[REL] [Open Beta v0.9] International Formula Series 3

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 3, 2013.

1. FONismo

FONismo Registered

LCD Display is not showing on the wheel with this mod and the new Essington track released

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Same here.

3. MJP

MJP Registered

Doesn't load on v1.03 either, possible material name conflict, material name 'windows'.

4. Kev

Kev Registered

What? I thought FR3.5 and F3 is totally different cars. Different engines, different tire size, wheelbase, everything. Also, telemetry is forbidden on F3 by regulations.
    Regardless, i believe new engine model provides simulation with much more precision and gives control over more engine parameters (mixture, pressure, throttle mapping, etc...) so this is "must-have" feature of every mod in present rFactor2. Same with suspension. I'm sure you already read this: http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/devscorner/introduction-to-physics-tool-ptool-and-flexible-chassis/

5. Ctuchik

Ctuchik Registered

Awesome car, tons of fun. Are there supposed to be tire sounds? I'm not really getting any.

6. tjc

tjc Registered

Same here too...

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Oh yeh... I seem to be getting a texture problem on the little windscreen on this car at the new Essington.

Can`t get a pic atm as I`m doing a fresh OS on my sim rig.

Anybody else noticed this?

8. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

no no, you miss interperet, the cars are different, suspension wise, however the PMs for both are the exact same model and structure, though each car has their own suspension. The other bits aren't a "must-have" they're extra candy and we implement any new changes if its not going to be detrimental to the car's feel. Remember this car is very old as well and we have other things in the pipeline for everyone so we don't want to get hung up on one little one. and no telemetry is not forbidden, thats why the makers of the various displays, bosch, magnetti marelli all bundle telemetry software with their displays. they may not be allowed to view it at the track, but they do log it and check it back at the factory.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

How do these new FFB options work? A very interesting idea to offer different "flavours."

By the way, v0.7 performs much better/as expected for this type of vehicle now. Great improvement. Not glued to the road any longer. Any of the three FFB options feel better than v0.6 for my Fanatec set-up, though I think the R3.5 is likely the "best for me."

10. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

no lcd on wheel at essington 1.04 also

have only tried this combo to test new releases, but it seems a common issue?

11. Ctuchik

Ctuchik Registered

Anyone manage to verify if they are getting sound from the tires? I turned down engine sound completely and the car was completely silent, even when doing donuts.

12. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

Thats why I included the various FFBs, since everyone has different wheels it'll feel different so i gave a wide range of options, though default is the same in 0.7 thats in 0.6. To say that these cars not being glued to the road is more expected and better isn't exactly true, from experience working with similar types of cars and working with drivers who drive these types of cars professionally. They actually do have a very fair amount of grip unless theyre overdriven.

13. Coanda

Coanda Registered

To me the grip is fine although I am experiencing extreme yaw moments and the car quickly feels disconnected from the track surface. Its not a sensation of lack of grip or oversteer.

14. idaanx

idaanx Registered

Had the same problem, noticed the ride height was to low in the TrackMap plugin. After moving the car up this was fixed.

15. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

There is a material conflict again at essington, this has been noted and will be fixed and put aside for the next update. It wont be yet because I want a little time to pass so we can see if anything else is discovered to be included.

16. Kev

Kev Registered

From my experience, moving to new engine model makes pretty big difference - tried with 3 cars so far. But OK, you are the boss. I'm just sad that one of my favourite series mod doesn't get much effort.
    Anyway, thanks for your work, the mod is OK, but i think you understand that it's pretty far from being excelent. :)

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

They still have more grip than others. A lot more, actually. It still feels almost impossible that the four little tires could generate that much grip, but I will assume the compounds, weight of the car, handling, etc., is all resaonbly accurate. Before, with whatever issue there was, it felt actually impossible ;)

If nothing has changed with FFB since v.0.6, then again, the other changes must have affected the FFB in turn. The amount of effort required to move the wheel and the level of feedback with FFB at 1.0 went from way too high (and requiring a set-back to 0.6) to just fine. The other two FFB settings are dramatically different, but all feel "normal" at FFB setting of 1.0.

18. Coanda

Coanda Registered

more feedback...

I am also finding that the steering torque decreases on my CSR e with more physical wheel turn which doesn't add up and the data represented in peddle-map also shows the same. The first 45-55deg of turn is tight then it drops off dramatically.

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The thing with tire having grip but then suddenly not, could simply be related to the slip angle being far too small.

20. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

I dunno, the majority of the community seems to think its excellent, but thats your opinion and you're entitled to it. To say it doesn't get much effort because we don't feel the need to implement the engine changes that have been added, especially with the builds constantly changing things, is laughable, but again you're entitled to your opinion.