I have no idea why I have to set how many will advance from the final (third) session because it's the last session...so I set it 8. Should it be 0 because no one is advancing to next round when there ain't any?

Anyway, above didn't worked as I expected. 12 drivers did advance to the session 2, but 12 drivers also advanced to the session 3 when it should have been just 8. So where did I go wrong?

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You aren't quite doing it right. 'Scored' means the number of cars that can take part in that session - not the next.

Your setup is currently saying that 12 cars take part in Q1, 8 take part in Q2, and 8 again take part in Q3.

Now, as you've pointed out you actually didn't have those numbers... and this is where you need to set "FixedNumberScored":1 (it's 0 by default) which tells the plugin to use the actual number of cars you've specified. You would then set it up like this:

"Total3Session1Minutes":15,
    "Total3Session1Scored":43,
    "Total3Session2Minutes":12,
    "Total3Session2Scored":12,
    "Total3Session3Minutes":10,
    "Total3Session3Scored":8

43 for session one just means include all cars, then the 12 fastest take part in Q2, and then the 8 fastest out of those take part in Q3. But you need to make sure FixedNumberScored = 1.

With FixedNumberScored:0, the game works out how many cars to include based on the ratios between your figures. By your original figures, you had 12 scored in Q1 and 8 scored in Q2. The plugin sees this as: "however many cars take part in Q1, two-thirds of them (8/12) can take part in Q2, and that same number (8/12) take part in Q3". So the number that are actually in Q2&3 will change based on how many are in Q1.

Hope that helps.

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

16. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes, thanks Lazza.
    I have to update the information that i wrote in my script.
    It seems to be wrong.
    I took it from a website that i don't find anymore.
    It would help a lot, if ISI would offer detailed explanations of the functionality of released features. ;)

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Can't reproduce this now as I've seen the AI 'wait' perfectly, maybe it was just a couple of AI who in particular didn't want to wait!