[REL] Released New Material Editor! (Car Paints)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jan 31, 2019.

1. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Curious as to whether anyone other than S397 has managed to create a mod with the new shaders incorporated?

2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Coutie's IR-18 Indycar has it implemented, but it is encrypted
    The guy that is converting the IMSA DPi's have it enabled as well. Those are the only two that I am aware of at the moment.

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator

You can load them in the web material editor. They don't work really for modders yet. They're wip, so no documentation will be released until they're ready.

4. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thanks gents.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  5. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I'm also eagerly awaiting some documentation/release of the new materials for us modders to use.

I'm desperate to make some metallic factory colours - Techno Violet Metallic (299), Avus Blue Metallic (276), Estoril Blue Metallic (335), Le Mans Blue Metallic (381).

If you're familiar with those colours, you'll know what I'm up to ;)

pkelly likes this.
  6. DaREALMastaD

DaREALMastaD Registered

I have the new shaders ready for the NASCAR 2019 mod (just finishing on other touches of the mod), I believe the dev document has been updated recently and should be a little more helpful.

JimmyT and Hazi like this.
  7. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Not sure this is working correctly. One region is changing another visually. Makes it hard to use more than 3 regions.

8. Coutie

Coutie Moderator

9. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I believe I asked of this before, but that was a while ago. Is there going to be a way to change settings in the show room, or maybe have a model viewer of the cars that are encrypted? I'm losing so much time saving the skin in .dds (1-2 min), then hitting refresh ingame (another 1-2 min). Then having to load a car in track to view when you don't have light (another 2-5 min).

All that added up when I could load the model in 3d Sim Ed, and change the texture to a .tga. 1-2 sec to save as .tga. Another 2-5 sec to refresh the change in 3dsim ed. It makes a lot of difference when you are adjusting logos 1-2 pixels at a time, especially when the templates are really complicated.

20190811140923_1.jpg

Ernie, TheGame316 and McFlex like this.