Pocoyo Park by Spaskis

Discussion in 'Locations' started by SPASKIS, Dec 10, 2012.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Please find attached the latest version of Pocoyo Park.

Pocoyo Park is an imaginary circuit made for the kids but where most of the times adults have fun at.
    The layout is very technical and wide and suits any type of car.
    From Euskotracks we hope you enjoy the track. Have fun out there!!!

PocoyoPark_1.82.rfcmp

View attachment 19754

Updated to v 1.82 (2018-06-16)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    chisco85 likes this.
  2. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Another nice flowing track and very nice looking pit building, Only ran about 10 laps with the Nissans and AI but all in all enjoyable and some mad drifts on the sweeping bends ;)

3. Ha3aP

Ha3aP Registered

Screen pls :rolleyes:

4. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Spaskis, I love the effort you put in to making this tracks, in potential I think great tracks, but i never drive your tracks because of the look of the tarmac. I guess other people like it because I don't see comments about it, but for me it gives me that much distraction I can't enjoy the ride. Perhaps it's my low spec computer which is to blame, but I guess not because I don't have it with other track creaters.

Hopefully you will change the way you make tarmac for my pleasure, but If everyone else likes it offcourse don't bother.

5. Mauro

Mauro Registered

6. tjc

tjc Registered

I have to say, I agree with this completely...

Very nice tracks in many ways and I`m very grateful for them and the work you put into them Spaskis but I`m afraid I`m not really a fan of the textures used for the tarmac/track surfaces.

I`d prefer the kind of textures used by feels3, VLM, lasercutter (to name but a few) and ISI themselves...

Just my opinion though.

I`ve not tried the new track yet but will. :)

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I will take into account your comments. I need to find where the peoblem is. Thx

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Thnx for looking into it! Hopefully this will make me driving your tracks in the future:)

9. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Your tracks are fun SPASKIS and I hope you continue to make them. I sure do appreciate it.

I agree on the road texture though. I commented in our league race that it looked like we were driving on sea shells. ;-)

10. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Thanks for this new track, Spaskis, good like others.

I was surprised too, the first time I used your tracks, by the road texture but it's not a big deal for me:)

11. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Spaskis,

Love the track! I actually like your textures for the pavement. Although, it seems to take longer to rubber up.

All that being said; the reason for this post is that I can't drive the track. I mean, I can drive around it but, as soon as I drop a wheel off of the track... I'm pretty much done.

There seems to be a gap between the pavement and the grass... sometimes I fall right through it, and find myself in my pit-stall.

Other than that... I just love the way it flows!

Peace, Brother!

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Hi guys,

Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate them all. As requested I provide a video for those who want to see the track. It has been recorded with version 1.01 which I provide hereafter:
    Gravel traps have their own provisional texture and most sideways have been flattened. Some cambered curves sidelanes still need to be adjusted to create a smooth surface. Castle has been corrected. AIW fastline improved. Still lot of work to do. With some patience I expect to do from this my best personal job.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
  13. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

I just drive the F2 on your track : splendid! the best car on the best track (even not finished! bugs when you leave the track and go into the grass) ; I like the layout : it's very fluid and smooth when driving on.
    Thanks for that.

14. DerKutscher

DerKutscher Registered

Also, I am impressed all your tracks. Make real mood to drive!

Only the asphalt I find creepy in all tracks. Say all with us in the group.

But as I said, the tracks, fat 1 +

greeting

DerKutscher

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I guess this thread is becoming a development diary. I don't know if people are willing to receive updates as l advance with the project or if they prefer to have a more advanced state before I release something else. I will drive my first laps tonight since Sunday. After that the layout will be definitive and the real decoration work will start. I will release at that stage a full driveable version with basic decoration but with no bugs that could affect using it both offline and online.

16. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

" I will release at that stage a full driveable version with basic decoration but with no bugs that could affect using it both offline and online."

That's good for me.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

another tip, when Beta testing tracks and releasing them dont release with version number 1.0 from the start, as many people read that as the first proper version and may expect the track to be fully finished. Pedantic I know but I've seen people argue this point many a time before!

18. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I couldn't care less what number you call it... ;-)

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

neither can I but some people are very anal about the little things ;)

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Thanks for the advice, but I did think about it before doing it and finally used 1.0. These are my arguments: It is people's decision to install whatever it falls in their hands. In my opinion what it needs to be done to avoid what you say is to avoid including such early projects in a general track downloading site, which I haven't done. I clearly advised from the beginning that the project was very raw. Another example: Croft is not still 1.0 (which will happen when rf2 turns gold, as feels3 announced) and is running on three servers right now. Should people not download it? The reason why I ALWAYS start from 1.0 is because it is much more simpler. I don't have to decide when the track turns into 1.0 which is quite subjective. I don't believe in 0.XX nomenclature. In my opinion as soon as you release the first version of anything it turns the first version.

For example, it happens the same with rfactor2 itself. At the moment it is supposed to be in beta version. Now ISI has the hot potato of deciding when does it turn gold (I would bet my money that they will wait until Kunos releases AC). However, you need to pay for the beta. I am sure after it turns alfa there still will be periodical updates. At the beginning the game was really poor but now it is a very good game with still a lot of room for improvement. So what makes the difference between beta and gold?