Prepping for the open beta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Can you explain how ISI is being unfair?

It seems to me, posts like this are unfair to ISI. Asking the ISI team to work through the holidays just because you can't wait a little longer is unfair and selfish.

They worked hard and deserve holiday time with their families.

They have released all the files for the beta except the .exe and said they will release after new years. And if you don't like the beta, they even offer a refund.

Nobody from ISI ever promised 2011 release.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2011
  2. coops

coops Banned

you get the game cheaper than RF and FREE subscription for 18 months and a lot of you still complaining gjon take the 18 months back and make them PAY FOR IT. and dont release a life time membership.

THERE IS A LOT OF UNGRATEFUL PEOPLE ON HERE.:mad:

3. zloca

zloca Registered

If SMS can give to they community per week updates,its very hard to understand this ISI behavior,
    no one wants whole game,but beta with few tracks and cars is not big task for ISI i think,and it would be enough for fans untill game release
    If ISI have 5-6 people who work on this game then i can understand this delays,but if team have more than 15 people that is unfair,
    to keep people on the stove

4. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Well, you pay for it. It is already included in rF 2 price and that's perfectly normal.

5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

You seem to not understand the reason for delay until after the holidays, so I will try to explain...

They are running their own payment system and there are bound to be problems people have with payment and problems with beta itself.

If they release before Christmas, that means the employees don't get time off to be with their families. They have to be here answering questions and solving problems.

That is unfair to all the people who work hard on this game. They deserve time off to be with family during holidays.

So they decide to wait until after holiday. Understand?

6. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

besides, I do doubt if ISI actually has more then 15 people working on the game. Not sure though!

7. D!2T

D!2T Registered

So if I have read your comment above correctly, once it's released you expect their attitude on here to change all of a sudden and for them to be more cummunity (us) involved and for them to be answering questions straight away, I highly doubt it.

And having said that, not every single computer user needs their hand held to launch and evaluate software. A lot do sure, but the same amount do not.

8. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

In my opinion the function of the beta is for the community to test (part of) the product to help ISI improve it. It's not about wether we need our hands held or not, it's about giving feedback to ISI, so that they know what they are doing right, but more importantly what is not completly right yet.

Assuming what I just said is correct, then it would be strange to give us the beta, and then dissapear so they can't get the feedback they want right away. That means that when they come back, all of the forum would PROBABLY (you can never be sure beforehand off course) a big mess, with lots of feedback and/or complaints spread all over the place!!!!!

9. D!2T

D!2T Registered

Congratulation Captain Obvious! Though this is most people's understanding of the function of any 'beta'. You missed my point though.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011
  10. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

well, when reading back I guess I didn't respond to all your post :p it was just about the last sentence.

About their attitude changing (as you call it) I don't know, and no-one can. I guess we all have to wait about that. Having said that, I still trust ISI won't dissapoint me (us) with rF2 ;)

11. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

ISI should make up beta forms for us to fill out and email to ISI if we find any problems.

This would be a much cleaner way of posting problems than having a bunch of "this game sucks" posts here in the forums.

12. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I am only repeating what the Devs have posted, right here in this forum, as the reason for the delay: That they need to be here when the beta is released to answer questions and solve problems - problems with payment and beta issues. And releasing it during the holidays would not be fair to those who are in charge of answering those questions and solving those problems.

With all due respect, you don't have the best attitude about this. What I posted is not my opinion. It's what was officially stated as the reason.

Ya know, it's just a computer game. Sure we are all looking forward to it, and maybe some of us (you) are frustrated. But that's no reason to be nagative to other members of this forum. We are waiting just like you.

13. D!2T

D!2T Registered

OK, I'm sorry buddhatree and Nimugp if I hurt your feelings!?!?! and yes you're right I'm extremely frustrated as we all know it's been in development for a lonnnnng time (screenshots from over a year ago to prove this). Then we're all given incomplete beta files to 'look' at. We shall see soon (after the holidays, apparently) and hopefully I can eat my words! rFactor 1 is getting pretty old now though, and when you use it just about everyday to suffice until rFacotor2 this only builds the frustration..

14. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Just a suggestion: don't make a new game release so important that it pisses you off. Just saying. It's only a game. Have other things in your life so rF2 is not so important to your being.

Yeah I'm a sim racing fan, but it's not the most important thing in the world. Certainly not enough to get upset about.

The very fact that it's taken so long makes me happy, not angry. I know I will have a quality product with superb support.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well... no. It was clearly stated in the relevent posts that the files were made available to save a mad rush (and a delay for everyone) at beta release. Unfortunately some people didn't seem to realise this and so were disappointed when they found they couldn't do anything with them.

Mind you, I was among those hoping to 'take a look inside' and gauge some of the changes we can expect for running leagues etc, but apart from the RFM (and maybe an image, though I didn't investigate) it all looks compressed. I'm sure someone more talented could probably extract some/all of the files with some work (and it wouldn't completely surprise me if people are trying) but with the beta hopefully very close I personally can't see the point :)

It's a small point, yes; but they all add up.

16. D!2T

D!2T Registered

Guess we will just have to wait and see how imminent the rest of the 'beta' really is then.

17. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk Registered

You (and the complainers of this community actually) have never played a single Korean f2p mmo before have you... Actually scratch that, you have never played any MMO or online based multiplayer game have you? ISI is hardly doing anything wrong or inconsiderate. In fact they have representatives that actually COMMUNICATE on a regular basis with the community.

Try getting a response from GameHi about their games? Ha good luck. What about IJJI? I spent $20 on an open beta game called Genesis AD to buy a better gun and a few months later IJJI shut down the game and didn't give me a refund. I was the beta tester for Perfect world, Rohan Online, Rappelz, and Black Prophesy and we were given cash shop options without any release dates as well. In fact Rappelz was pretty much in open beta for ages (don't give me that crap about version epicIII, epicIII was barely that much of an improvement to the beta so I consider epicIII beta too). What about Nexon's Shattered Galaxy update that was a full year late and all they added were units that were so crappy no one used. I was so mad that day I actually quit SG because of that.

Honestly ISI has been professional, courteous, and willing to CONSTANTLY repeat everything to the community. You'd be lucky to find an MMO developer who would do the same. Consider yourselves lucky that rF2 isn't vaporware. Can any of you tell me when Infinity:the quest for earth or Naumachia will be released? Or how far they are in the development process? Ha good luck finding that out (i've been waiting for infinity for 3 years btw and still counting). Heck, what about Live for Speed S3? How late are they with their new tyre model (hint: 2 years and still counting). The MMO Perfect World actually censors legitimate complaints on their forum during open beta... You rF2 winners are a bunch of spoiled brats. How can the sim racing community become worse than the world of Warcraft community? Jeez.

(btw I would like to know if he safety car systems are to be improved in rF2?)

18. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

Some of you people are unbelievable.

The selfishness, stupidity, and arrogance in a growing number of posts here, and the animosity directed at ISI, is absolutely appalling.

ISI owes none of us a thing, and if the decision was made tomorrow to delay, or even (heaven forbid) pull RF2 altogether then that is well within their right to do so. Stomping your feet on the floor and demanding something, like spoiled 5 year olds, is totally out of line and uncalled for.

If your manners are anything like your racing etiquette then a large number of you will be doing the bulk of your racing in RF2 offline, because no self respecting community would have you in their servers.

Now, can we PLEASE get back on topic.....

19. Nor

Nor Registered

This discussion is completley useless, some people seems not to understand they are waiting for a beta not for a official release. I guess these guys will never give constructive feedback on that beta release.

best Regards Norbert

20. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk Registered

I'm sorry if this was answered already but can someone tell me if the safety car is improved in rF2 and the beta?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.