[REL] Porsche Cayman GT4 Manthey MR V2.01.

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frederick Alonso, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

Yesterday a lot negativity due to the only available tyre model. We can swap the old tyres on it that we made very custom (previous Cayman version) but It might be a risky bet. I have no time to test those on the new physics of the car. It can result in many LFM crashes and the question then will be if this is a safe route. If people crash a lot, they maybe hate it more. Or we do a later BOP after many track tests by good sim racers and two real pilots I work with.

Main focus was fun and online performance when we did make this update in just 10 days.

I am pretty sure the car physics are top notch, something is going on with the tyres or old model. Maybe a good time to give modders an encrypted Goodyear copy that we can implement with just a code change. It's as if some guys know how to cheat on the old tyre model and now make a joke about the mod and the RF2 engine. It's seriously wrong in my view but I get that some just want clickbait and a few likes. Nothing I or we can do about it.

Also it's easy to tweak the code and then show the car on Youtube as if it's all wrong. That is on the edge of copyright for me and I will take steps if I notice personal attacks or theft on April's code.

We only have the tools we have and we use them at maximum efforts.

Ideas?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
    leseb64, atomed and pascom like this.
  2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I've read you can use any tyre from any car, but they need to be the same size.
    Just make the same GT3/GTE size and use these tyres.

Frederick Alonso and pascom like this.
  3. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I trust you more than any negativity source. Some users hate the changes when they've got used to something. I've tried the new version and it feels good but I'm not a real pilot or even a good sim racer. I hope you can get oppinions from trusty racers.

4. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
    Frederick Alonso likes this.
  5. atomed

atomed Member

I'd keep it real, as IRL. How many tyre compounds are available in real races? Anyway, as @Bernat said, trust yourself. A lot of negativity comes from resistance to change, so it.may be the case until people gets used to the car.

6. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

he's right, the modded tyres are always craps, why not use an encrypted one ? they are so much better

7. vava74

vava74 Registered

People wanting to use the Cayman would need to own also the DLC car which would donate the tyre.
    Only the M4 Class 1 and the Stockcar 2018 have updated slicks and are public/free and neither is an adequate donor, due to tyre dimensions.

8. vava74

vava74 Registered

You can't compare tyres which are designed to be used in very short races - BTCC - with tyres that are designed to be used in Endurance races and survive double stints...

pkelly and atomed like this.
  9. vava74

vava74 Registered

Also, Fred needs a break... just look at what the last few days did to him:
    faa5a0b21d504422a523c72c67de361c.png

10. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

he looks younger than ever

11. pascom

pascom Registered

12. Reiche

Reiche Registered

Like a younger Walter Röhrl

pascom, vava74 and Frederick Alonso like this.
  13. Frederick Alonso

14. bears

bears Registered

@Frederick Alonso Fred stay strong mate, I really think people get a kick out of reporting stuff and being “experts” in the end it’s a simulation, the game the car or the track is not a perfect representation of real life I am not sure why people get so hung up on it… just enjoy it for what it is and move on

Fred you are one of the most open and enthusiastic content creators for RF2 don’t let the negativity take you over mate, you have great real world racers advising you and Aprils physics is top shelf. To the critics just politely nod and wave then get back to making the great content you have been… RF2 needs you ;-)

leseb64, pkelly, Bernat and 5 others like this.
  15. Frederick Alonso

I know buddy, you know me ;)

I want to learn those complainers a lesson soon. :cool:
    We are now testing two candidates and with a bit of luck we can have a better model in coming weeks to hold down the grip above 120°C. Got some good info from a real pilot helping us out and two good sim racers that are insane fast in the car.

Using the official tires was not a good idea, we had a good brainstorm about it.
    This afternoon me or Danny will compile two test cars and then wait on the feedback (non public releases)...

Yesterday I tried them myself but my driving skills don't count in this tyre debate. My results on my favorite track (I can almost drive it blind) made me 5 sec slower on track or it was a tyrewall I would face.

To be continued.

leseb64, memoNo1, vava74 and 5 others like this.
  16. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Oh, wait... hold down the grip above 120ºC? How come? Is that realistic Frederick?

memoNo1 likes this.
  17. Frederick Alonso

I wrote the way the pilot described it. The grip should be hold down a lot (meaning less grip the higher the temps go from that point on the tyres), if I would wrote the grip should be increased up a lot that would be even worse then what we had.

He could drive them on 180°C before the edge of grip was coming in compared to real life experience. This was a tyre bug we think. The good thing about this topic is that he also gave the ideal tyre temps and knows the grip at that level like no sim racer does.

leseb64, memoNo1, davehenrie and 6 others like this.
  18. Frederick Alonso

[​IMG]

Daaaamn, thanks German Iakovlev!

A fight under sparks for the win :cool::cool::cool:

haunetal1990, vava74, Reiche and 2 others like this.
  19. Nicolas Cortes

Nicolas Cortes Registered

Is simple. The car is fun, not too difficult to drive, generates good close races. How cares if it is 90% or 99% accurate to the actual one ?

We only need the Supra and some others to complete a roster. Thanks to Frederick and the team for providing the car and thanks to LFM for the competition system. Best news we have in RF2 for a long while.

20. Frederick Alonso

Thanks mate, meanwhile I have even better news :cool: