Prepping for the open beta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

I would completely doubt this is a big marketing decision. Fact is once guys hand over money rather than an enthusiast group who claim they could deal with a few bugs, a vitriolic crowd develops demanding blood and questioning what they were thinking releasing this and were the testers high on drugs.

Some of us will remember the rFactor pre order and claims of a rip off amongst conspiracy theories that ISI had jetted off to the caribbean with our hard earned cash. A delay in software? That will be a first.

You would think that those who visit here looking for a beta would all be genuine enthusiasts but some people want to play the customer is king card the moment it suits them.

Though it pains me to say it, I agree with CDNRacer on this one ;)

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Actually, no. If just mod groups took part in the beta, that would be exactly what we need. That's who the test is for initially, but we also don't want to limit those who may wish to get in early, either. And that's what you're doing: Getting in and purchasing BEFORE the actual product release.

But you are correct, it's only a beta. Therefore, there is no release date, as there is no 'product' finished to launch or release. We're not marketing a product, we're testing one. There's a beta to test, and we'll OPEN that test when we are ready to do so. No matter how many posts, threads and other types of communication are made about doing it sooner.

I will relax on closing threads after the release, right now I'm really trying to keep our sanity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.