Prepping for the open beta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plebre

Plebre Registered

You guys are at vacations? Unbelievable! :rolleyes:

2. D!2T

D!2T Registered

Thankyou very much Scott, we now have a very honest official official response so that's great and it will stop people from coming here everyday and being frustrated. Happy New Year to you and all too :)

3. Stephane Rouault

Stephane Rouault Registered

Hey All,

I have a question you might be able to answer. Will I be able to create plugins for the beta version of rF2? For rF1 i've created some plugins to extract live timing data from the game, will I be able to do this in the beta?

4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

They have stated you will be able to create mods for the beta, so I would assume plugins would be ok as well.

5. shum94

shum94 Registered

Question is : did you work this week 26-30 december ?
    Every statement seem to indicate that you will start test and search for bugs january 02 then release it when it's bug free one week after or so.

6. D!2T

D!2T Registered

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but is there any word on what the licensed 1966 F1 car is, is it the Lotus 49?

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I think that's the wrong question.

Just because the ISI employees are on holiday does not mean the closed beta testers are not still testing. I think you are assuming that the closed beta testers are ISI employees. I assume they are not.

8. Valbuena72

Valbuena72 Registered

Do you know if the tool "dedicated server" will be available in beta ?
    Thank you for the answers

9. Gonza116

Gonza116 Registered

I can´t understand one thing. In some forums I read the open beta is only for the people that buy it. I thinked it´s for everyone. Will can I download it if I don´t buy it?
    Other thing: I´ve got mirrors for the torrents in MuegaUpload. If someone wants it, send me a Private Message.
    Sorry for my bad English, I´m Spanish and I´m learning it now... ._."

10. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

The beta is only available when you buy 'the game'. So the beta is available if you pay the full price of the game. That means that after the beta you get the complete game without paying extra off course, and instead of 12 months access to the matchmaker (online racing) you get 18 months access (but the time will start running during beta, so when the beta is over you PROBABLY will have about 12 months left of it)

11. Gonza116

Gonza116 Registered

So I can´t try the game if I don´t buy the game... Generally it´s the oposite, no? I try the beta (or the demo) and, if I like it, I buy the game.

12. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

For the last time ( :) ): yes, the open-beta will include the dedicated server.

And yes, any rF2 demo will most likely be similar to the one we had for rF1 (I can only imagine it will again be a free time-limited version), which is planned to be available after the initial Gold release. The open-beta is not a demo though, nor is it a full-on finished preview of the Gold release.

13. Brycevr

Brycevr Registered

The Lotus 49 didn't debut until the Dutch GP, June 4 1967.
    In 1967 they ran either an updated 33 (Monaco) or the impossible 48 with the H16 BRM engine and a space frame version of the 49 chassis.
    But YEH!!! I'm dying for an accurate 49 and Gurney Eagle.

14. Vincenzo Carlesimo

Vincenzo Carlesimo Registered

We're waiting for long time for this beta, but i think it's better waiting more. I don't want to play the beta and read message like "Error, rFactor will be closed" or "Runtime Visual C++ Error", so we should waiting until the software will be stable or at least with many bugs fixed so we could start to enjoy rfactor 2. That's my opinion!

Maintime we could go on playing in rfactor 1 :)

Have a nice holidays everyone, and a Happy New Year!

15. thuGG

thuGG Registered

@Vincenzo Carlesimo

It's not like they are not testing it. They are testing it in closed beta stage since September (or so), so by now they should eliminate all the major problems.

16. Brycevr

Brycevr Registered

This is not a DEMO it is a BETA version of a yet to be released game intended for those with experience in RF1 and other sims in order to refine and consolidate what is to be done for the final release version.

Almost everyone who tries the BETA is someone who would buy the release outright and as such don't want a demo but as much content as possible from which to develop and comment to improve the final version.
    If you need a demo try the RF1 demo and then decide if RF is for you. BETA version ARE NOT intended for newbies.

17. Vincenzo Carlesimo

Yes, but if they wait again to release may be some problems aren't solved yet. So i prefer waiting than have a software that don't working perfectly. I don't think that do something quickly is the best option, the "testing phase" is long at least sixth month, i'm a developper programmer so i know that. Problems could happens when you think is all right!

Unfortunately i'm no so good in programming, otherwise i'd like to offer my help to Isi :D

18. shum94

shum94 Registered

I guess when they find a bug, they fix it themselves.

19. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Then you should wait for final release, not the beta.
    Beta means that most likekly some problems will occur, beta usually is to find those problems and fix it. Therefore I would prefer to get the beta sooner and experience some problems than to wait another weeks, months, just so they can polish it.

This is beta, problems will happen, I know that, give it to me;)

20. Vincenzo Carlesimo

Sure, but if they release now the game will have more bugs than waiting two weeks. In two weeks they could fix some important bugs! My opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.