[REL] [Open Beta v0.3] Classic Cars Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Will there be any option to download without registration?

2. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Tomorrow we will be releasing a mediafire mirror. :)

3. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Some more screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Sweet! Smooth moves ;)

5. zonder

zonder Registered

[​IMG]

6. Nick95

Nick95 Registered

same thing happened to me :(

7. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

You can contact me via PM on here with the username and email you desire and I will make the account for you and PM you the details. I can do that through my admin panel.

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok... more testing will be done and probably a fresh rf2 as well but I think my problem is with Sebring as every other track and car combo I`ve tried (with the AI) works perfectly, including the 787B.

Tried the 787B at various tracks now Petros and all is well.

Glad there`s no problem with the mod and thanks again. :)

9. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Ah that's great to hear man. Enjoy the mod. :)

10. ´goggo1peter

´goggo1peter Registered

At my PC that Mod chrashes to desktop

11. ´goggo1peter

´goggo1peter Registered

Sorry find out that other Mods doing that too

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Everything loads fine here.

The steering wheel overlaps the player's body, and there's some lower resolution-looking textures in the cockpit (steering wheel's center and general cockpit textures). The wheel looks a bit funny, that grey pattern doesn't resemble a possible dark alcantara as seen in photos and videos of the car. The front wheels move inwards when the nut cover is removed. I don't know what kind of feedback to give for handling and sounds as certainly the group has plans on updating the current place-holders with something more in tune with the car.

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Got it and it works also. ( had to use the activation code because the first link provided didn't work for activation)

Good start with the mod.

Sounds are good imo. Graphics need improvements, which you probably know (maybe looks better when reflection problems are gone).

As some people have noted, it needs too much steering in some fast corners. Otherwise physics are pretty solid I think. Not sure how this suppose to feel but generally I have felt that community made endurance cars are easier to handle than other we have.

Looking foward to updates. There's already quite alot of competition for my attention :) ( I mean lots of good mods in rf2)

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The sounds are missing the constant growling and grunt, with a low-pitched idle and so much rumble on high revs that your bones shake. Cockpit sounds just like it does on chase cam. They're just basic place-holders now so they can't be called good. This is the time to offer constructive criticism and feedback.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2013
  15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

you are probably right, I usually say "good" if it's not horrible :) and then something better if it's really good.

16. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

can someone put the mod on a server? we can take
    thank you

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Mak-Corp & Coms8/Pleclair makes for something extraordinary (Mazda787B+Nordschleife) i'm in love [​IMG]

Thx so much guys :)

18. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Lol server open France Team SMRC :)
    Multi cars

19. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Okay, got it...

I haven't driven it yet... but that won't keep me from commenting on a few things.

Looks great, model is beautiful and nice details - well done, would have loved some more dynamic reflections, but that's a matter of taste I think. It's just a bit matte, windows are fine - naturally. The body of course shouldn't be as reflective as the windows but... a bit more?

The sounds disappointed me. But that's because I had high expectations for them... In rF1 NIL made an EPIC 787B mod. Best about was possibly the sounds... When I drove that car in rF1, every gearchange was an aural pleasure. He nailed the sounds for that mod.

So that's why I had high expectations - and was disappointed when I didn't find any downshift epicness and overall sound wasn't quite as spot on as NILs...

20. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

You should read all previous pages starting from page 35 in this thread or go to Mak Corp forums.

The sounds are like placeholders now because of an issue, so in the next build (wait a week or so) the sounds are going to be way better.

Reflections have an issue because of build 300 from rFactor 2 so it will also be changed in the next build.

And well the rest has to be seen and more people should be driving it to find bugs and such, and talk about physics and FFB.

They know this has to be improved...this is a really early build.