Rf2 vs gsc2013

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, Aug 3, 2014.

1. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I know most of you are a honest bunch, so am gonna ask what are the pro n cons of the above games. I tried the 60min demo and I found gsc ffb better but didn't have long to obviously experience everything.

what does gsc do better than rf or is there not a lot in it?

Anyone who has both or more experience please share your thoughts.

IM interested.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
  2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

GSC maybe gives a better impression straight out of the box... To some. Not me though.
    It appears to be a more "complete" package. In the long run though it doesn't quite hold up.
    Don't get me wrong, it's a fun sim.

Major cons though include lack of Real Road for one.
    No wet weather racing. More simplistic physics and tire model.

Pros include some pretty cool ffb.
    Very colorful and charming graphics.
    An array of wonderful South American tracks, many which I didn't know before, but have come to love.

Every sim racer should have this installed imo, even though rF2 is miles ahead.

3. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Thx mate i did try one night race and the performance was awful compared to rf fps at night. But i did like the ffb. If i could somehow find a similar feeling in rf. I did like the fact gsc had a season mode.

4. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

+1

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

5. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Are the mods as good as rfs mods?

6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yes, I feel they are. Gsc can really be fun but the feeling of driving can never be like rf2 in my opinion

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I think the difference in ffb comes from the fact that GSC utilizes the RealFeel plug-in, originally made for rF1.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :)

8. yusupov

yusupov Registered

yes, game stock car is essentially a giant, insanely good rfactor mod. the wait for 1.20 has been killing me..

9. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

+1 to everything said above. Great racing sim.

GSC and Reiza Studios should be supported even if you may not play it that often. They're a great SIM company for PC only. Not many left.

I purchased ALL the RaceRoom Experience content just to support SimBim even though I never play it.

I purchased Assetto Corsa even though I don't play that either just to support Kunos.

Without little SIM companies like SimBin, ISI, Reiza, and Kunos where would we all be? Playing Codemasters and SMS garbage.

So yeah buy GSC :D

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Hmmmm, pretty much exactly what I was going to write. +1

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Go on youtube and look for user reviews, some go far more indepth on pros and cons.

12. msportdan

msportdan Banned

13. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

In the most simple easy to understand and relate to way, GSC is better than the not so good stuff here, but not as good as the good stuff here.

RealFeel isn't needed for rF2 because rF2 already does that essentially.

14. msportdan

msportdan Banned

"here" meaning the mods?

15. msportdan

msportdan Banned

16. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Yes, looks like someone forgot to change the steering lock, that's their fault, not the game's fault. That's also a mod.

Mods, ISI content - cars / tracks.

17. msportdan

msportdan Banned

do you own gsc?

18. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Yes of course.

19. msportdan

msportdan Banned

ok.. cheers

what sim do you play more?
    rf2 or GSC?

and does realroad make too much difference between sims.
    what Ai is better more realistic/challenging.
    selection of tracks/cars variety?
    season mode work?

20. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Probably about the same at this point, but that's down to not really having anything to drive / race that excites me a lot in rF2. I spend pretty much all of my time here with the EGT mod for that reason. But overall, probably a bit more GSC, but not a lot more.

Real road is huge, IMO the defining difference. IMO, rF2's good content has better physics, but I don't find GSC so lackluster or anything in comparison it's impossible to enjoy. But I do certainly miss real road and the more difficult tire management.

AI is a mixed bag in both, I find the GSC AI to be better in most scenerios, but rF2's AI over the last two builds has improved a lot. At this point, I'd still say GSC, though I think it's almost certain that rF2 will surpass it soonish.

GSC has a lot of 3rd party mods, basically if it was in rFactor, it's probably been ported one way or another - so it has a very large selection in that regard, but personally, I stick to the official stuff as it is just flat out better than 95% of the stuff out there. The official content track wise is about the same as LRP or Indy here, very good, but not as spectacular as Silverstone or Mores for example. The circuits themselves are fun, and probably new to you so that is a plus as well. Tons of variety, V8 Stock Cars (Think DTM meets V8SC, very fun cars!), Camaro SS street car, Minis, NotMcLaren MP4/4, NotFerrari early 90s F1 car, Fittipaldi 76 F1 car, Modern F3... chances are there is something for you. Coming soon are more tracks from Reiza (Free) and more cars, including a 2014 style F1 car and a Formula Vee. That covers a lot of ground in terms of a car for you.

IMO, it's the best "sampler pack" on the market, while rF2 / rF1 has a large variety as well, a lot of it isn't up to high quality standards.

Yes, GSC has a season mode.

rF2 will (and in many ways has) surpassed GSC, but GSC is still a great package worth enjoying.