Renault Clio v1.0 Available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jul 12, 2012.

1. NunoPinto

NunoPinto Registered

If you loose FFB you see the weel getting loose no feeling to the driver at all, that doesn't happen in the video.
    If you look at the driver hands and arms in the exit of the corner and the car jumps a litte, you see the driver getting the feel and then he corrects the understeer, that doens't happen in the game, you simply loose all FFB.
    If you experience the loss of FFB on the game probably you would understad better what i am saying.
    I notice in playing online that if you play with a lot of rubber on the track, that happens a lot less, mostly on the very slow corners.

2. Brycevr

Brycevr Registered

"A wheel without traction has no integrity" AKA no feel. That's why we say a car gets "loose" we loose traction and the feel goes away.

3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yes as with any FWD do your braking and get off the brake before you enter the corner. I like the Clio, it feels good and sounds great when your on your own. Looking forward to racing it in a pack of cars which can't be done right now due to the distortion

4. Brycevr

Brycevr Registered

From what I know, a video doesn't have a lot of feel. You can still drive a car with the traction braking away but you don't have the same touch. That's the whole trick to it it isn't it?

5. Mauro

Mauro Registered

i have deleted "Clio_PC" component before install the new clio cup.

is it an error?

if yes, how i can reinstall it?

6. Alessandro Lo Manto

Alessandro Lo Manto Registered

7. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I had that leaked Clio mod aswell. All I did was to uninstall it before I installed v1.0.

That leaked mod should be visible on your list of mods (not components) as v0.1. Thst's what I uninstalled.

If you were trying to dig out components manually then you may have overdone it and will have to reinstall all mods or maybe even a game.
    If you're messing around with "unofficial" mods then that's what you get sometimes ;) We do it at our own risk.

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Another case of people using onboards to back up their view a on racing car physics/handling matter. Unless you are talking about something VERY obvious like correcting a huge powerslide or something like that, an onboard camera just about doesnt tell you anything in any way, shape or form.

9. MJP

MJP Registered

I'm guessing you're not using Build 90.

10. Legion78

Legion78 Registered

great looking forward to this

1 person likes this.
  11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There are currently none in any car, but we do plan to have it.

12. 88mphTim

There isn't much logic to licensing. :)
    *I* would uninstall, manually backup/delete where appropriate, and re-install completely fresh if I had installed that earlier version.

13. 88mphTim

This SHOULD work:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor 2\Data\UserData\player\Settings\Renault_Clio\Clio_23ALT0.dds
    C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor 2\Data\UserData\player\Settings\Renault_Clio\Clio_23WINDOW.dds
    C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor 2\Data\UserData\player\Settings\Renault_Clio\Clio_23EXTRA0.dds

However, it's also possible this requires a newer build... Not sure, haven't tried the Clio in current public build. Anybody else got them/not got them working?

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Tried to do random online race, it was a huge mess. I suppose thats how any random online event may be.

But I did roll over 2 times in 5 laps. I think this cars roll over too easily.

Also everybody online still showed with a Nickname, not a Name + Last name. When will this be turned around?

15. 88mphTim

I'll agree with that. ;)

16. tjc

tjc Registered

Well I did`nt have the "earlier" version installed anyway Tim so I`m good. Was just curious. It is a pity that the skins I liked are`nt in the official version but oh well. :)

17. 88mphTim

I saw one of the devs working on the tire model explaining that there isn't enough dropoff off grip yet modeled when the tire contact patch becomes less (towards the sidewall). I think when they fix that, it will affect this.

18. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Has anybody noticed the windscreen wiper disappear when braking or when in reverse?
    Note, only when car is in motion.

19. Chrester

Chrester Registered

Cool, tnx for reply :) (bout animated shifting)

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Thanks, Tim, thats interesting information. I`d like to read more such details in change/release logs.