[REL] [Open Beta v0.3] Classic Cars Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Aug 14, 2012.

1. ADUBZ

ADUBZ Registered

well the original deadline beta was to include about 4 classic street cars, but it was unfortunate that I had to leave so things didn't make it and something came up with the models?. I haven't given a new date yet because I would prefer to get a lot of progress done on the car then be able to gauge a realistic date that I'll be able to meet.

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You dont owe anything to anyone, please take your time, the point is to have fun while you are offering us your work, pointless otherwise.

3. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

I personaly would prefer street cars in the beta, because that would be something completely new to RF2 and would stand out.
    But as Nikos posted above: you don't owe us anything. release what you want to release and we should be gratefull for anything!

4. Schueppe

Schueppe Registered

I think both would be better, not only would it be fun to drive more cars(this doesn't influence my opinion in the least*a slight bit of irony*), but it would give us also the possibility to look how both types of cars feel and behave and by that review an critique those which might make the final version all the better.

5. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

We just don't want to keep you all waiting for too long. We're looking at releasing whatever we get done and then just expanding on it with more and more content as it gets done. We too share the opinion that its taking long, but we're in the position to know that its taking long due to the amount of work needed to be done. Of course I'd like to release as much as possible, but if a car does get done and is ready, I don't see why we can't release that one to you all to enjoy while others are getting finalized. I think that might be the best method to also give you guys something to play with and enjoy while we continue developing more. :)

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yea! give us some thing to drive/test, so we can give you some ffb and help you with this mod!

7. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Maybe it would be cool to release devmode versions for other modders so they can test and provide pre-release feedback? :) They also, most of the time, give more actual feedback than just the standard, 'thanks', 'great', 'on ice', 'on rails'.

8. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

LOL at that :D

9. coops

coops Banned

I think that might be the best method to also give you guys something to play with and enjoy while we continue developing more. by petros mak.

thats the best idea yet.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Don't release untill at a good standard, I'm sure you guys are doing a fine job

11. cosm1

cosm1 Registered

Hi guys, I'm working hard on the Classic Cars Mod, specifically on the Lamborghini Miura, Chevrolet Camaro and the Dodge Challenger, I have all 3 ingame but the result due the rf2 development it is not so good, specially for the chrome and reflections parts! Maybe I'll share some photos today or tomorrow :)

12. CRex

CRex Registered

View attachment 6522

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
  13. tjc

tjc Registered

Today please. :)

14. Niko

Niko Registered

Do you have some screenshot ready for classic car mod?

Do you have also some infos about the RF2 mod of your blog?

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Will they all be released together or as & when each is complete ?

16. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey guys. I didn't catch cosm1 online today but will hopefully catch him tomorrow. It is the weekend and he's most likely spending it with his family as he does work 5 days a week. I'll be sure to catch up with him and get back to you all about those screens.

The new website had a bug and took the last 4 days to fix it, now the work continues to get all the content on the site. Its also been made compatible with mobile and tablet units so it will be easier to use the site with those peripherals.

Due to the length of time it takes to do each car, we will most likely release them as they get done. This will give you all cars to enjoy while more and more get done. Its clear that the majority don't like waiting too long for a full package and considering this mod is about enjoying individual cars, we may as well release them as they get done so you can enjoy them. Of course there will also be cars grouped etc, but we will release whatever gets done first and continue releasing each car as it gets done. :)

On a further note just to remind everyone. We will also release public templates that you can use to paint your own skins.

I look forward to providing some screenshots as soon as I catch up with cosm1. :)

17. tjc

tjc Registered

I look forward to skinning some of these babies... :)

18. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Skin all you want, I'd rather drive them :D

Thanks for the update Petros :)

19. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Just spoke to cosm1. He forgot to take the screens to work with him so he'll pass them to me when he's home or tomorrow if I am not still up due to our time difference. Today is also his birthday so Happy Birthday cosm1! :D

20. tjc

tjc Registered

What!?

We get to drive them too...?

:p