Released Reiza Pack Out Now!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 28, 2019.

1. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

it's simcade ;), about iRacing and rFactor2, like I said, it's the closest feeling from the reality, you seem to not play with them....or not really skilled, cause AMS2 is a game which doesnt need a lot of skill.
    Unprecise is in AMS2 you drive a boat, unprecise, in iRacing or rFactor 2 you drive a formula;).
    Any iRacing or rFactor2 players immediately notice that AMS2 is far behind about the simulation level.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    Rui Santos likes this.
  2. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

Why not respond with:

" Hey Renato, thanks a lot for keeping us in the loop about the new car models and PBR updates. It's awesome to see the dedication to updates and improvements. The dedication to constant improvement is truly appreciated. It's understood that time is scarce, and the update was very much welcomed. "

I understand that everyone may have different opinions, but let's try to keep the discussion positive and on topic. If there are specific concerns or suggestions, let's share them respectfully so everyone can benefit from a better DLC experience. What is the point of the iracing, pcars2 debate anyways?

3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

you are right, thanks for the update, the Reiza rF2 bundle is a proof that rF2 drives better ;).
    About a suggestion, I remember the Reiza cars have always cockpit movement, like a bug, I don't know if it's removed or still present, it was annoying.

Haris1977 likes this.
  4. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Yeah, if You say it's a proof then it's settled;)
    But seriously, did you watch the video? Madness engine (which AMS2 uses ) is quite sophisticated.

Also for example F. Vee in the Reiza bundle is way too difficult to drive in comparison to AMS1 and iRacing versions. Of course it doesn't mean rF2 physics are bad - if anything it's just probably car implementation not quite correct. IMHO Reiza should make the car a bit less oversteer-prone. I doubt it's that difficult IRL, even if you have butt feel etc. But anyway you can get used to it after several laps.

You also suggested I don't play rF2 or iRacing..., well I'm rather slow, but have A safety rating in iRacing.

Frederick Alonso likes this.
  5. solerpalau

solerpalau Registered

6. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

7. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's not a settings issue.

I suspect, without knowing, that the cameras have orientation limits set quite low. At least that's what I think I thought years ago.

9. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I don't remember ANY car in rF2 that with those settings the cockpit will shake...

10. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

It was an issue with horizon lock

I am not in pc now but i remember some (or all) reiza cars would not take it into account

11. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Yeah even with all the settings, there is a constant cockpit movement.

12. Rastas

Rastas Registered

I can garante that the Mercedes 190 EVO DTM as nothing to do whit real one,not even close,and yes,i have drive one,actualy i have one W201.

Rui Santos likes this.
  13. Adolfo Bisi

Adolfo Bisi Registered

Yes.
    I happen to have access to the telemetry of most motorsport classes here in Brazil and, although none of them actually uses motec as the analisys tool, we can compare the output channels in different softwares.
    I'm not looking directly into laptimes because every sim has a different version of the track, different asphalt grip levels, different tires for the cars, so it would not be realistic. The focus is looking for car response to input, for the few classes that races here irl and exist in both games. This is not an easy comparison because setup plays a big role in car response, so I tried to copy the setup teams are using into the game, as much as possible.
    rFactor2 is the one that differs the least (because none of the sims comes close to the real car) followed by AC1, AMS2 and for everybodys surprise including myself, iRacing falls behind all of them. I'm not much into ACCompetizione and I don't have access to any real GT3 telemetry, but my guess is that ACC would be the closest to the real car as possible, because the whole game was made and heavily adjusted on top of telemetry data.

I'm not saying that the madness engine is uncapable of good physics, in fact while AMS2 was in its closed alpha stage, the physics were surprisingly better than they are today. And Reiza has already proven that they have the experience to do a good sim, so I don't know the decisions behind this apparently deliberate downgrade.

Formula Vee causes a lot of confusion because every game has a different version of it so you can't expect them to behave the same, and none of the sims including AMS2 has the current model that races here with upgraded rear suspension and gearbox. The one in rF2 (before update) is a very early model, and looking at the pictures Simioni posted about the update, they will use the same version present in AMS2, so again, not the latest model.

14. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Ok then firstly you’re lucky. And just to confirm: you have the exact same car as in AMS2:
    https://ams2cars.info/touring/gr-a-de/190e-gra/
    190E EVO 2 DTM?

If that’s the case , then it still doesn’t prove AMS2 physics engine is inferior. It’s probable it’s mostly badly modeled car in therms of physics parameters. It’s also possible Reiza didn’t have accurate real life data for this one.

Anyway, it’s not good for AMS2 because if this car has wrong handling, then there’s high chance some other has this problem too.

15. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

That’s interesting and I didn’t expect rf2 to differ the least with similar setups to real cars. Especially that esports guys find crazy setups in rF2 that wouldn’t work IRL.
    But as you say there are other variables like track version, track condition (dusty or rubber end) , temps etc.

Regarding F. Vee: the difference between rF2 bundle version and AMS1 is huge in therms of oversteer behavior. IIRC rf2 version was created later than AMS1 so I guess it should have later spec not older. I get that iRacing version is newer , but is completely different and much easier to race, especially a way less oversteer prone.

16. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Talking of older content in general, I'd love to see these little beasties get updated! Great for small track close racing, and would make good free S397 content to use in Daily races on the RC system!

pkelly likes this.
  17. Akon Michi

Akon Michi Registered

Is this forum about the DLC or what am I missing? This looks like a complain and request channel, clearly no happy rF2 users these days :confused: I wonder if Renato read all this nonsense what he will think of some people. :p

vava74, Emery and Mauro like this.
  18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I don't think he will overestimate that.
    At the end of the day, we SimRacers all have a bang somewhere!
    One positive, the other negative.
    But yes, we should stick to the topic.
    I'm really looking forward to the update.

19. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I think we are all happy for any quality content in rFactor2, simply cause it tastes more delicious than the others sim.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

One or some of the Reiza cars are the only time I've seen different behaviour :oops:

Rui Santos likes this.