Pocoyo Park by Spaskis

Discussion in 'Locations' started by SPASKIS, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

You should NOT run the mod manager directly, only through the Launcher. I think ISI already confirmed that this will be fixed in the future (so you won't be able to run it directly at all, probably the same as if you try to run the update exe directly you get some message that you need to use the Launcher).

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Cheers

I can't even find that mod interface thing (as on the video ) the yellow icon with a 2 on it, where s it?

3. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

In your <rF2 Data folder>\Support\Tools\MAS2.exe

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I only use modmgr.exe only in a separate directory that I use for testing my mods and tracks. I know what I am doing and by the way, I am using the structure ISI recommended in the version of Packaging Tutorial pdf in the version available when I read it. I don't know how is it now since I checked that the pdf had been updated later. In that tutorial, it placed both modmgr and mas2 in a separate folder.

Editted: Here is the capture of the official update of the pdf and it still appears as I have explained.
    View attachment 5270

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
  5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Cheers abriel,

Thanks for all your help

6. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

I'm not too sure that we're all talking about the same button.

The mas2.exe is for opening up mas files and for making vMODs. (I'm sure it does other things that I'm not aware of it doing, I'm on a "need to know" basis.)

The "modmanager.exe" file has a yellow button... but that's all it shares with mas2.exe.

F.Y.I., that modmanager.exe button is the only way I've ever used to install/un-install mods from my server.

Hope this helps,

Bryan

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I uninstalled all the version trough "manage mods" and then only installed version 1.04. Now I can choose version 1.04 in game. I think I have the right loading screen also ( cartoon animals and all :D).

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Please find attached version 1.05 with pocoyo characters at the different turns. Kids of simracers, enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
  9. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

LOL Cool spectators ;)

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Hi everybody,

I have detected where the "seashell" problem was. The scaling of asphalt_mult and asphalt_spec textures was incorrect. I have been performing some tests to get the right configuration and I am pretty sure that for the next release the problem will be solved. I need to make some more tests to see how the scaling of the materials is affected when I change panel length, road width and other parameters of the road definition within BTB. I also need to do the same job for the remaining materials I intend to use within road cross sections (grass to road transition, pitlane, road sides,...). Hopefully I will release a new version soon with this and other improvements.

1 person likes this.
  11. canastos

canastos Registered

Great!; take your time and we will test when it's ready :)

byyyyyyyyye

12. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Spaskis, very much appreciate your commitment to quality, wonderful layouts, creativity and also helping others.

13. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

And I really appreciate all the comments and support from you and the rest of the community. Without them I would probably had given up trying to make tracks for rf2. Thanks to Ethone, Mianiak, Mario, Vincent, Abriel, ... for the technical support (and for correcting me when I post crazy things :rolleyes:) and to knorpp, durge, Barabba, canastos, Bryan, steeve, tjc for betatesting all my tracks. To all the people I didn't mention my apologies

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Why races do not start right away after the green flag on this track?... You have to drive one lap before the race really starts...

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Delighted to read that your going to work on the track textures Spaskis. It`ll be good to see the improvements.

It`s been a pleasure to beta test your tracks as your a talented track maker and have some nice flowing tracks/sections of tracks in your work.

Keep it going. :)

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Because you have selected default in the Race Start Type within the Race Settings and the track default is Formation/standing. You can change it to whatever start type you prefer within the possible options.

17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

- race surface improved (no more seashells :-( )
    - some advertisement updated
    - road lines included (start, pit in and out, timelines, grid, pitbox)
    - some objects lowered to the ground

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
  18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Do you have any other link to version 1.06? my anti-virus blocks adfly :S

19. canastos

canastos Registered

I would disable antivirus just for five minutes; Spaskis won't hack your computer ;)

Downloading now; thanks Spaskis, my daughter really appreciates this track :D (me too)

byyyyyyyyyye

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

We hosted a 50 lap event with Nissan 370 in Pocoyo (1.05) last sunday in our community. I was quite excited about it and drove several hour preparing the event. I made the pole in the Qualy but unfortunately I got disconnected in lap 5 :-(. At least I keep the hotlap which was the fastest among the people that took part. Here it is...