Rf2 vs gsc2013

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, Aug 3, 2014.

1. msportdan

msportdan Banned

2. Descoat

Descoat Registered

Sorry but if we don´t mix another games, this conversation beetween both games will be more interesting.

Niels Heusinkveld makes that game more interesting than it could be.
    In my opinion, they need to stop making some more new DLCs and make the new GSC in a new graphic and physics motor. isimotor 2.0 is the past.

What we need in RF2 is not to read again " rfactor2 stopped workning". That makes GSC a better choice in that point.

3. maverik2000

maverik2000 Registered

Hello,
    I'm very interested in this cause I like the lean effect of GSC E.
    Where can I find my plr file in the rf2 folder? I've looking for it but I can't find it.

Thank you.

4. Descoat

Descoat Registered

UserData/player/player ( el archivo es un JSON no un PLR ) ;)

5. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Please be aware as i said earlier, that code doesn't give the exact same feeling as gsce its similar Vo. Gsce is a plug in i think and the lean occurs more with speed. RF code will make it lean at a turn of the wheel stationary or not.

If ur one of those drivers like me that u lean in ur car around corners,u will like a lot hehe

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It is v.21, it absolutely does need more features, polish, and work.

We'd all love to see GSC migrate to something new but who knows about feasibility. They could develop in a way similar to Simbin who licensed the engine, instead of the rfactor license (Reiza). Then there's Kunos, so there'll be potentially three new ways to go on about the future - latest p/gmotor, gmotor2 license, or Kunos license.

7. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I wouldn't mind if they went with the AC engine, but the physics are just not there yet. I guess they already know how ISI does thing, too.

8. peterchen

peterchen Registered

They shouldn´t do a standalone-game with this new platform at all In my opinion!
    They should make paid mods for rFactor 2 (and other sims) instead!
    That would be simpler, cost efficient and they could influence ISI in a good way!

Think about it!

9. David Wright

David Wright Registered

The advantage of selling a standalone game is people only have to buy one game. If you sell your game as a mod, people are very unlikely to buy the mod platform and your mod just to play your mod. Realistically you are limiting your sales to people who already own rF2 and lets be honest, even ISI admit its not very popular, and I suspect its even less popular in Brazil which is the main market for GSC.

10. peterchen

peterchen Registered

They can make it more popular.
    And: you are not that limited if you offer your mods for different platforms.

11. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

And also they made their name by creating a self-contained product of very high quality out of old technology. I'd trust they'd make everything work together very well regardless of the engine they'd use. I just wonder if a lot of people in Brazil have good PCs. I know it's a PC-centric country, but I'm not sure about the prices of stuff there.

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Tell me are rF2 threads the top of the page at their sites ?

:eek:

13. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

In Brazil? They come in after the Carnival camel toe disasters threads.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

15. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I guess fanboys don't know what is critical thinking, unlike rF2 users. We get a few fanboys here, but the casual market is sure to attract more.

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

A couple of months ago a friend wanted to upgrade his PC and a used 660 was costing as much as a brand new 4gb GTX 770.

pC only has one visible forum for non-members, you don't know what goes on.

17. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Backing to GSC x rF2, GSC is more polished and extract all of old Gmotor / Pmotor, it's a great simulator and, IMHO, a must-buy. But the physics and driving felling turns silly when I get used to rFactor2, to be honest.

18. Travis

Travis Registered

I think GSC-E is the best example of what the ISIimotor2 is capable of and for that alone is a must buy. Reiza have been sublime with their post release support, charging nothing for what many in this industry would label as DLC and thus expect one to pay through the nose for. As for the versus bit, sim racing is a highly subjective past time - I'm very happy to own both rF2 and GSC-E ;)

19. Descoat

Descoat Registered

Of course. Lot of us will support the idea of Reiza working in isimotor 2.5 but honestly, gmotor 2.5 is not the future. pmotor 2.5 is the present and the future so it´s hard to start a new project if the graphic motor is not really at the level that most of us consider a new generation of sims.

What made me fall in love with Rf2 is not the saturated colours such as the grotesque drivers... physics, the ISI cars with flexichassis and real road are what I was waiting, but I admit that the balance could make some developers to think about that. gmotor 2.5 will be a flagstone in the decission of many people... not for me but admit it. If it´s possible to work with pmotor 2.5 and another graphic motor, don´t wait to announce it in april´s fools day, please.
    Anyway, pmotor 2.5 is not so bad, but not at the level as others.

Reiza was working a a project called Senna. Perhaps GSC is the economic support for that purpose.

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

1.) Yes, I've also noticed in some other videos of GSC where there seems to be too much lock allowed in the driving. Maybe it's not a physics issue but just a player using too slow a rack (combination of real-life wheel's lock and in-game car's lock), but those same videos often look correct at times in terms of the steering lock, so how could it be sometimes seemingly correct and other times seemingly incorrect? Is it a physics issue that is allowing/requiring too much lock from the car at certain times (bui at other times the amount of lock seems just fine and not too slow)??

Perfect example

Sometimes the amount of lock required looks great, but other times it looks "off". There seems to be way too many corners, especially mid and high speed, where the car requires 90 degrees, even beyond 90 degress, of steering lock. It just looks way too slow for those type of high speed corners, but then at lower speeds and when correcting oversteer it looks pretty good. It's like the car allows you to crank in a ton of lock at mid to high speeds without causing too much slip. Seems odd.

I own GSC and sometimes I feel this, but other times I feel it's all in my head. It's really hard to get a grasp on. Is it just the steering rack settings of the player or is it something in the Reiza/ISI physics/tyre modelling?

I have also noticed this in some mods for rF1, and some cars that don't seem to suffer from this then seem to suffer from other problems like just being too overly twitchy and darty. It seems to always be some sort of compromise when getting the best out of the rF1 tyres. Fix/hide one thing, but then something else shows it's head.

2.) I don't notice this much, if at all, in rF2, regardless of car, mod, etc. I do feel though that rF2 sometimes has something off with the amount of steering lock required to save a bigger oversteer moment. It sometimes seems to need less correction lock than you think/feel. For example, you get the rear out and as you are correcting you feel as if you need about 75 degrees of lock to fully save the slide and stop the rear rotation, however once you get to just the 50 degree mark the slide becomes saved and you start the returning-steering-back-to-centre phase. If you use a slower steering rack than the amount of oversteer correction lock feels spot on but as a consequence the rest of the driving now has a slightly too slow steering rack. Overall it's much, much improved from rF1/GSC, it's only some bigger oversteer moments here and there now.

3.) Having said all that, and to answer the threads question... Game Stock Car is AMAZING. The overall dynamics and feel of GSC are great. Please support these guys. Formula Truck is great too. The package and price of GSC, not to mention the support and passion of Reiza are phenomenal. They are so committed to the pure simulation aspect. I'm so happy they got a guy like Niels who seems to be all about pure physics and FFB, with the rest being a million miles away (graphics, real logos lol, etc.). He is, no-nonsense, trying to give us the technically best and purest driving experience possible.

Watch this amazing video. Notice it is 99.9999% about the pure gameplay itself. It's all about the actual driving experience AKA the vehicle dynamics, the FFB, the technical design of the car's physics, driving technique, etc. etc. This is a "proper" guy when it comes to physics development and I'm so happy he is head of physics for one of our sims.

This guy has probably the best sim-racing videos on all of youtube, PERIOD. He deserves many more views.

There is one area where, to me, GSC is much superior to rF2: the fact that I can edit the FFB values (a result from using a pre-rF2 ISI engine) to exactly how I want it. Having the freedom to customize the FFB in order for you to feel the car the way you think you should and in a way that helps make up for sitting at a desk behind a computer screen (rather than being forced to just go by steering rack forces) is a must in my opinion. I can still manage to get faster laptimes, go off track less, get up to the limit quicker, lap more consistently, and know what I need out of the car (either technique or setup wise), better in GSC and anything rF1 based than in rF2 solely due to the fact that I can get edit how the physics, and what the car is doing, translates into FFB, where in rF2 you are more or less stuck with what you got. It's a shame because the rF2 physics engine is superior to GSC's/rF1's.

4.) P.S. One more thing about Reiza. Perhaps the most important thing. They are developing plugins that actually (I believe) affect/change the core physics and tyre model of rF1 (or add to it, or..whatever, you get the point, lol). This can be thought of more of a core physics/tyre model update, rather than just editing numbers and plugging in different numbers for your rF1 mod. I'm pretty sure no rF1 mod has ever had this done to it's physics. Once this gets implemented, you then cannot consider GSC just an rF1 mod, as the physics/tyre model plugins will be affecting the physics on levels that cannot be done by just plugging in different numbers to your mod. I am so glad they are sticking with the ISI engine (although rF2 would be even better) due to the magic fidelity and depth that the ISI engine portrays. There is never a feeling of dullness or simplicity in the ISI engines' physics, even if technically the rF1 engine may not be the most up to date and technically supreme as the rF2 engine or other engines. The vehicle dynamics in the ISI engines always seem alive, raw, and reactive to every little input/output, and that cannot be said about every modern, newer-than-rF1 sim engine (even if they are better in other areas).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014