[REL] [Open Beta v0.3] Classic Cars Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Aug 14, 2012.

1. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Got it :D
    Many thx for this beautiful car :) looks really good (I'm excited how it looks after ISI fixed the reflections). The download and install works well.
    Did only some tests with the AI driver because now it's to late (here in austria and for me) to prepare the rig.
    One thing I noticed maybe I'm the first multiview user (3 x 24" 5880 x 1080).
    Don't know how I can it explain easy :confused: but something is wrong with the cockpit view.
    The driver is to much in front and I can't see the right mirror. I use the same FOV (23-24) as with other car's.
    I add a Screenshot below
    View attachment 10127

and here are two more just for fun
    View attachment 10128
    View attachment 10129

thx alex

2. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Graphics are really nice imo.. not sure about physics though.. just happy to finally have it. so many thanks!

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Maybe I should, but I didn't! Forgive me, I haven't been THAT active :)

Actually I tested the car in build 240 - so reflections are not fixed because of something is wrong with build 300...

Just updated tonight to build 300, again an example of my RUDE inactiveness - SORRY! :)

They asked for feedback, they got it. I will try the car with my wheel and such soon. And I will return back here...

If they're placeholders, those sounds, I'll nudge back up my expectations. NIL-level or higher ;)

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Your vmod is failing, can't join yer server :p

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

anyway... try build 300 so you know whats happening

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

8. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Give me a break :p I will - just installed, fresh 300 build :)

9. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

tomorrow I redo the vmod :-(

10. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

11. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Mediafire mirror has been added to the first post on the first page of this thread. You can also get it below. If you download a .MAN file, rename .MAN to .rfcmp

Mediafire Mirror

12. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Ok thanks for the information so it is normal that the right mirror is outside of my visible range.

13. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Great stuff, I'll try and have a go tonight :)

14. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Yes, that mirror was not visible for the real drivers in the car to our knowledge. Its due to the shape of the windscreen and the location of the mirror. Nothing we can really do about that one. :/ If you move your seat forward though you can see it better.

15. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Well do something about the reflection next build. It's the Alpha set to dark. The reason is because it was done a few rF2 builds back when all the cars looked ugly and washed out with a higher shine setting. Simple fix. We were aware of it, just didn't worry about it over others things that needed more attention before release.
    Thanks for you feedback.

16. Minibull

Minibull Member

Just had an hour with the car now.

The model looks really really great, obviously there are the issues already noted, sounds, reflections, etc. Love the little LCD dials inside the car, that show the rF2 data, plus the way you can take off the front and rear bonnets in the garage XD

Feedback is pretty hard to give ai, seeing as the only other 787B I've driven was in GT years and years ago hahaha.
    I noticed the odd steering as others have mentioned, the faster you go it seemed the more lock was needed. Plus there was just a very vague sense of what was going on with the front wheels. Hard to tell what was going on with the car at either end for some reason. (G25, FFB multiplier at 1.00, no filtering)
    The brakes are unlockable it seems. I doubled checked I didnt have ABS on so all good there. I can floor the pedal all the way into a corner and it will not lock. Also the way the brake temps behaved seemed quite odd. Cruising with the brakes dragging and they wouldn't heat up much, but then they wouldn't really cool down a lot either going down the straights. With the stock brake vent setting on Estoril, from memory they stayed in the 600-690 degree range, all the time.

17. Coanda

Coanda Registered

A very promising start. Congrats & thank you.

My early synopsis taken from Sebring test. The FFB is not bad, I am mindful of clipping however I can feel most of undulations but not all. The tyre feels a little disconnected from the tarmac surface though and on the curbs I don't get the same feedback or pull factor like I do with other mods. I'm no expert on this type of machinery however I am left questioning the braking capacity. Although 20+ years old now are the brakes really that bad? I generally run most mods on 75%-85% BP and still pinch brakes however for this mod set at 100% my braking distance required seem somewhat very lengthy for a car of this weight. The car has allot of grip, I can be very very aggressive in 1st & 2nd gear corners with no breakout. Is this accurate? I am also finding it difficult to get heat heat into the front tyres however this maybe down to set-up & driving style as I am yet to delve into this fully. I did do some very quick setup tricks but still no good.

Cheers again & looking forward to what the future brings. Hopefully this gets the attention it deserves to become an "A" grade mod.

18. tjc

tjc Registered

I managed to get some track time with the 787B last night and can only really agree with the others that have mentioned the steering and the sounds etc.

I know the sounds are placeholder and will be changed. Glad to hear this though as they don`t really sound all that convincing atm.

As has been mentioned, the steering seems to be a bit off too... you have to give it way too much (imo) to go round some of the fast(er) corners and the car seems to struggle with quite a lot of understeer in general and there`s little feeling from the front wheels/ffb atm.

Also found it pretty hard to lock up the wheels too. I`ve also noticed that the backfire animation comes on sometimes when the car is going full tilt down a straight and no gear changes have been made and the car isn`t slowing down in any way...

Also noticed some cam probs:

[​IMG]

Plus I`d like to ask... did you guys alter the camera(s) settings in any way?

When in free look I can`t seem to go down as much with this mod as I can with others before going through the track surface.

The model does look really nice though although imo the silver/chrome on the back wheels especially looks a bit... too shiny for want of a better phrase... the wheels also seem to suffer from more jaggies than any other part of the car too which I`m hoping can be addressed.

The skins look fine (in fact they look really good) from a bit of a distance but when up close and personal they look a little low res to me... anyway I`ve actually noticed this with other mods too so maybe that`s a rf2 thing... I`m not sure.

In general, I enjoyed the mod and I`m thinking it`ll really come to the fore and be the car it should be with an update or two.

Good work guys, keep it up. :)

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

More forward will not work because then I will sit on the rim ;) But know I know not seeing the right mirror is a reality feature:) so it's fine for me. (the real race video confirm this)
    But I think my seat position is to much in front. Not sure but I think it has something to do with the combination of multiview my used resolution (5880 x 1080 FOV 24) an the Track IR Plugin. In the cockpit screenshot I've posted the seat position is set to max rear position (-100) but the rim and cockpit is still very close.
    Will do some test's in the evening and report my experience.

alex

20. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

All of you who are a part of the first 500 to download the 1991 Group C mod (including v0.1) have been emailed with instructions on how to claim the 25% Discount Voucher for the SRD-9C Sim-Racing Display. Be sure to complete the instructions by the 7th of October 2013 so you don't miss out!

@tjc: I'll let liquid answer your questions when he comes online as he'd know better than I. :)