Rf2 vs gsc2013

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, Aug 3, 2014.

1. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

If money it's not a problem: go for both, no question about it. If is a problem...i would buy GSC now and then i would start saving money for buying Rfactor 2. In my opinion they are the best sims in the market.

GSC is improving and receiving updates. Reiza promised real road, weather, dirt physics...

In GSC, there are some modders that are updating some Rfactor tracks to GSC Extreme standars (roadshaders, special effects, sky...), you can download then in Racedeparment. I really wouldn't care about mods, they're exactly the same as Rfactor ones and Reiza cars are unbeatable.

Rfactor 2 is looking gorgeous build after build, and then you have real road, awesome ffb and phsyics, great customization...i only feel some lack of good third party mods, but ISI content is great too (although i prefer Reiza stock content) and there are some really nice tracks out there, i guess good mods will apear sooner or later.

2. msportdan

msportdan Banned

ive read that GSC simuoates as good a sensation as grip as rf2 does is this true, and does gsc have some sort of dynamic line on the track..?

and am I right it still uses the old rf1 engine (obviously I suppose)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
  3. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

rFactor 2 has much better FFB by a mile, but I guess you tried the Civic, which is FWD car and feels a bit funky to some.
    rFactor 2 is varied and offers a bunch of different styles. For the more powerful cars, I need to keep the pedal sensitivity to 0. All the content in GSC is easily drivable, even the F1. In each game, the cars feel very different from each other. rF2 can feel loose before the track rubbers in. GSC feels tight in any car by default.
    The range of Brazilian tracks is a great feature if you want to learn new circuits in a championship you know nothing about. Worth owning just for that, like STCC or DTM.
    GSC is much easier to use and offers championships and a stronger visual style at any graphics setting.
    The real road makes a huge difference, especially if you simulate a full weekend with other people.

Game Stock Car feels like a completed product that has a lot to offer and is a no-brainer at that price.
    rFactor 2 is the most advanced simulator for home entertainment, but nothing about it is spotless.
    Both have good AI, but GSC is more reliable on all sorts of tracks, at the start, etc.
    Lots of extra content for both.

For me, one can't replace the other.

4. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I have rf2. :)

thanks for all the detailed replies guys..

I just uncovered this thread lol

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/17079-rF2-vs-GSC2013/page2

RE; I really like playing leagues or series I haven't got a clue about. for instance im a arsenal fan but in pes I like to play a league im not clued up on like the son zagres. I get more fun out of not knowing whos top etc etc. Likewise with the STTC or even the brazil v8s :)

5. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Oh. I'm glad I have both.

6. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Ai

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
  7. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Also didn't the ai get hugely improved for rf2 ( re-entering track awareness etc) and gsc still using old rf1 ai. Wont rf2 have superior ai. And gfx

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

GSC has very finely tuned AI and very, very good default setups. The graphics do currently suffer from not as many shaders and other advanced techniques but the base itself is very good looking. If you've seen previews of the update there are some visual layers being added to the base to help the atmosphere with top notch tracks. There's some blending of car and environment issue inherited from the ISI engine and it won't match pCARS or Assetto Corsa's visuals, but the thing is that the graphics are not distracting. The realroad aspect of rF2 is really cool, GSC obviously doesn't currently have something like it but it did start implementing different grip levels for different parts of the track, in some cases with dirt specs kicking up.

Like Empty Box said, it is a great complete package with some very good cars and tracks, without factoring any mods. It fully utilizes gmotor2's potential in what it simulates as you've probably felt some great things while driving. It does have shortcomings from being based in something from a different era, of course, but if you're enjoying the driving experience and possibilities so far (like a season mode for each car), why not get it? GSC's Formula 3 and Formula Classic were my favorite cars for a long time across all current games (rF2, AC, pC) until I drove the Lotus Exos 125 S1 in AC and the F-Renault 2014 in rF2. I challenge you not to have fun in a freaking Camaro SS after you spend two laps getting used to it, in almost any GSCE track.

9. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i read that you have to config you gfx ini otherwise the games defaults it all back when set in menu.? is this true>

cheers mates

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

No such thing. When you first launch the game you make sure it's set to the highest resolution your machine can handle and set it to DX9, no .ini messing needed.

11. msportdan

msportdan Banned

ah good. also mate is there a way to change the track order/calender in season mode?

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

For that you'd have to use a championship editor (like CTDP released for rFactor) or risk messing directly with .ini files.

13. peterchen

peterchen Registered

GSC is in the end a very good rF1-mod. (with some extras)
    That means that the base AI and the tyre-physics are rF1 technique.
    I doubt (never drove it too long-rF2 came in time) that the AI in GSC is comparable to the rF2 one.
    The physics in GSC can never reach the fidelity and feels of rF2.
    This is the technical side...

14. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Is your name "little Peter"?

15. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i know people wont like me saying this, i understand. but could the feel from RF2 to GSC just be placebo.
    I mean how can two great engines really be different.?! I know theres RR but doesnt these tracks have some sort of dynamic grip mathematics. I know what I'm trying to say but having trouble..

Basically how much can be simulated by a home cpu before its at the limit ( and feeling will all be the same), and we all know they cant create realism.

cheers

16. peterchen

peterchen Registered

More or less, yes.
    Is your name "realk" like a mix of "real" and "milk" ?
    And: are you evil 666?

17. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I'm a Kman, a real one in real life. I'm also marked like the Beast indeed, philosophically speaking.

18. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Ah OK! Then it´s all clear now...;)

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Well in rFactor 2 the feel can vary according to the dynamic interaction of the tire with the road, as grip evolves. Dynamic grip is a recent thing, rF2 and AC have it at the moment (AC is a pre-determined thing) and maybe pC will have it. Just because the grip isn't dynamic it doesn't mean it isn't good, it's just pre-determined levels used to simulate the condition in real life. Some people dare say it's unrealistic because it isn't dynamic but there's nothing unrealistic about stipulating values based on real life that then simulate grip conditions (albeit static) as you would experience in real life.

GSC has very good FFB on its own and magnificent when compared to rFactor. Compared to rFactor 2 (and AC for example) you start noticing some differences that can be caused by the limit of what can be achieved in that front in gmotor2. F1 Challenge 99-02, the previous F1 games, and rFactor all suffered from the feeling you got from the car and road especially on the front tires. ISI was able to remedy that with rFactor 2 but GSC has to use these additional plugins on top of the existing game, though unlike rFactor mods it is all finely tweaked in house so it'll feel better than just rF mods with realfeel (Reiza has two gurus for that front, Niels and Renato). The more use you get of both GSC E and rF2 the more you'll understand things, especially with regards to front tires or overall car feel.

About what can be simulated, all of the current big 3 (rF2, AC, pC) can go way in depth, far beyond what would be possible for our PCs to handle for just one car and much less AI, so they all compromise. You don't need everything to be dynamic, pre-existing conditions and variations can all be simulated to feed a response to the game based on the data from it.

Hopefully this helps clarify things for you.

20. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I have race 07 and most of its expansions , AC rf2 and tying GSC at the moment, also noting the fact ive been playing some kind of racing games all the way from geaoff crammonds on the amiga.

I get the handling I understand a game when it has good handling and physics, its just this whole tyre thing. im sure ISI overexaggerated the deformation of the tyre compared to real life, just so they can actually see their hard work in action (tyre wobble) how a tyre warms up grips wears out etc has almost all got to be very similar surely?!