Released Released | BMW M4 Class 1 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 24, 2021.

1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Thank you very much partner, let's hope studio397 will solve the problem of the templates soon, ... so I don't have to be looking for car by car, ... you have helped me a lot, once again thank you
    [​IMG]

2. atomed

atomed Member

If I recall correctly in real life DTM races you had to be within 1sec distance at start/finish lane. That gave you the right to push the DRS button 3 times in that particular lap, regardless if it was in a DRS zone or not. I don´t know it can be implemented in rF2 though.

3. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

but as far as I know in the DTM championship and also on the models in the Race Room, the super power button is missing, why is it missing?

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

formerly in DTM if you were less than a second from the car in front, you could put the DRS all the way around where you wanted.
    I am not in favor of putting a turbo button

5. lagg

lagg Registered

Is confirmed that it is a DTM car?

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

in my case I only answered how the drs was in the DTM
    but if I think I remember that class 1 was from the DTM
    the DTM has managed to reinvent itself under GT3 regulations;)

7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

It's class 1, which DTM had till last year.

lagg likes this.
  8. 006

006 Registered

Best thing released for a long time. Cheers.

coltair likes this.
  9. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

There is a big problem in the competition system, both in qualifying and in the race the Indianapolis circuit is loaded, not the Monza one, what happens?

10. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

This car is awesomely brutal and does not allow much mistakes, which is not surprising since it is very powerful and without ABS or TC (which is refreshing).
    Surviving the Nords at fast speed requires all your concentration, and more.
    Yup, an incredible car!

11. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

this car is awesome, it should be a paid car, I regret my Raceroom DTM2020 purchase...

12. Desesseints

Desesseints Registered

Thank for the free car. Delicate to drive and a tyre devourer.

13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

for me the car is great, the exhaust flares do not work:rolleyes:...

14. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

great car, fun and comfortable to drive, yet challenging. Feels like it have max 20 lap tires.

15. green serpent

green serpent Registered

While I congratulate S397 on the technical achievment of this car, in my very subjective and personal opinion, it is yet another high downforce stiff suspension car which in fast corners is about as easy to control as doing a speedrun in a FPS game, and in slow corners is so hard to be on the limit due to the tiny threshold between grip and no grip, that you'd have to have the motor neuron conrol in your foot of a world class violin player who is also a double arm amputee. Half the lap is spent yawning while you ride a train on rails, the other half is spent not driving by feeling of what the tyre and load transfer is doing, but by driving from memory of how hard you think you can push based on the last five times you babied the throttle and still spun.

I'm being hyperbolic to get my point across, and I don't want to take anything away from the hard work S397 have done. I wholeheartedly embrace the direction of gathering lots of accurate real world data and I hope they keep moving in this direction. However to be frank, at least from my perspective, something as seemingly humdrum as the Lada on the Steam workshop is infinitely more enjoyable and rewarding to drive, as it actually has progessive handling which you can drive from feeling what the car is doing in real time, rather than rote memorization of inputs.

I'm not an esports driver with laser guided dexterity, I am a normal person and I simply cannot relate to something like the M4 as I have no real world reference to draw upon. While cars like the M4 should definitely exist, don't forget about the people who want a car that actual feels like a real car to drive, something that they can relate to. There is a reason why motoring journalists generally snub their noses at supercars and prefer to drive sports cars like a Miata, old M3 or an Alfa Romeo. Because sports cars are made to actually engauge the driver and give them a sense of what the car is doing, the feeling of the driver is the central objective, not just out-and-out performance and winning races with little regard for driving pleasure.

Thank you for making this awesome car, but I will continue to enjoy the BMW M2 CS and similar drivers cars, where the handling in fast corners is sketchy and the handling in slow corners is compliant and fun like the good Lord intended.

DJCruicky and Rui Santos like this.
  16. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Have you tried that car on the Nords ? It's definitely more challenging and fun there than at, say, Monza. It's engaging and keeps you on your toes all the time and is definitely not boring. Pushing it to its limit is not a piece of cake.

17. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I will have to give that a go. By no means am I saying it's a total cake walk, especially driven in anger, or that it's no fun at all. I was more just having a whine and exaggerating a bit to push my own personal agenda to be honest. All the current crop of cars though obviously different in ways and still great to drive, lack the "momentum car" feeling of really balancing the weight transfer from corner to corner in a flowing fashion. The "world's most diverse racing simulator" needs some more diverse content imo. Perhaps I should put my money where my mouth is and create my own content ;) Anyway still a great car and I'm happy most here are seeming to really enjoy it.

18. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

I also enjoy more challenging cars such as the BMW M2 CS you mentioned, the Porsche Cup and the Stock Cars 2018. Often cars that have no electronic aids (TC / ABS).
    This BMW M4 fits that definition in my opinion and is unique in term of handling. It's much more raw than say a GTE or GT3 (which are fine for what they are, just more tame and safe, which does not mean easy to push super fast).
    In my opinion, the Nords is the best track to truly evaluate any car, due to its diversity.

Kelju_K, green serpent and mixer61 like this.
  19. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Is it only me who came across fps drops with this car and the new released Monza circuit?

I m on latest public brunch

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

In my personal opinion this BMW is perfectly made.

Like someone said it feels more like an ISI car, and indeed it has some flavour of, for example, Megane. Thats because these cars are realistic. In my opinion - very much, I think this BMW is more realistic than ISI Megane. Perhaps I'd say it could be most realistic rF2 car right now.. in my opinion. I also love how wild it is. If it is too grippy at high speed then just have some less wing, and then it is optimal. I like that it can be softened quite a bit. I like that steering can be slowed by reducing steering lock, and this way increasing motion of steering wheel. I like bit less toe on rear wheels. I don't like that I have no idea what stiffness ARB settings provide, but I like that there are many options of them.

The tires are superb. They grip high, and they twitch, drop off and come back very realistically in my view. I was very satisfied, not exactly easy, but everything is very predictable and feels natural, which although the tire is challenging, but is easy to anticipate what will happen if you know how they behave IRL, which I know from ovservations. I think with tire like that, the rest of the physics must be easier to make too, everything just must slip into correct places much more easily.

I love how it gets twitchy on heavy braking, heavy acceleration. I like that it is overpowered and asks for proper pedals modulation. It simply has a lot of depth to it. And coming in combination with Monza is so nice, I love hard braking with this car and hoping over kerbs, it just feels right and is exciting.

Onboard sounds nice. The modeling is very nice, and I am personally loving the interior. I wish there were more into windshields details. And last but not least - IT IS FREE, which is absolutely mindblowing to me and makes no sense. It will also make no sense if this won't become a hit car of rF2, which I am afraid is a possibility...

Everyone who appreciates this car please show it, this would be a great signal that rF2 community needs quality like this, it would be sad if it is just one time thing. I really hope simracers wont sleep over a good thing...

Capeta, vava74, Rony1984 and 14 others like this.