[REL] [Open Beta v0.9] International Formula Series 3

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks, and yes, please, pay attention to the actual mod and not the waste of time discussion about telemetry--which is the term racing teams often use and other industries use as well that are older and were involved in data transfer and analysis before the magical days of the Internet and wi-fi.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Will do... :)

3. Domi

Domi Registered

When using a modern simulator, you should expect that the content is as close as the real thing as possible. If the game offers new features which from you don't have any kind of data about, then it's a guessing game.

I find it funny how people gets fooled so easily with "new features"...

4. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I tried v0.6 and must admit I wasn't a big fan as it seemed to have unrealistic levels of grip but this new 0.7 version feels miles better to me. Just had great fun lapping at Silverstone. Looking forward to see how this develops :)

5. Kev

Kev Registered

You lying. TGMs are exact same. To the last byte. Physics of this tires is absolutely same.
    Looking forward to try new tires.

Also, you really gotta reset settings for your wheel because i can confirm that on Mazda 787B FFB is ultra strong. I have CSW and seems like only forces used is no force, full force to the left and full force to the right.

edit: Or you mean real tires have little difference so you made them equal? You didn't answer to my question: was it intentional?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2013
  6. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

The TGMs are the construction of the tire which, between the coopers and dunlops are like a couple mil difference so those for the most part are the same, slight differences but almost the same. the TBC, which does still affect the player car in certain categories also give the performance of the car and those are different.

To the FFB bit, i do have ffb on this or that, but for some reason on these cars as i have said, i dont have the issue you have, but as tjc has the same wheel i'm gonna look into what he has his set as and see if i can't replicate it.

7. Ducatiguy

Ducatiguy Registered

I have a CSW and find the heavy FFB to be brilliant, one of my favs of any car.

j

8. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I think the discussion on the mazda should be not tied to this thread. As mentioned on the classic cars thread the new FFB on the Mazda has a major problems for me. As many others have also stated I have to run a multi of .01-.02 and still receive lots of clipping.

Feedback on F3:-

I tried the F3.5 FFB upgrade and it is better however IMO it still is very aggressive on my CSR e. I monitor for clipping and for the F3.5 I generally run a multi of 1.05-1.10 with a smoothening of 10 however for this mod with the 3.5 FFB upgrade I have tried a multi of 0.7 with a smoothening of 20+ and I still receive clipping. The wheel torque feels firm and fine and I actually have my Steering torque sensitivity (controller.ini) set to 1.5 however the FFB generated from the surface undulation seems very extreme. Even with a soft spring rate and low bump dampers there is a fair bit of jolt going on through the rack. Maybe some of this feedback is from the lower profile tyre?

9. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

ok dumb question alert

whats the F3.5 FFB upgrade?

10. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Go to tuning when selecting car and you can pick different FFB options with one of those options being FR3.5 :D

11. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I'm glad somebody asked the dumb question before I do ;) Thanks to both of you! :)

12. Kev

Kev Registered

Actually TBC doesn't affect physics of player's tires anymore. Only values taken from there is tire width used to draw skidmarks on tarmac afaik.
    TGM describes not only construction of tire but its reaction to different forces (read: whole physic of tire). Quasistatic analysis calculates lookup tables for that.
    Good luck.

Also, try to update/reinstall latest version of Logitech profiler. I had some issues with old profiler with my G25 when i used it. Then set all values to default (don't remember is there "reset" button) e.g. Force = 100%, springs = 0%, dampers = 0% (rFactor doesn't use springs and damper forces). Turn off centering spring. Then check your controller.ini in userdata: Type=1, Skip=0, Steering effects strength=10000 (ten thousand), Filter not more than 10-15. Also check vehicle specific FFB mult on controller settings screen in rFactor.

13. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

As to the controls, i've done all that, i've been working with tjc since he uses a G25 and i copied his settings directly and still have the same issue. as to the TBC, it takes the width, the optimum temperatures and the starting temperatures from it as well, which are all performance factors.

14. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

v0.7 of the mod is now available here on the ISI Forums Download Section. If you have issues downloading from our site or our mirror, get it straight from these forums HERE

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Same problem with the display at Symmons Plains guys...

[​IMG]

16. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Yep I have the dashboard issue too

17. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Ok im confused , I already have v07 that i downloaded on the 7th ? is this the same file ?? i had to change from .man and now it says i have 2 files same name ??
    or am i just lame ?? you posted on the 13th but ive had a v 07 for the last week or so .. lol

hmmm ..

18. tjc

tjc Registered

I found this a little :confused: too at first but I don`t think there`s a newer version 0.7... I think Petros was saying v0.7 is now available here, in the ISI downloads section...

(The new download links at the top of the page)

:)

19. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Its the same file guys, I was just posting to say that it is also available here on the forums too now as an additional method to download. :)

20. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Doh good to know ! so i guess it was my "Im lame" answere lol
    loving the mod btw :D