Pocoyo Park by Spaskis

Discussion in 'Locations' started by SPASKIS, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Flow of track looks wonderful! Maybe some other modders with more graphics experience could help you with that aspect? There are people who are very talented with graphics, but who don't know how to design a flowing race track and vice versa. We need to introduce these people to each other ;)

2. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thank you for this new track, very pleasant to drive.
    I noticed a trouble with the line adjacent to the track :
    View attachment 5111

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1 only problem is the variation in rubber over dark road and patches etc. but it is not a biggie.

Kyalami, Jarama, heaps of others do the same.

Surface does not worry me too much, I tend not to worry about it or you not going to shake that feeling.

All these locations will improve over time, even if the team does not I am sure they would give permissions for updates.

Starting to find picking the eyes out of things a bit long in the tooth.

Constructive ideas is okay but I would at least wait till they get to about 4th, 5th versions if most tracks in any other sims are a indication.

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I have been driving for a couple of hours with meganes and f2s and I already noticed about the side surface not being driveable. I will fix it the same as for other things I have noticed. I will probably change the camber of the right turn at the beginning of the 2nd sector (top of the track). When braking the car it trrends to go outside preventing from considering overtaking by the outside. I think regular camber will fit best. I will narrow a little bit turns 2 and 3 since they are too easy. The last part of the track is really funny, especially with the megane. I hope you like the changes I propose.

5. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Three things:

1 - Thanks for this track
    2 - I cannot download. I have chrome and click on skip add and does not download or give me another screen. Please help.
    3 - I recommend putting 1.01 in original post.

6. canastos

canastos Registered

@SPASKIS: just downloaded the track, not installed, but about the name, Pocoyo Park, are you pulling my leg? :p

@Kknorpp001: aren't you using Abriel's torrents? (I hope he is not reading this, it would break his heart :D:D;))

byyyyyyyyye

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1 lopl

Really it is only time that other sites understand they will make more from not hosting then donations.

I suggest we all donate to people that keep the torrents fresh if and when we can, let modder's give them direct to Abriel, takes all the worry and bandwidth from many.

He could put the money back into developing site with software to click and choose torrent content by little pictures. lopl :cool:

Imagine that for ALL addons GTR rF GTL now that would be cool.........and sites would save $100's

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
  8. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thanks for another track SPASKIS. Great layout. Spotted many upside down trees :), and I agree road textures could be better, but should be great when finished. Liking the castle in the middle of the track, just wish you could see it more from the track.

As for the name, well erm---> http://youtu.be/fdXwx7DS2AA?t=30s :D
    Thanks again.
    DJC

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I have been driving for a couple of hours with meganes and f2s and I already noticed about the side surface not being driveable. I will probably change the camber of the right turn at the beginning of the 2nd sector (top of the track). When braking the car it trrends to go outside preventing from considering overtaking by the outside. I think regular camber will fit best. I will narrow a little bit turns 2 and 3 since they are too easy. The last part of the track is really funny, especially with the megane. I hope you like the changes I propose.

Until those changes please find attached v1.02 that solves sideline bug and improves its texture to better match grass. Castle has no weird triangles any more. Distance signs ordered properly (sorry for that).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Doh! Lol. It's funny because I haven't fully setup new build install as been sick so only have skippy and a few tracks and torrent totally slipped my mind. Sorry Abriel!!!! Lol

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Lol

12. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Ok only had time for a few laps but here is summary:

- Nice flow
    - Like the bug where u get sucked into twightlight zone I think u should keep it but put a warning sign up lol
    - Track surface does not bother me. I even have a lamp with sea shells lol
    - Regarding early versions, keep 'me coming. I love seeing how your tracks develop.

Keep up the good work!

13. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thank you for your very quick update ! :)
    "...I will probably change the camber of the right turn at the beginning of the 2nd sector (top of the track). When braking the car it trrends to go outside preventing from considering overtaking by the outside. I think regular camber will fit best..."
    Agree with you on this point, I tried to race against Al and a few cars crash in this turn on first lap causing each time full yellow course... (Mégane Mod, AI strength 115%).

14. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

SkipBarber (regional) on Pocoyo Park = GREAT !!!

15. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

The track is a pleasure to drive... Thank you!

BB

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Please find attached v. 1.03. It starts looking like a track. Discover the changes!

17. coops

coops Banned

^ty dwnloading now

18. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thanks for another update SPASKIS.
    Indeed, spotted many changes.
    Castle gone, but now we got many big Grandstands + off track detail.
    Lol at your POCOYO loading screens, liking your humour :D. I spotted him top of one of your grandstands too.
    I do get bug odd bugs where background items appear infront of forground items. See Dunlop sign.
    View attachment 5210 .
    I get that with other tracks of your's too. odd.

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The castle was too heavy and was giving alot of graphical problems so I removed it.
    As the project advances the name will have a more clear meaning. In v. 1.04 it is easier to find him.
    I do get bug odd bugs where background items appear infront of forground items. See Dunlop sign.
    View attachment 5210 .
    I get that with other tracks of your's too. odd.[/QUOTE]
    Hopefully someone will give me a clue on this. I don't know why this happens and is really upsetting. Also I cannot figure out how to make LOD work correctly. I put LOD 4000 but objects disappear when not so far away. With BTB and rf1 it worked properly.

Please find attached a video of version 1.04. Please find attached version 1.04

1 person likes this.
  20. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

I think this has to do with the Material Offset. Get the RF2_Track_Technologyv3 pdf from here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1573-Modding-Downloads in the pdf, on page 20 under the subchapter "Material Offset Checkbox" you can read about your problem.