Honda NSX by ISI

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by SulacoEEV, Dec 18, 2022.

1. SulacoEEV

SulacoEEV Registered

Hi here,

I need clairvance about one car : Honda NSX(with NSX-R).
    You dont know about this car : Heel-Toe, manual traction control, beautiful design

The NSX and NSX-R are available in the steamworkshop builded by the Image Space Incorporated. The last update was in 2017.

rFactor 2 pass from ISI to Studio397, so who can update this car (example tire model)?
    It's simple to update tire model version for this car?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

S397 has previously stated, under the old management team, that they would not be updating the original ISI content. Since I'm assuming the car is encrypted, it would take someone with enough experience to build an upgrade.ini file that would allow a new tire. Then creating a new tire that closely matched the original tire would be a laborious process.

3. SulacoEEV

SulacoEEV Registered

Oh I see.
    At one point, his tire model was good (with data retrieved by the ISI team)
    Can we say that the honda NSX tire model is still valid (corresponding to the real tire of the time in 2017) or that the rfactor 2 updates have made the 2017 tire model completely aberrant?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There shouldn't be any change to the old tyre behaviour. The more recent changes do give better behaviour, so that'll be missing, but they are as they were.

5. gianluca

gianluca Registered

It can be done.
    The other road car in game, the Corvette, received a graphical update by a modder, in the workshop. He did also the NSX, but lost the files.

Modders can simply replace the tire file with the tires of another car in game. You can even add a set of slicks to the car. They can pick a set of tires with similar dimensions and adapt them using the rfactor 2 modding tools. Then make a new rfcmp package.
    The most difficult part of the process would be to pack this as an upgrade available in the workshop.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
    vava74 likes this.
  6. Corti

Corti Registered

Version 1.0 has the .mas without encrypting files
    These are the TGM used in this version:
    B_205-50 R15x6.5
    B_215-45 R16x7
    B_245-40 R17x8.5
    B_225-50 R16x8

vava74, Emery, pkelly and 1 other person like this.
  7. vava74

vava74 Registered

The NSX has street tyres, so I would imagine that any update to newer tyres would be limited by this factor.
    Perhaps the Caterham would be a good donor car, though.

8. gianluca

gianluca Registered

The Caterham files are encrypted.
    The only tires that can be used are the Dry and Wet slicks of the cars from ISI: Nissan, Camaro, Honda BTCC, Formulas. Or one can use the tires from the Enduracer GTs.
    But, see, this is the reason why in another thread weeks ago I asked S397 to give the modders a set of tires from the Cat and the Mini: these would be of great help making mods that use similar tires (for dimensions and characteristics).
    They don't want to update the old cars? Fine, but at least help the modders a bit: create some new set of tires, included road tires, and share them with the community.

By the way, the NSX, even if old, is one of the best handling car in game. ;)

9. Emery

Emery Registered

As I recall, you might also look to the Palatov D4 for tires made with info from Hoosier.

gianluca likes this.
  10. vava74

vava74 Registered

You can use encrypted tyres on other cars with the .mas file of the donor car on the upgrade package, using the upgrade.ini to make reference to the TBC of the donor car. However, tyre dimensions must match.
    I drove the McLaren 720 GT3 with the GTE tyres and re-arranged aero to make it believable (and it is).

pascom, gianluca and Denis Takistani like this.
  11. SulacoEEV

SulacoEEV Registered

so if I understand correctly, just find a car with the same tire size (if possible with the latest tire update or the most recent possible) and link them (via the upgrade.ini file to the files of the donor car).

Sounds simple (I don't know the whole process).

12. vava74

vava74 Registered

This is my understanding of how the process works. But perhaps more experienced users/modders could chime in...