[REL] NEW! GT3 Challengers Pack NOW Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I believe the Aston Martin Gte and Gt3 uses the same 4 litre V8 turbocharged engine and I can't believe of not that the Gt3 engine has such a poor efficiency compared to the Gte model

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

They may be the same base but the config is so different that the kit to switch from GTE to GT3, and vice versa, in real life includes the engine too. If I remember correctly by rules the max allowed stint time in GT3 is 65 minutes (green flag I think), that's as long as you can go saving fuel, rules require you to pit by that time

3. Leynad

Leynad Registered

Just saw another episode of Ring Police Porsche GT3 R racing and they talk a lot about differential-settings. In rF2 they are not available and it's making this car unusable especially on the Nordschleife because there's not enough differential locking in fast corners making it unpredictable to drive. A preload-setting should be mandatory and without those substantial setup-choices i find the hole GT3-packs rubbish in terms of simulation value. pCars 2 does it a lot better. And GTE is even worse without the possibility to change gear ratios like in the real ones. Different gear-rations are probably the main advantage in comparison with the GT3.

mr.Sw1tchblade and Marisa like this.
  4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yeah, I'd like to know who made the physics, cant believe it was Borda or that he'd be happy with the result (not enough time with every car DLC being in a hurry?). And then all the locked telemetry channels, just hmmmmmm...
    Well, not that the packs are bad, but they always seem like could be way better
    I'm not sure GTE cars allow gear ratio change tho

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Leynad and Marisa like this.
  5. Andregee

Andregee Registered

In Cars 2 there are the most different variants to the selection which is now also again nonsense, since no vehicle has so varied variations
    but yes, certain setup options should be available, including the caster, which is also adjustable in ACC and the data has Kunos directly from the teams.

6. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

there are a lot options, but wasnt it so, that not everyone is working, depending on class ?

7. Bumble

Bumble Registered

" A set of ratios is made of : - 6 forward ratios - 1 reverse ratio - 1 drop gear ratio - 1 final drive ratio May be homologated : - 2 standard sets of ratios - 1 set of ratios specific for the "24 heures du Mans"©. Each set of ratios must be used in its entirety."

From 2019 LM_GTE regulations

Emery likes this.
  8. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

BMW M6 has wrong RPM values in car display, offset is about +1000 RMPs. Will this be fixed? Similiar is with Bentley Continental, only offset is even larger.

McFlex likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The GT3 Audi also has LEDs that go full red about 700 rpm BEFORE the redline is reached.

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

So does the Oreca, the M8, etc. This is a issue in all packs. I think the only good one is the 650S but then when the blue goes on you are hitting the limiter lol
    They should try to do it like 200rpm bellow limiter on all cars

11. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The maximum power of the motor, i.e. the optimum time to change the gear is often reached before the rev limit.

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Please... stop trying to find excuses, their PR team doesn't need help to do it... go check how GT3/E homologation (which includes power/torque curve control) works....
    If this was the case the developer could just say it, their silence indicates it's just wrong and they dont care.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  13. lagg

lagg Registered

Sorry but their silence indicates nothing.

Dookie and David Kolody like this.
  14. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Maybe I wasn't clear enough on the first post, so I'll provide more details....If you look in the replay value of RPM on the car display panel and in the bottom left corner of the screen (there are pedals, speed and RPM meter)...there is a difference in that data. In car display will show +1000 RPM offset compared to data in the bottom right corner for BMW. Same is with Bentley, but even greater offset. Other cars, that have RPMs displayed as numbers in their display panel are having the same value as in the bottom left corner.

15. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Today i found out that the BMW M6 GT3 is the BMW M6 GT3 by Simtek. You can clearly see it in the template. It's just turned by 90 degree. That also explains why Simtek didn't continue to work on his cars :D

Marisa likes this.
  16. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

This is not the optimum because next gear is too low revs. Optimum is when integral of power, power x time, is maxed. So you would run each gear a bit over power max if limiter allows for. Depends on engine characteristics

McFlex likes this.
  17. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Threads like these aren't exactly enticing me to rush out and buy the dlc.

Has rf2 really lost that kind of quality we need.?

18. lagg

lagg Registered

If rF2 would have lost the quality we need, we wouldn't be here, no?

juanchioooo likes this.
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

What doesn't mean, there isn't a lot of potential for improvements, no?

lagg likes this.
  20. lagg

lagg Registered

Off course.

CrimsonEminence likes this.