rF2 screen shots.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1lover, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Sooner or later, I will try.

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

3D grass is a tricky business. I'd stay away from it for now.

Comparing to some simple terrain texturing found in many rF1 tracks, where just one grass texture was repeated infinitely, such simple grass generator as mine was an improvenemt.
    But comparing to quality texturing found on Croft, Putnam Park and Poznan, my grass generator is a step back, just as many other similar tools.

If you would want to make a step forward, then you would need far better tools and support from game engine itself (geometry instancing).

This is something for programmers to deal with first. You need proper technology for such things. Adding lots of polygons in 3DS MAX either by hand or by script is not a good way to do it.

3. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

4. Miro

Miro Registered

5. Miro

Miro Registered

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I actually like the look of 3D grass in some other games/sims, but it always looks to be about 4 times larger than real grass is... :(

7. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Its called laziness of the janitor/maintenance/lawnmowerers. We here have solved this problem by turning it into a sport.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/28/lawn-mower-ice-racing-finland_n_1307740.html
    Probably wouldnt be too hard to get a licence for that. :p

8. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

@K

Thanks for explanation. It's in my plans but for further future.

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

10. Tony

Tony Registered

Very nice tweaks Tosch :)

I like the one on the concrete apron with the strong sunlight and deep shadows

..it's what I've been babbling on about in these forums for some time now: when HDR is enabled, ..to have darker, more life-like shadows, especially the ones around & under the cars

I still regularly race rF1 in leagues, & the difference in how the two look is really starting to show big-time now :)

11. FONismo

FONismo Registered

You realise this car is not for rF2 and is being made for AC and commercial purposes? They have said something seperate is being done for rF2. This car has nothing to do with rFactor whatsoever.

12. tjc

tjc Registered

I have to say, I did wonder what that screen was doing in the rf2 screens forum...

13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

The only logical conclusion, especially without any text to go along with it would be trolling, but that is just my opinion. Sorry if I am wrong GT.

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It was posted in DrivingItalia.com as a rF2 content! DrivingItalia.com is a very credible site!

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

WT?!so consider me a troll?:confused:

16. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Perhaps you should have a read below, straight from the mod team themselves. Driving Italia maybe credible but they are wrong on this occasion. This car is for Assetto Corsa and not rF2

"Arnold is known to be a very passionate modeler, and pretty fast when it comes to quality and accuracy.
    So as promised, once again he delivers a stunning model of the Van Herck Racing Mazda 20B .
    The model is not yet textured, and a full detail cockpit will be added soon.
    RMT is creating the mazda as both a game model and a render project in cooperation with the Van Herck Racing Mazda team.
    The game model is supposed to appear in the upcoming Assetto Corsa sim, when possible.
    Check out Van Herck Racing here – http://www.mazdabelgium.be/mazda-racing/_nl/btcs/

As usual, all is well at RMT.
    PS: .. we have a little surprise cooking for the rFactor 2 fans, but more on that later."

http://www.bsimracing.com/wsgt2-first-renders-of-the-mazda-3-20b-van-herck-racing-wip/#201301124303

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes ans sorry!I missed that article from VirtualR!
    However it would be a shame that rF2 loses such a great mode and, really I don't understand this decision to switch to a new game that hasnt been released yet!

18. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Well i don't think this model was even intended in the first place for rF2. Regarding WSGT2, well that's their decision and they have every right to do so. Most people will be buying AC so no biggie and they have said they will still have something for rF2.

They are not the only mod team out there, others will appear don't worry. And you will still get to try WSGT2 just on another platform by the looks of things. Tbh, i don't think they have even said if they are using AC for the full mod. It seems right now they are alluding to this single car as something for AC and again no biggie if they do decide to switch to AC, it's their choice.

19. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

You will notice the highlighted text from my response GT. You didn't put any text in and it was clearly not a screenshot from rF2, so what were we to think?

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

For me it wasn't clearly "not screenshot from rF2"! please, read my post above!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.