Released Reiza Pack Out Now!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 28, 2019.

1. vava74

vava74 Registered

yikes, not the answer that I was expecting... but wasn't just minor detail work being done for release?

Mauro likes this.
  2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

No idea, that would be something that is "above my pay grade".

vava74 likes this.
  3. vava74

vava74 Registered

Then, your pay grade should be closer to the top that it is :-D

4. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

That's right! This says a lot about the consideration that both S397/Reiza studios have for the players who bought their games.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The Reiza pack was released in Mar 2019.

It got an update soon after, then if I'm not mistaken some extra layouts (different years) were added.

I understand the impatience, but rewriting history to prove a point isn't very useful.

Emery likes this.
  6. Drogo

Drogo Registered

Dude, rewriting history?? Sim racing is really, and I emphasise, really not that serious!!
    And I have absolutely zero points to prove to anybody, anywhere.

Between 2019 and 2020/21 (I believe), yes there were some updates, but obviously the DLC has been considered to be in need of additional updates and here we are in 2024 after being told the latest updates will be provided and are completed, and we're still waiting.
    There is clearly something fundamentally wrong when Reiza say they are waiting on S397 and S397 say they are waiting on Reiza.

For it to be announced in 2019 that content will be available to buy and then 5 years after release still awaiting updates of any kind is definitely not impatient! If an update was announced within the past few months then I would agree people are being impatient considering S397 and Reiza's current workload, If they said the update was only completed the past few weeks I would also agree people are being impatient, but come on, we are talking content here and not the core game especially when we've been led to believe the update has been completed for some considerable time now.

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

At least Microsoft provides me with fair share of updates. So much that I'll probably turn into Linux.

To me current Reiza Pack for rF2 is like Windows XP, it is just simply great.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry, I didn't mean impatience in that way. I meant running out of patience is justified, given the huge time since updates were mooted and certainly since issues like cockpit camera movement were identified.

Still, that's no reason to say we've been waiting for an update since Mar or May 2019. This pack was up to then-current rF2 standard at its release, only later rF2 developments necessitated the graphical overhaul that the content still desperately needs (at least, to fit in with the other recent content).

9. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

the current ibarra in RF2 is one ofthe best looking tracks in rf2 still. even in its "old" tech state.
    I own AMS2 so not particularly bothered about the tempo of this update, but, they released new updates to it in AMS 2 and its GORGEOUS!! when it comes to rf2, if its as its AMS2 counterpart, then i cannot wait to try the new ibarra in rf2.

RaceNut likes this.