[REL] NEW! GT3 Challengers Pack NOW Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Presumably the caliper rotation is left to right in terms of the car (as the front wheels turn), as far as that fix is concerned. And that fix should either work or not, so if @Andregee still has static calipers then his car hasn't updated.

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I deleted the old one, deleted the log folder and reniewed the subscription in Steam.

3. akephoe

akephoe Registered

I have 2 things/problems/questions i would like that the developers have a look at.
    - First, please have a look in to the engine cooling settings of the 911GT3.
    In high temperatures around 29/30°C for example i get with complete open cooling 112 to 120°C on engine temps .Even one click closed to 33% gives in a Long run overheating Problems. Compared to other cars the basic temp with open cooling seems in the 911 way to high and gives no possibilities to adjustments.
    - Second, compared to the other gt3s the 911 feels very do or die on rearwing settings.
    From full rearwing settings down to 11/12 it is ok, but below 11 the car gets with 1 or 2 clicks further down very nervous on the rear. I have the impression that the setting is not linear compared to the other cars. I would expect a uniform drop of rear downforce but for me it feels like there is progressive Point in the Settings where the downforce drops greatly
    Thanks!

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Administrator Staff Member

Latest GT3 Challengers updates:

- Added a support for BaseMat.JSON in all default VEH files.
    This will help avoid issues when making custom skins in an 'update rfcmp' (Note: this is mostly for league use and more info will be added to our user guide pages)

Important note: All previously created custom teams in Tuning/Showroom will need to be re-created based off a current car from the list. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Aston Martin Vantage GT3
    v1.45

Audi R8LMS GT3
    v1.47

BMW M6 GT3
    v1.43

McLaren 720s GT3
    v1.41

Porsche 911 GT3R
    v1.39

Art_Pereira, lagg, Levelup1 and 7 others like this.
  5. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

What it should look like.
    upload_2019-4-28_12-57-28.png
    What it "does look like!
    upload_2019-4-28_12-59-15.png
    Second picture is a car/livery that is packed into a Mas. file.
    The top picture is the same livery, windows but as open files in a different virtual driver folder with it's own rcd.
    Cars in Mas. are not working for AI!
    Worth to note, The top picture is a AI driver and you can see the regions json file is working.

I had joined the track in this car as driver.
    upload_2019-4-28_13-5-33.jpeg
    that also loaded as a AI driver were the region, json is also working.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  6. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Administrator Staff Member

Can you send me your files please

7. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Done.

Christopher Elliott likes this.
  8. Stevy

Stevy Registered

I don't know but I get the feeling that the new material system is still quit bugged.
    I mean how many updates and fixed we got since release and everytime something new is broken or (still) not fixed.
    I mean what a great system. You can do so many great skins which are not possible in other sims (chrome stuff)
    But seeing it myself and trying so share my work...It just don't seem to work as smooth as it should be.
    Not trying to "hate" or something (I love it myself and skin atm) but thats what I see :/

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Dpainter just posted his Audi skin driven by AI, so I'm hopeful this is a solid fix.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  10. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Registered

Did anybody watch the YouTube stream from Nicki Thiim yesterday?

He voiced criticism of the Aston Martin and it's lack of similarity to the real thing at the 1:14:30 mark.

Marisa likes this.
  11. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Finally. I asked him twice to make this review and i have seen the same requests from other ppl. And i am not surprised by his answer.

Marisa likes this.
  12. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The question is how Mr. Thiim's is involved in licensing and data sharing and how Mr. Thiim wants to compare the data of the rfactor2 version where they are encrypted?In which series does the guy drive the GT3 version at all. As far as I know, the one with the current Aston Martin is only on the road in the GTE version.

13. mr.Sw1tchblade

Blancpain gt. He also did some tests of the new a-m cars at Sebring not long ago.
    I don't think he wants to compare data from pc games :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  14. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

If you listen to what he says, he hasn't and won't try the car. His issue on the data seems to be based around the fact that there's apparently something wrong with the steering wheel?! So yeah...

TK

15. Stevy

Stevy Registered

lolololol....thats what I like about the simracing commmunity /s
    If a pro praises a sim everybody is happy and says "look how real sim x is because pro x said so".
    But if it turn out to be against a sim its called "I don't think Pro x is involved and he don't drive the the car in rl anyway". Thanks for the laugh!
    lololololol...such a joke here. Just seeing what you want to see....pffff....

McFlex likes this.
  16. mr.Sw1tchblade

I am not in realism bandwagon, so i don't care.
    I just don't believe any racing team will share real data of brand new car at the begining of new season. Look at the photos before season: they are trying to hide even aerodynamic parts of cars. Especially f1 cars.

17. Andregee

Andregee Registered

18. mr.Sw1tchblade

I like his channel because of this

This video is a way better. At list it is interesting.

19. stonec

stonec Member

Yep, it's quite incredible how graphic-centric sim racing has gotten. If he at least had worded his criticism clearly at graphics, it would make somewhat sense. But criticizing the car for "lack of data" and basing it on how the steering wheel looks is laughable. Maybe I'm just old school, but when I hear "lack of data" I associate it with car physics issues, but nobody seems to care about physics in this day and age. It's all about missing brake calipers and wrong colors of dashboard.

20. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

He's criticizing how the onboard of the Aston is visually incorrect while he is driving THAT?? Hmm lol ok

IMG_5096.jpg