Released Reiza Pack Out Now!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 28, 2019.

1. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

I’ve long been waiting for this update, have enjoyed a lot the Reiza pack and the f.vee is one of my favorite’s to the point I’ll be doing the backup to have the old version available after the update.
    As much i like ams2 (I’m part of the padlock club) I prefer a lap in rfacto2 over ams2, as many say any quality DLC in rfactor2 is welcomed and would definitely but anything else raids may want to release in the sim; even if it’s already available in ams2

Rui Santos and memoNo1 like this.
  2. Rastas

Rastas Registered

I have drive one,also an M3 E30 DTM spec,and i have a W2O1 chassis,they all use the same suspension geometry,the DTM version is basicly the street version whit some mods in the engine,suspension and others few bits.My W201 as coils from the W124 E500 and Bilstein B8 dampers.

gagipro, memoNo1 and avenger82 like this.
  3. Adolfo Bisi

Adolfo Bisi Registered

You're not wrong thinking that. The setups I used were not the fastest for the track, they were just a copy of what teams use. If you go for laptime the setups gets crazy and the car behaviour changes a lot.
    To extend the subject, a few examples of what I compared:
    -suspension dive during braking and cornering
    -suspension speed
    -yaw ratio response at certain speed and steering input
    -throttle and brake modulation
    rF2 even outputs a channel for real time camber, which we don't have in real cars but we can calculate it, and the values are similar meaning that suspension geometry is correct.

When I said rF2 had an older model, I was comparing to the one in AMS2.
    AMS1 has the same model as we have today in rF2. I'm not sure about the oversteer behaviour, maybe they have a different default setup.
    As reference, I'm familiar with 3 models of F.Vee.
    Naja Vee old with VW 1600cc boxer engine and beetle 4 speed gearbox (this version is used in AMS1 and rF2 today)
    Naja Vee with upgraded engine, uses the EA111 platform but were still using the beetle gearbox. This and the old version had swing axle rear suspension which brings unwanted changes to the camber angle during cornering. (used in AMS2 today and future rF2 update)
    Naja FD01D which is the only model racing in Brazil today. Engine is still the EA111 but now is bolted to a 5 speed VW gol 1.0L gearbox, which brings the advantage of having a CVJ driveshaft allowing the car to use a double wishbone rear suspension, giving this model much better rear stability. (this model is not being used by any game today).

4. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

see you next year for a possible Reiza update release announce ;)

8Ball, gagipro, JEmilio and 3 others like this.
  5. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

WEC-FIA licence rF2 have not :p

[​IMG]

6. svictor

svictor Registered

The "cockpit shaking" issue mentioned in ealier posts is indeed caused by low OrientationRate value in LocalCam=COCKPIT in cam file.

For those troubled by the cockpit shaking issue, here is how to manually fix shaking camera (using Formula Vee as example):

Since DLC cars are encrypted, it is not possible to edit DLC car camera file. A substitute camera file is needed, such as skipbarber from DevMode example.

First is to find camera file name, this can be done by looking at VEH file from car skin livery files:
    1. In rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\FVee_2018\1.07 folder, using MAS2 to open FVee_TEAMS.mas file (this is car skin livery file and is not encrypted).
    2. Find any file that has .VEH file extension, and extract one of them to any folder.
    3. Open .VEH file with notepad, then find a line says Cameras, in this case the file name is FVee_cam.cam, and remember this file name.

Next is to copy a substitute camera file and rename it, such as skipbarber's camera file from devmode:
    1. In rFactor 2\ModDev\Vehicles\SkipBarber folder, copy SkipBarber.cam to a new location.
    2. Rename SkipBarber.cam to the name that matches DLC's car camera file name, in this case would be FVee_cam.cam.
    Note, if using other vehicle mod's camera file, make sure the OrientationRate values are large enough in LocalCam=COCKPIT section in .cam file.

Finally, package this new camera file into .MAS and create a new mod upgrade patch:
    1. Open MAS2, put FVee_cam.cam in into it, and save as a new MAS file. (or put cam file into existing skin livery mas file)
    2. Use "Create Single Cmp Package" to create a new component package. In this case:
    - "Component name" should be FVee_2018
    - "Version" can be anything that not conflict with existing one
    - "Type" is Vehicle
    - If it's cam fix only mas, "update from" value should be set to match skin livery package version, which is 1.07 in this case. If creating a full skin package with the new cam fix, then it would be the base vehicle version, which is 1.06 in this case.
    3. Once fields all set, add mas file, and hit "package" button, wait it to finish. Then click "Install" button to install the cam patch. And now cockpit camera will no longer be shaking or swaying around while driving.

Attached Files:

7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Thanks but too much complicated for a paid products.
    Reiza have to update themselves.

edit : can donate to a modder for doing the mod itself with a .rfcmp, I don't want to donate more to Reiza, they had 5 years to fix the issue, and nothing, I don't want to spend more than 2 seconds to use correctly this paid DLC.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
  8. vava74

vava74 Registered

@RSimioni
    Oi Renato, congrats for the newborn, hope that all is OK with both Child and Mother!
    I hope that you don't mind, but we are also pregnant of expectation to have the updated Reiza Pack out in the wild...
    Will you be a good Obstetrician and finally deliver us those babies?

9. Caio Fonseca

Caio Fonseca Registered

Does the launch really depend on Reiza or some authorization from S397?

10. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

All I ever heard is the progress not which sim Imola is going in.
    Makes no sense to me to put new Imola in rF2, you want people to buy LMU.
    Besides I would think they would want to wait till at least LMU 2024 is out.
    Will they have to rename or reskin ? can't slap WEC track in rF2 right ?

11. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Which launch? It's an update.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This is a thread on the rF2 forum, about the rF2 Reiza pack. What isn't clear?

Imola, and I'm assuming this is still licensed content, is a track. A separate game with a WEC theme doesn't make any other licenses for that track invalid, right?

13. vava74

vava74 Registered

If you read above, I believe that Renato wanted to speak with someone from S397 and he got here the contacts he needed for that, but shortly after his child was born.
    But at this rhythm the child will shave and smoke before we get the updated content :D:D:D

gagipro, pkelly, JoeP1 and 1 other person like this.
  14. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

Never meant to suggest invalid.
    Just for mine releasing rF2 DLC anytime before LMU imola takes the shine off WEC licence is what I was meaning.
    You would think money being the priority MSG will take their queue off sales analysts.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I was referring to your rename/reskin question.

I think the Reiza Imola, reskinned etc, will bear no relation to an LMU Imola done later. Different content, different game, different author.

Rui Santos likes this.
  16. Caio Fonseca

Caio Fonseca Registered

Yes, I read it, that's why I asked the question. People are demanding Reiza without knowing for sure whether the release of updated content depends solely on her.

17. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Read their comments. They are the ones who have to push the update, either through Steam directly or S397.

vava74 likes this.
  18. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

Of course otherwise you would be paying twice for the same thing.

Oh wait ...

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What was your problem again?

pkelly and vava74 like this.
  20. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

The Imola from Reiza is not laser-scanned, the one from LMU is. That's it. :rolleyes:

mesfigas likes this.