[REL] [Open Beta v0.9] International Formula Series 3

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 3, 2013.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thank you! Been eagerly anticipating this!

2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Thank you.

3. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thanks petros looks really nice graphics wise, but after driving it I don't feel the same about physics, the car has that horrible URD mod feel to it, mad crazy under steer where I can go full lock from left to right without coming of the track at some speed to. I will upload a video soon to show you. :)

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The default setup is understeer city, and is crazy slow. I spent ten seconds adjusting the wings and the car drove like a dream. I could easily lose the car with too much lock. So no problems at all.

They look and drive superbly! Thank you so much!

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

5. MrBiscotte

MrBiscotte Registered

Thank you for this update.

6. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I will spend some more time with it as I've not had to long just ran some laps at croft and made front roll bar 2 clicks softer and 1 click harder at the back and the under steer was there for sure, what else do you suggest I change? :)

7. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Just so everyone knows, there is no physics component in this update.

Version 0.9 has the exact same physics as the previous build 0.8.

Changelog 0.9
    *Ui/Menu pictures added.
    *Basic Suits and IFS3 series helmet added to drivers.
    *A final material run through revealed a couple of items missed, all material clashes are now removed at last.
    *Fixed flickering/blacked out Rainlight.
    *New Livery added - Phoenix Racing #09, bringing the mod to 20 vehicles.
    *All skins updated and final logos and decals added.
    *Re-balance of materials, toning them down as necessary and corrected over-shiny carbon.
    *Steering Wheel mesh and texture updated.
    *Body and Wing mesh density increased in some places to smooth out stepping.
    *various tweaks.

We did want to do a new physics update but until the tyre tool is working properly for us, there is no point. We are looking to include that in our next update subject to the tyre tool behaving.

I would help with setups but I not good with that stuff lol.

8. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

I drove both versions ( Rf2 and AC ) at Monza 1966, and it seems the AC version is a bit easier to drive, I was about 1/2 sec faster in my best lap with the AC version, also thought the sounds for AC were better. But the "feeling" was better in RF2 to me. Good job Mak Corp !!

9. philman

philman Registered

Nice news and many thanks.

10. Andregee

Andregee Registered

the tyre temperatures on the rear axle are very low but the mod ist brillant in driving behaviour, look and feel. Many thanks.

11. Eddy

Eddy Registered

You could try the medium downforce package Baked. you find them in the tuning section when choosing vehicle. I didn't try this build but imho in the 0.8 version it felt more realistic with medium package

12. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Thank you for the update :cool:

Everything. For me that is the joy of analysing the data and dialling in a good setup. If you like you could start with adjusting the front toe angle & caster angle if you want some more turn in. Remove allot of rear DF and adjust the rear toe. The rear is very stable in this mod. Ride heights & aero, camber, diff setting, dampers, weight distribution, tp & bs all play a part as well..

Have you tried loosening the rear up? I can get the heat. For me maintaining it is an issue as the drop off is quick.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
  13. Andregee

Andregee Registered

It doesn´t work on the straight where the rear tyres are cooling down to much and it could not be the target to loose grip at the rear to heaten the tyres up by more slip with more degradation.

14. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I hear you. I generally would subscribe to that however you also do need some sensible slip angle. It is early days for me on this mod and I have had to go in a direction I have not been before for with an open wheeler. It has had some positive results regarding the tyre temps however I need more time to explore as it lets me down in some other areas. Not saying the mod is wrong, what would I know, just very different and a nice challenge. Rear tyre degradation is not an issue for me as from default and also heading down my normal setup rout my data was showing allot more slip angle on the front tyres, over heating front tyres and far more front tyre degradation. I now have it more consistent however the fronts are still worse than the rears. This was at LochD with HD package.

15. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I think the balancing of the physics need to be finished. same in AC with that mod but on the front axle, the front tires doesn´t reach 30 degrees Celsius and thats really low comared to the usually 80-95 :D

16. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Great car, thanks mates!

Would appreciate if someone can upload a setup for this car as im totally noob to set it up and have no time to test! Thanks! :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The car already needed a physics update and I am sure it will get it for version 1.0. The wheels feel like they are solid and hard rubber rather than normal tires filled with air. Otherwise, it's pretty good. Let's be happy attention is still being paid to it, but honestly, may as well wait for 1.0 if you are looking for an authentic drive.

18. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Its interesting to hear some of the feedback here considering many of you were praising it pre 0.9 and now its said that it's different even though absolutely no physics changes have been made or anything that would affect physics.

As to the other feedback about authentic physics etc. The objective of the beta builds we release is to serve a couple things. First and foremost it is to serve the purpose of acquiring feedback. So many sim-racers around the world use different hardware and acquiring feedback on issues that arise for various players helps us look into evaluating how to improve it as we go alone. This does not mean v1.0 will be perfect and why anyone thinks v1.0 is considered the stable or authentic or perfected version I do not know. Through the feedback we acquire we discuss internally to evaluate what is wrong and determine what path we have to go down to make fixes in the areas we deem to be rightfully wrong as stated. Where it concerns physics, sometimes we'll have the opinion of a different way and we may stick to that, but that's our choice. What I will say however is that I see a number of people complaining about certain physic aspect yet they run off the default setup without adjusting anything. This type of feedback is the type we don't even look at twice. We understand the default setup needs to be good, but it does require player changes to be perfected for a track to track basis. You can't expect to get in the car at any track and have it run perfectly to your driving style.

We recommend players to play with the setup, see if the changes they make actually tune out the negatives they have with the vehicle behavior. If a change doesn't affect the car as it should, then report it to us, that helps us maintain a healthy list of issues that are valid for what these vehicles are intended for and we can look at working on them.

The second thing the beta builds serve is the ability to provide vehicles earlier for all of you to enjoy so that you are not waiting for a (for lack of a better term) v1.0 release which may still be bugged and be far further in release than we originally did with the beta's. We feel this system is a better way so that we can also acquire the extra feedback as stated above.

19. Andregee

Andregee Registered

To make it clear i changed a lot to make the car more oversteer, but it didn´t event enough in better rear temperatures. I had to rape the setup the really strange values to get a halfway acceptable level so that the temperatures gained up over the massive slide at the rear end but i think thats not the driving style in modern formula classes.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
  20. Maxcat

Maxcat Registered

Has the premature brake failure issue been fixed in v0.9?