Prepping for the open beta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buzard

buzard Registered

Some people who tried C.A.R.S. had their money refunded and were kicked out of the program. Comments like "how can they release a sim with graphics this bad..." they don't understand WIP. I'll try to get rf2 the first day, but I do expect bugs and problems. That is what a beta test is for. The thing I like about rf2nd C.A.R.S. is that it gives the companies some $$$$$ up front to keep development going up front.

I wonder who will be the first to accidently find a way to crash a server?

2. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk Registered

Didn't the admins say that they are looking to release it early January already and that there's no chance of a holiday release? Which basically means first two weeks of January

3. D!2T

D!2T Registered

I may have missed it so please point me to this specific mention of a January release by an admin..

4. thuGG

thuGG Registered

D!2T
    After the holidays, which is said to include New Year. Glad to help. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011
  5. D!2T

D!2T Registered

I've looked believe me and all I see is comments along the lines of 'soon', I simply asked someone to point me to where an admin mentioned this and since you've failed to I can assume that I haven't missed an official mention of this...

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Actually we all know when the release date is but we're not telling you. We all received PM's from Tim. Tim did mention in the PM to not tell any Aussie anything, so don't take it personal. Sorry dude. :(

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hang on a minute... lol

8. D!2T

D!2T Registered

Always the same clowns posting responses and no one official, that was pretty funny though I admit..

Still waiting for that link to official mention of jan release... Probably because there isn't any.

9. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Of course there isn't any, as CdnRacer said, we all received PM from Tim.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Your problem, D!2T, is that you're looking for a specific date or an absolute answer. No one from ISI is going to say "it's definitely going to be in early January", because it's not yet confirmed ready and until it is they don't know for sure it is (!). This is a whole concept a lot of people aren't grasping - there isn't an rF2 Beta ready to go, with a release date set internally and they're just refusing to tell us.

Take a look here:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1382-It-s-been-a-while...?p=20134&viewfull=1#post20134

If (if) the RC being tested right now has no problems crop up... we'll get it pretty much as soon as they get back from holidays. If there is an issue, it'll take longer.

This is why I said the beta is 'imminent' - bearing in mind 'imminent' always needs a context to make any sense, we're just waiting on confirmation the beta is solid. The content is set (heck, most of us have already downloaded it), so as soon as they know the .EXEs are ready to go we'll be able to get them.

If you missed this whole thing I can sort of understand your confusion about the 'pre-order' (which doesn't exist) process, and why we're all excited when 'all' we got was beta files we can't open.

Hopefully it makes a little more sense now?

11. D!2T

D!2T Registered

I never thought I'd say this to you but thankyou Lazza , the posts by Scott Juliano have made it a lot clearer where the beta is at.. Shouldn't be long now then it seems/I hope..

+ 1 Reputation bonus, to make back for those reports I made, jk :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011
  12. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

That's purely because he told the Aussies first and didn't want the 'Englanders' to know they'd been pushed back to second on his favourites list.....our reply of "We already know that" tends to let the cat out of the bag :D

13. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk Registered

What about the Chinese such as myself?! :p

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hate to break it to you... and ruin the joke, though it's all getting a bit long in the tooth anyway... but I'd bet my left one Cdn is Canadian. The 'English' under his avatar is next to "Language" :eek:

15. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

LOL....that'll teach me to read the forum after a 12 hour shift and 5 hours sleep :)

16. brook

brook Registered

Tim give us a gift to all of us who are waiting you could of course, I dont think you can weigh the work of the staff now if something is not working. I believe that these holyday we might very well have to settle for the open beta as well as is.
    Tim, let us a gift!!!

P.S. ---- and sorry for my english!!!

17. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

One... last... time... (and without having read back through everything to see if other similar responses have been made ;) )

We plan on releasing the current Release Candidate that is in testing after the holidays unless something is found in testing that prevents it, or we feel we MUST add a last minute feature that just can NOT wait for a later beta update. I can not give a date, hour, minute, second answer--I don't have one. But "early January" would be a fairly safe assumption as long as the following criteria are met:

1) Testing shows there's nothing terribly broken in the current Beta Release Candidate
    2) Nothing unexpected crops up with the commerce system
    3) No last minute, mandatory, additions are added, thus requiring another build and testing of that build
    4) Gjon says "Go"

That is an official an answer as I can give. We will know better after everyone is back in the office after the holidays (and you wonder why we didn't want to release BEFORE the holidays and then break for vacation--look up and all over the forum :) ) and see what testing has found.

Edit: If we can't release we'll let you know. If we can, OBVIOUSLY you'll know. In either case, you'll know... And with that, Happy New Year everyone :)

18. brook

brook Registered

thank you, your answer is a gift for me!

19. Hoschi

Hoschi Registered

Wow,

nice to hear that ;). i cross the fingers and hope for a good testing phase!

20. Tripp

Tripp Registered

"Some people who tried C.A.R.S. had their money refunded and were kicked out of the program"

Ha ha yea this is just one thing why gamemakers not shall allow people to be involved in doing games it always end up bad.

Let us just be cool and wait for this game to be official let us discuss something other until rfactor 2 is out

so boring see rss and how much updates post is here and it always is rumours and strange questions about rfactor 2 when it is not even out.

my private opinion only

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.