Rf2 vs gsc2013

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Race 07 and all its descendants are well below GSC E and properly cared-for rFactor content. Funny about Grand Prix games (especially 3 and 4) is how they managed to provide a very good AI and weather settings. The drying parts of the track in GP3 blew my mind!

About the tire deformation I can't speak too much as I've only seen a couple of videos, I never paid any attention on my own analyzing replays. It can appear exaggerated due to the amount of polygons and a few more aspects, it goes back to the whole "scaling back" aspect of things (or not needing to develop something that extreme). If you want to see exaggeration check out Live for Speed's BMW Sauber F1 car :p.

2. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SFAt9cqZyU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUtb-sjxEwY

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

surpassed it !!

lol

GSC is "good" but isn't even rF2's big toenail....... imho.

Then again I am bias Historic is way better then EGT

but that's personal opinion isn't it

5. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Are you my unknown twin?:D

6. Descoat

Descoat Registered

I would like to see Reiza´s studio developing a game with the outstanding physics of RF2. Isimotor 2.5 needs to persuade them.

ISI and Reiza should work together. They are the only that makes me believe that their future´s games will be SIMS made for simracers. When profit knocks the door, some studios forget that word. But nevermind, some professional drivers can change your opinion very quickly... money makes it possible.

By the way, if you want the best game ever made under isimotor 2.0, in my opinion, GSC is the king.
    RF2 is another level.

7. msportdan

msportdan Banned

yeah i think you guys are right, rf2 is and shows its superiority with the new engine.

But.... how can i get the sway view you get in in GSC2013 with rf2, like when you turn your view sort of rolls to the side.

cheers

8. Minibull

Minibull Member

Look to apex? Just look under your control settings, near where head movement is. Pretty sure all the same camera and head functions would be in rF2.

9. Nemesis44uk

Nemesis44uk Registered

Thanks for posting this. I'd never heard of GSC before, but it looks pretty sweet. When I get paid, after getting another year's subscription to RF2 (of course) that's going to be next on my purchase list.

10. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

The next update is right around the corner, so you can wait for that. New F1 car, Spielberg and Imola I think.

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

"It will include F-Extreme, F-Vee, Spielberg and Buenos Aires".

Straight from the horse's mouth. :)

Kyalami and 1990's Imola will follow in later updates I think.

12. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I did find a nice little solution to get that lean effect that GSC has,

PLR file
    "Leanahead Angle":0.2,

The look ahead effect just turn on a horizontal angle, where this code, give a little lean.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
  13. msportdan

msportdan Banned

can you drag n drop a plug n from GSC into rf2?

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Nope.

15. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I thought not...

that lean ahead doenst exactly mimic gsc, as that leans with inertia and momentum, where rf just does it even when stationary

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

This will start a flame war- but here goes.

GSC is a total conversion mod of rFactor 1. It is much like the excellent HistoriX mod in that the UI, physics, tracks, cars, FFB and everything have been changed- but underneath it IS a mod of rFactor 1. With very little work actual rF1 mods can be converted for use with GSC. The tracks and weather are static, the car is not very dynamic and the tires can take a serious beating. The car models and tracks are the best of any rF1 mod ever made (and that is saying something!)

rFactor 2 has an upgraded graphics engine, re-worked physics engine, re-worked tire model, weather, realroad, flat spotting of tires etc- all the stuff that makes rF2.. rf2. The changing conditions and changing tires, car dynamics, track etc (all the stuff that makes the RACING in rF2 so good) are really what set rF2 apart from rF1 (and thus- GSC). Over a lap the 2 sims are remarkably similar, but the more laps you do the further rF2 pulls away.

17. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

It's not about flame war or not. They're not hiding the fact that they use the rFactor 1 engine with plugins and new shaders to make GSC. Same as ARCA, I guess, just much more advanced.

18. yusupov

yusupov Registered

yeah, i dont see anything controversial in those statements. i think the reason some would give GSCE an edge as a package is the uniform quality of the cars. if youre willing to dig there are quite a few very good (non-brazilian) tracks out there as well. i would hate to choose one or the other. ive barely used rf, but i see GSCE as sort of a perfected, mess-free rfactor, with rf2 roughly as far ahead of it in terms of evolution as it is behind in terms of polish.

19. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

rf2 has much better feeling than any sim maybe even to much at times but that comes down to the track most of the time a car on say silverstone which feels nice and smooth put that same setup on say Symmons plains 0,95beta and its bumpy as hell and it shows through your wheel way to much, visually it is amazing when mods are done correctly but at least 60 percent of the community (maybe more) can not run it to its potential.. as its a resource hungry sim, and i don't think any other sim out there runs so ... to put it bluntly CRAP!!.

gsc is a beautifully refined Rf1 using a lot of its capability's that ISI dangled in front of modders but had no intention of releasing for rf1, i just hope its not the same for rf2.

If you want to go racing with many people go gsc, if you want to have a realistic feeling go rf2. because still to this day the collision model sux and you can't race hard and fast and rub panels without upsetting someone because they have been sent flying

don't have AC yet but have every intention of buying it

I still drive rf1 everyday it has big numbers still and is great fun to go to battle in! and has many great mods

20. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I don't regret getting on sale, but man does it need some work.