Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. FrancoisB

FrancoisB Registered

Hi, I find this dlc car pack really cool, I love the GT3 category:D. That said there is a visual bug on the McLaren 650S GT3, the front wing are cut in the showroom, but it is present in the game session. I also find the size of the tires, too thin of the Mercedes AMG GT3, compared to what I could see in my day at the circuit where she was present.

hope it will be patch;)

2. txinas

txinas Registered

Hellow in the future the people that we use VR is better that we have more info in the LCDs of the gt3 pack. All info of the telemetry .
    Its very usefull fore us and is not natural see the rf2 estandar hud in the cockpit.

Personally i see modders with this area do it better.

Thanks.

Andregee likes this.
  3. Andregee

Andregee Registered

It would be great if we could switch throught some options like tyre temp, break temps and so on.

vittorio likes this.
  4. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

That is a good/interesting question, given the quality of the latest gt3 made on the basis of real data and with the latest physics technologies S397.

I have only these informations :

"The Corvette C7.R GTE car is mostly done from a model point of view. We’re working on sound and physics and are looking at other options in GTE and related classes.

We are already working on some of the Tatuus cars we’ve licensed, but those are still in early phases"

ECAR_Tracks and Lu ManiaK like this.
  5. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

I don't know if the C7 is a license bought with the DLC's Corvette. That it will be fine anyway. In my personal opinion, we need to make a larger list of GT3 cars for a 2nd DLC. Take a look on GT3's car list here: ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_GT3
    To have only 5 cars licensed isn't really too much. In my opinion we need another DLC with strong cars like the Huracan, the R8, M6, 488 and some kind of "outsider" (Radical's style...that is great) like the new Lexus and Acura. The actual DLC is really good but it is incomplete. Before starting to think at others categories, in my opinion, it will better to have a more complete list for GT3 cars.

Ernie, Badboy and Rolacka like this.
  6. stonec

stonec Registered

Well, how many GT3 cars do we need before it's "complete"? The problem is people will always say it's incomplete until we have every possible car, and that won't happen, because license costs for cars like Lambo and Ferrari are sky high, and having a DLC pack that sells 3000 copies is in no way enough to cover those costs. It doesn't make sense to license a manufacturer that is only represented by one car in the game, they need to release more stuff from the same manufacturer for it to work out (like they are doing with Chevrolet or Nissan). People said ISI released incomplete stuff when they made 1 car series, now we have five times that, plus all the GT3 mods. It seems like Assetto Corsa has "only" 9 GT3 cars, and that's with a 10 times larger user base than rF2.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  7. Lgel

Lgel Registered

8. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I would really like to have 5-7 other licensed GT3s with real car data.

GT (GT1 and GT2 at the time, GTE, GT3) are great cars to train and improve lap times.

I still find your idea good, adoring this category.

And then what I REALLY want is a supercars DLC with a bit of V12 ;).
    A DLC 100% ferrari or Italian supercars will be awesome (in my opinion getting the licenses and car data must be hard, but we can dream ....).

I am now to have 100% S397 cars from REAL data.

We'll see !!!

EDIT :
    New categories of cars would be as good and would have the advantage of satisfying a larger number of users.

9. Filip

Filip Registered

I would like open wheelers (Tatuus ?).
    Any F1 is always welcomed.
    KTM X-Bow
    Ferraris and Porsches of course but that is less likely.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Precisely this, people need to just get on and race instead of "wanting" the next car, all I see is people getting a car/pack then immediately looking for the next DLC release.
    If you don't enjoy the moment then you're not really enjoying sim racing.

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

God forbid people would like to race a full Blancpain series in their favourite sim

12. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

You are damn right. XD
    But you know...it was only to tell my opinion in a "DLC n°2"...but you are still TOO RIGHT mate...
    Aaaaaaaaaand you are right again...well the Nissan GT3 could be cool for to have a 6th car in GT3...better than 5.
    We're also waiting for a F1 car for each decade. We'll see...up to now I have alredy too much things to drive. :)

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

A second GT3 pak would DEFINITELY get my vote. And I've never been a big fan of the 3rd string cars til lately. But with the Nurb 24hrs, and Bathhurst and Blancpain(what the heck is Blancpain btw.????) PWC & IMSA I've certainly taken note of them now.

in regards to complete fields, back in the GTR2 days, THE absolutely most modded cars were the V8 Supercars. We had V8SC seasons, series, tracks, the whole she-bang. But the most requested item was MORE FREAKin V8SCs.

McKiernan likes this.
  14. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

I'm with SPASKIS/stonec on this one. If they are only going to sell 3000 units (it'll be more over time, but still a small number as of now) then there is no way they will be able to afford to license a Ferrari 488 or Porsche 911, which are the two obvious cars to get. Without those, is there enough out there to truly move the needle in terms of participation? It would be nice to get the Lambo, Audi R8 but then you are struggling a bit for others. Aston? Nissan? You'd need 3 or 4 in a pack. Trying to license the Lexus and Acura would be nice, but they've been limited to factory use up to now (should be customer cars, I know) and cost there may be prohibitive too. I'd like to see a second GT3 pack, but I think, the cars we have are already some of the most popular in real world and the ones we have behave well in the sim. This is a sim, not a car-collection game. Better I think to keep polishing what they have and, in particular, make a really good fist of having those perform in the rain. S397 have some work to do but can catch up/surpass what PC2 has for weather-impacted racing.

S397 probably need another car to put against the Corvette GTE. iRacing built a Ford and Ferrari and participation mushroomed. When they built a GT1 Aston to go alongside the GT1 Vette, participation went up a lot for a while also, but Aston doesn't have anywhere near the same following as Ferrari or Porsche. Without those brands, the effect will always be limited. Adding one or two more GTEs would help with multiclass GT racing; but they also need Prototypes to really pull that off. There are 4 base LMP2 chassis and they'd need 2 to make it work; or they could go after privateer LMP1 which I think will undergo a bit of an upswing in the next couple of years. Ginetta? A better choice than Radical that might have been, but they are already in PC2. Lots of LMP3 choices but I think that doesn't balance well against GTE. While I will enjoy the Tatuus open wheelers, the multi-class endurance racing is where rF2s capabilities shine best.

15. yippssy

yippssy Registered

I'm agree with do more 2017 GT3 cars and not create different EGT cars.

GT3 2017: Aston Martin Vantage V12, Audi R8 LMS, Lamborghini Huracan, Ferrari 488, Porsche 911 R and Nismo GTR.

Ford GT GTE and Corvette C7R GTE are great cars, but better unify users and leagues.

Nowadays "nobody" want leagues with Nissan GTR GT1 or Corvette C6R GT2, they are awesome cars but "nobody" want leagues with only one of these cars.

16. txinas

txinas Registered

;)

17. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Watches :)
    I would welcome more GT3s. The mention of trying to license more GTEs is good news too, I hope S397 will be successful with that.

18. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I would love more GT3 cars but first, I'd like to see a Super GT Honda and Lexus to keep company to that lonely GT-R and I'd assume licenses for those should be easier and cheaper to get than Ferrari and Porsche. After all 5 cars is enough to have enough variety of cars for a GT3 race and more so if you consider you can merge them with the Simtek/Apex mods, on the other hand it's very sad to see that Super GT Nissan all on its own. :(

yippssy and Badboy like this.
  19. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

FSuarez URD are doing the cars for what you are looking for. Up to now there is only the Nissan but if you buy the pack you will have the other 2 cars from SuperGT when they will be released.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  20. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Really?? If that's the case I'll jump in. I have all their other mods but was hesitant about buying the Nissan due to the fact that S397 had released it as well.
    I don't see an option for the pack or any mention of it on their website tho, just the individual Nissan for 3.90 euros.