Pocoyo Park by Spaskis

Discussion in 'Locations' started by SPASKIS, Dec 10, 2012.

1. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Getting better and better. Thanks for update.
    [​IMG]

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Thanks I'll try that.

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Great track! Such great stuff form Euskotracks! And my 5 year old is enjoying Pocoyo episodes! :)

4. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Thanks again for this enjoyable track.

5. canastos

canastos Registered

I guess Spaskis must have some little simracer at home too ;)
    For yours, let me suggest that all episodes are avaliable in spanish, of course first having seen them in english

About the track, tried a couple of laps with F2, and it's really nice, good flow, and really surprising when you arrive to the "Pocoyo turn" :)

byyyyyyyyyye

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You are right Canastos! I have a 4 year old boy and a 1 year old girl. I made this track especially for those simracers that have kids.
    When finished, the track will have more references to Pocoyo characters. I had already thought of naming each turn or variant with a character name. Since you already named one of them I will respect your contribution to the track and mantain its name. However, I will slightly modify the name to "Pocoyo chicane". I guess you now realize I was not pulling our leg with the name of the track!;)

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yes, great way to learn Spanish! English first then Spanish. Great idea!

8. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

This is just brilliant. Great idea and excellent work!

9. nockitsch

nockitsch Registered

Mate, i already love the track layout und the whole scenery :) Only the track feels a bit flat and lacking a bit FFB but keep up the good work. I really like it and wanted to thank you :)

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

To give an idea of how the decoration of the project will be regarding the main theme, Pocoyo, and how I will identify different turns, I have made the first object and placed it in the track. Find attached Pajarito turn:
    View attachment 5237

I will later work on Pocoyo items' textures to look nicer in the surrounding. For example Hollywood type PocoyoPark letters in the mountain are too bright and look artificial. Just in case somebody mentioned...

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You mean a more bumpy road? Can you provide me an example so that I look at the tdf of the layout and try to make some changes about it?

12. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Does BTB have a Noise Filter for the track mesh?
    In 3ds max you can put a noise filter on your track mesh. it randomly moves the vertices of the mesh individually, so you get the impression of a more realistic, uneven surface (you know, in reality nothing is really flat or even)

13. canastos

canastos Registered

Thank you again, now I understand; I'm afraid my 4 years old daughter will always ask me to brake when we arrive to the (guessing) "Elly's parabollica", or whatever ;)

byyyyyyyyyye

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I have installed all the versions of this track, but I can only choose version 1.02 in game. It also displays version 1.04 but it is empty (nothing to choose there). I know how to use "manage mods" so the problem can not be there. Versions 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 and 1.04 are all installed according to "manage mods". Why do I have such a problem?

Also the track picture for this track displays Joesville speedway (oval track) and I think the loading screen is also wrong :s

What is happening?

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I don't know why, but you need to uninstall older versions before installing the new one. I don't know if this only happens to my circuits or to all of them. If you have already installed two versions, mod manager cannot fix it and you need to delete PocoyoPark folder from the installed/locations folder within rfactor2 data rfolder. After that install version 1.04 normally with "manage mods" in tfactor2 launcher.

Regarding the loading picture... version 1.02 didn't have its own image and was still using Joesville track standard. Since version 1.03 the track has personalized images for icons and loading screen.

16. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Using the 'All tracks and All cars' mod I too have found this.
    To run the latest versions I'm been having to make my own vMods to play them.
    Think's it more of an ISI bug then a Spaskis bug. I been meaning to report it, but have not got round to it.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

can anyone give me simple instructions on how to create a Vmod please?

for online various track / car combos

18. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

One thing that the video tutorial dose not say and I think it is quite important. Watch out for the location of the mas2.exe and modmgr.exe. When you install components with them, they will place the content in the following paths depending on the case.

MAS2.exe (when executed from its original path (rfactor2/support/tools): It will use the installed folder in the correct directory which is the rfactor data folder

MAS2.exe (when executed from a different windows folder (rfactor2/support/tools): It will use the installed folder IN THE SAME DIRECTORY WHERE THE EXCUTABLE IS.

ModMgr.exe (when executed directly from a windows folder): it will use the installed folder IN THE SAME DIRECTORY WHERE THE EXCUTABLE IS.

ModMgr.exe (when executed directly from rfactor2 launcher): it will use the installed folder in the correct directory which is the rfactor data folder.

If the installed folder does not exist, the program will create it. At the beginning I meshed up with this and ended up with 4 or five installed folders at different levels and had to reinstall rfactor2 to fix it.

This probably will better help modders rather than simple vmod creators for community online racing

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Great cheers, will have a try !