[REL] Porsche Cayman GT4 Manthey MR V2.01.

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frederick Alonso, Oct 8, 2021.

1. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Congrats for the onboard roll bar cam, great attention to details, uncommon for rf2 standards.

The interior is very well done.

2. Owen Pyrah

Owen Pyrah Registered

Like many, I've just started to return to rF2 thanks to LFM. The Cayman is the car I've picked for the rookie series. You subscribe to a mod car and don't expect too much, but I am really impressed with this one. I didn't know where it had come from before seeing this thread and it has been great to see passionate level of detail that went into building it. Thanks

3. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Most of the mod... or even 'official' content for that matter...
    ... I give it a try... and uninstall...
    ... this one I kept.

Looking foward what you come up next.
    Thanks for sharing... both the progress and the 'final' result.

4. Owen Pyrah

Owen Pyrah Registered

You should join us racing it in LFM: https://lowfuelmotorsport.com/seasonsv2/rf2-rookie-s9/upcoming

Kahel and vava74 like this.
  5. Kahel

Kahel Registered

I've done some races with the Cayman... here some feedback.

- Cars is a lot of fun even more so during racing... same as the first impression I had.
    - Very nice job on the liveries... so many... for any taste... and very well done. (I think I noticed one with weird lightning)
    - The dashboard doesn't look bad when zooming out on a single screen with default FOV... but for those who use 'correct' fov on a triple screen... we can get very close to the dashboard... and could use an higher resolution... for the big gear indicator.
    - The FFB is very informative... even more so that S397 content... it's a plus on my book... it make sense and give me what I need.
    - On the physic side itself... I would slightly make the car less stable, just a notch... even with TC and ABS off... the car still seem a bit too stable... if you compare to S397 content for example... Porsche cup or GT3... if you are to aggressive you're able to make the car oversteer and spin 'easily'... with the Cayman... it's possible but very hard... a bit too hard imo... I wouldn't change the physic drastically... just a slight touch less stable without driving aids... and let people choose the level of stability by cranking up TC and ABS.
    - I also noticed that the virtual wheel doesn't follow my movement... I double check and it seem to be a specific issue to the Cayman... also check other... on twich... they had the same issue... don't know if it's a know issue.

The point above are just thing that I noticed using the Cayman... just in case it come up this way... not even suggesting anything need to be change... just sharing some thought/observation using it.

At the end of the day... it's great car as far as i'm concerned... maybe not perfect... but made me want to race again... after a long pause simracing... so even if it never get updated again... I'll probably keep enjoying it on track... for year to come... so thank again for sharing.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
    Frederick Alonso likes this.
  6. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

First of all, today we reached
    [​IMG]

Also in a 26 hour run from 3D to game I have the dash done aside of few minor details like Porsche logo that is missing and a knob at ABS. ;)

New modelled dashboard, fresh shader tricks and new physics with better tires and BOP are coming very soon. Started to OBS record the AO baking and how I use it in my shaders.
    Full WIP is visible here from scratch: Discord

For those waiting, thanks for understanding and supporting. It's what kept me going.
    It took me longer then I wanted but I had too much work with other NDA work.
    I kept my promise, same for Fuji. @lemming77 aka April did amazing work again on the physics side. Together with GEM we where able to get some 'Aliens' on it to press the lemon out. Based on them we got new BOP for Cayman and Supra + future GT4's.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
  7. Matthew Overton

Matthew Overton Registered

New BoP? When will that be effective for the two cars?

8. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

I do my best to wrap it up asap. First the Cayman mod will get an update on steam followed directly after with the BOP pack

pkelly, makan, Corgan and 5 others like this.
  9. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

is there any MOZA DD wheel owner here? I just have very very light FFB feel on my R9 and cant find any tuning in Pithouse that would make the car pleasant to drive.
    thanks in advance

10. vava74

vava74 Registered

Perhaps you have had the Moza R9 not working to its 100% potential since day 1:

The profiles for the Moza R9 in the "Controllers" folder a while back, when I bought my R9 were all wrong, as they mentioned the maximum torque output of 16Nm (corresponding to Moza R16's) and, as well, came by default with the in-game maximum FFB effects at -4000 (-40%), instead of -10000 (-100%).
    So, check what your controller.json file, which I believe is inside the Userdata folder as a loose file sitting alongside the player.json which has the other ingame parameters stored.
    So, open the controller.json file with Notepad or Notepad++ and look for those two two parameters, which could be wrong, due to rFactor 2 taking the from those preset profiles in the Controller folder.
    ie. to be clear:

maximum torque: change it to 9Nm
    maximum FFB effects: change it to -10000

Now, in the Pithouse menu, stick with S397's recommended settings shown here:

https://docs.studio-397.com/users-guide/wheel-and-pedal-guides/moza-racing

Fun fact: S397 made a very nice guide on their recommended setting and then shat the bed when placing the presets for the R9 and the R21 in the game, with all 3, R9, R16 and R21 having the R16 maximum torque of 16Nm...

This caused a number of cars to feel numb and uncommunicative...

As a fall back alternative solution, just ramp up, instead lowering, the car specific FFB...

11. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

thanks for the detailed feedback

I will look into the json files if I find discrepancy.

Just to be clear, I have several profiles in MOZA Pithouse that I pick up from Sim to Sim or even inside same Sim with some specific cars I am not satisfied with the FFB

I have a generic RF2 FFB profile for example, I am considering to use the FFB curve tweaking as i did with a couple of cars in AMS2 and ACC for example

Maybe the CAYMAN needs some camber tuning possibility...

12. vava74

vava74 Registered

For rF2 I simply remove all and any interference from the wheelbase software and let it interpret the FFB signal 100% pure.

13. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Ok thanks

don’t want to interfere with this thread so I will contact you separately to completely understand your pit house settings