Released NEW! GT3 Challengers Pack NOW Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Well, it completely ruined our race.
    3 hours of torture.
    Must be real fun at Bathurst

2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

There was an issue where you'd get wrecked, fix the damage but the car would be slow, but upon driver change it got all its speed back. Drivers have been having to work round that in VEC for some time.

3. philman

philman Registered

I don't know if this has already been mentioned here, but I noticed something strange when I wanted to change the Porsche's original settings. I noticed that the toe in of the front wheels was positive! Is this normal? I put back a negative value and the behaviour improved significantly, especially during braking, and this considerably reduced under-steering.

4. Christos Segkounas

I hope it gets attention sooner than the "invisible pit arrow" bug.
    Doesn't seem like something so hard to fix, to have the car fully repaired during a pit stop, yet so game breaking when it does not...

McFlex likes this.
  5. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

It's still here sadly, and it's a nightmare in tracks like Le Mans, just a little tap and you will be 5 seconds slower each lap, unless you swap with your teammate, who has just finished his 2 hours stint.

Christos Segkounas likes this.
  6. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered

7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

i do think its about time they stop with content and even halt the UI and get the core outstanding gamebreaking issues fixed. Otherwise people are just gonna go elsewhere.

8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Luckily you aren't running the business. You are well aware that they hired new people to work on content, wich includes old aswell as new content to bring everything up to spec and make it consistent, something that most people complain about? And stopping to work on the UI, that has allready taken much longer than anticipated? What do you think, wich kind of signal this sends to your customers? The UI that is supposed to fix some of the longstanding issues like the MP lobby that gives zero cues about AI being on servers. Besides those things, I haven't found more gamebreaking issues than "elsewhere".

kimbo and mesfigas like this.
  9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

you may be right - but if was running "a business" I would of polished the core first, before adding more issues on top..

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  10. Christos Segkounas

LokiD is right imo.
    We are not even talking polishing the sim here, just game breaking stuff.
    If people that do endurance for example can't see their pit arrow at night that is game breaking, can't wait for a year to fix it.
    Bugs, the more important ones at least, should be getting fixed ASAP.
    Otherwise yes, people will be going away.
    I am a patient man and not one to constantly see the ugly side of things but, the more I get deeper into rf2 and the more serious my racing becomes (as in being a part of a team and responsible for others beyond myself), these things tend to hurt a lot more than the odd league race.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

That's true. Official 12h race coming... damage repair bug still there. You cant use official formation lap with safety car due to random disconnect bug (and if you dc in this moment rejoin does not work, wth)
    Hope the pit arrow is not dark in Sebring at least.

12. Christos Segkounas

They kind of finally introduced a "fix" for that but it wasn't fully fixed.
    It must be a graphical thing, you can test to see if you personally can see the arrow glow brightly at night and if you cannot try increasing various options in the graphics.
    But yeah, still not fully fixed, it is still there for some people.

13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Are those things really that gamebreaking for you though? Do you not even start the game because those things aren't working? Do you ragequit on a regular base because the pit arrow is hard to see?

One thing that I can tell you for sure is, that the first impression for the rF2 user and the interaction via the interface has been one of the major complaints since it's first introduction and the problem with the AI not shown in the MP lobby is much more of a gamebreaker than a pit arrow that is hard to see but not invisible. Because it actually makes people quit the game before they even play it. The delay of the UI, wich has become a running gag by now, would hurt the image and functionality of the product and the developer behind it in the grand scheme of things alot more than some other "minor" bugs, that can get fixed along the way. What's so bad about a workaround for a bugged feature, when players don't even care about the feature in other more popular products in first place? I know, it is frustrating at times, but the importance of bugs/features and how they are prioritized will mostly vary from player to player and even more between the development team and the player base, because there usualy are alot of emotions and missing knowledge involved.

If you really think about it of what is more important: the interface that the player interacts with pretty much 100% of the time before he even joins a race - the window to the world - or a bug during a race that is seemingly important for you but that you only notice once you are past the interface and dig deep enough? Most people who are put off by the UI, don't even reach the point of stopping during a race at night. Let alone the people, who never join the MP lobby because they feel arsed once they join a server full of AI. Even if I can life with the current interface and even if I love it's rich funtionality, I am not blind to see that there is gained alot with a new UI. And what is actually a bit sad is the fact, that alot of the nice functionality of this sim is hidden for a new user and reading some questions from different people this happens alot. What seems familiar to the long time user can be hard to find for the newcomer. :)

Ari Antero and pkelly like this.
  14. Supa

Supa Registered

My eyes Glaze over when there;s more that one small paragraph!!

15. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Personally I'm glad the new UI isn't released yet till it's 100% working correctly.
    We're having enough issue with new features that are fraught with issues, new and old.

Highbank and Highlandwalker like this.
  16. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Back on topic please, none of this has anything to do with the GT3 cars.

LokiD, pkelly and Hocician like this.
  17. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

New update today?

BTW, I hate you, this pack is killing my social life. :eek::D

Donat and Balazs Magyar like this.
  18. turtlewise08

turtlewise08 Registered

Just purchased GT3 Endurance Pack on steam and it didnt finish the download it stopped at 99% then it never finish .No Aston Martin GTE ,and no McLaren 720 GTE / There are 3 different versions of cars in inventory also .

19. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Think you may be a bit confused about what you've purchased (well at least I am :))...Aston Martin GT3 and McLaren 720S GT3 are not part of the endurance pack, they're part of the rF2 Challengers pack. That said, for whatever vehicles that have not downloaded go to your inventory and unsubscribe from them, then close steam and reopen steam and subscribe to them and that should trigger them to download.

Just for info pack info below;
    GT3 Power Pack, released October 2017
    McLaren 650S GT3, Mercedes AMG GT3, Radical RXC Turbo GT3, Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R and the Bentley Continental GT3.

Endurance Pack released June 2018
    Porsche 991 RSR, BMW M8 GTE, Corvette C7.R, Oreca 07 LMP2 and the Norma M30 LMP3.

GT3 Challengers Pack Released December 2018
    McLaren 720S GT3, the Audi R8 LMS GT3, Porsche 911 GT3 R, the BMW M6 GT3 and finally the Aston Martin Vantage GT3 2019 (Released early in 2019)

EsxPaul and Alex72 like this.
  20. turtlewise08

turtlewise08 Registered

Oh ok makes more sense now i kept seeing 3 different versions of cars but not installled . restart steam and yes it did finally install the Aston this morning , All present and accounted for today thank you sir , I just got excited to try out the new ponys in the stable .