[REL] [Open Beta v0.9] International Formula Series 3

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

Ditto.
    I pulled out of a series running these because of brake failures in 30 minute races. I wasnt the only one experiencing these brake failures.
    Time scale was set to normal.
    Mechanical failures were set to normal.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Well, I for one didn't say v. 1.0 would be perfect, just hopefully a credible attempt at realistic. It's clear that 0.8/0.9 has serious issues. As I mentioned, it feels pretty good to me other than the tires that feel like hard solid rubber, which makes it difficult/impossible to accurately assess the rest of the physics. I wouldn't make an overall assessment until that basic issue is fixed. If you don't plan to fix it for 1.0, that's your choice, but if not, using a standard release numbering system is a bit redundant.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Those are the folks whose feedback should be dismissed.

4. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

Has anyone been able to "send" a set up whilst online with this mod?, fantastic car by the way!!

5. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I have some feedback after appr 30 laps of testing on Med Aero BTW
    The cars look and sound fine, so well done on the eye candy.
    However sorry to say the physics are IMO needing some work. In principal the rear grip seems excessive. Over steer on or off throttle is very hard to provoke. When you run wide its always the fronts that let go. I tried Aero at 14/0 front/rear to test the aero balance in med speed corners but it was still the front that runs wide. Doesn't matter if you are on throttle or off throttle, you cant have lift off oversteer, throttle oversteer, you just cant have oversteer. This lead me to conclude that the mechanical grip is too great at the rear. I played with setup; stiffened the rear, softened the front. Set diff lock at 5% (min). Diff lock is largely superflous as the rear just stays where it belongs. It wont swap ends. I even red-lined it and dropped the clutch in 1st gear and it wont wheel spin, just bogs the engine.
    In motec the rear rubber temp are running at a cool 50 deg after 4 laps. So it led me to conclude that the rears just aren't working due to too much grip.

It detracted from what I personally enjoy -the ability to balance over steer and understeer through both mechanical and aero grip routes.

I also seemed to me to detract from the FFB as there is little happening to the rear of the car.
    The car had IMO a bit of a dead "URD" feel to it.
    I experienced similar sensations in a GT3 Porsche from RF1 that was "updated" to RF2 but the physics not fully optimised.

My personal conclusion: It could be better through a better grip balance as an introduction to open wheelers in RF2 as is its stated aim. This would mean that key skills like throttle control or counter steer are involved.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
  6. mastpalermo

mastpalermo Registered

We have organized an online race with these cars and we had the good fortune to have among us a real pilot with these cars raced for him are pretty simulative except for some small aspect that should be improved.
    Here's the video with the highlights:

7. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Mastpalermo
    That is a very nice video, well done.

At 1m14 sec 3 cars seem to have oversteer and some countersteer which amazed me! As I never managed to get oversteer despite my extreme setup.
    How did they get the rear "loose"?

Obviously its highlights and doesn't contain everything but, I noticed no wheel spin at the 2 starts and no one lost the rear end, just ran wide.

Anyway my challenge remains, drive RF1 F3 and compare / contrast.
    We really need to be able to affect the cars balance to over or under-steer with both mechanical grip balance setup changes and aero balance changes.

If, like in F1 2010 (which I played and enjoyed BTW) you can have aero maxed at the front and zero at the back plus have the suspension tuned to over-steer and still not get over steer there is a fundamental issue with the cars grip balance.
    For example in F1 2011 Codies addressed this and 2011 became a bit more at the sim end of the "simcade continuum"

There are other weird things happening with tyre temps in Motec apart from rears that run at ambient +10 deg.
    Peace to all but the grip balance is wrong.
    Its a Beta. Hope you get there.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  8. mastpalermo

mastpalermo Registered

In two races I went 3 times in spin, if it can help you I am attaching my setup, with aerodynamic configuration of medium load and Cooper tires.

View attachment 15037

9. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Does anyone have a download link for this? The official one says the downloads page would be updated in December 2014........

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Tires are off, you don't want this (at least yet). The AC version is still off too.

11. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Go back to the Home page and go for it again. I found it but not from the link given. Seems they have rearranged the site and the page the link on first post still take you there.

12. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

I have done a 2010 complete set of skins and would like to create a 2010 season ,how is it possible?This way I could upload the set for others if they want it.

13. matf1

matf1 Registered

Hey Ned, I finally had a moment to spare so here is my method. I've really not had time to proof read it, so can you let me know how you get on?
    Feel free to PM any questions mate.
    View attachment 17431

14. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4dfkip72smbijtc/FS3-10.7z Here is my 2010 complete set of the season with Prema,ArtGP,motopark,Mucke and Signature teams. 17 cars complete with driver suit and helmet.Thanks to matf1 who made the package for me .It works for me and will show in the game as "European F3 2010" with the original mod in his place and still working.Hope you like it and tell me if I upload it on other race site.Feedback welcome.
    View attachment 17763

15. Gupster

Gupster Registered

What a great car this is, Thank you MakCorp. I tried it again at Senormans Macau and this car delivers the spirit. Super combo, give it a try!

A cap of some hotlapping:

http://www.twitch.tv/gupdouglas/v/17381257

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2015
  16. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Great Car but it is awful at Oulton Park, I'm not sure if its Car or Track i get to the hairpin and the car gets stuck in the road and is launched miles high... Does not happen with any other open wheel which is where my confusion lies?

17. Gupster

Gupster Registered

I would guess there is a shelf or step on the track mesh that catches the bottom of the car. You could try raising the car and adding packers to see if it clears the problem area.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Could be the car's collision box

19. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Is it fair to assume that development has been abandoned?

20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Yeah, but you'd be told otherwise. Not surprising :)