[REL] Mountain Forest rf2 0.92 (Download)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Mario Morais, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

LN command would not be very wise in this case because that would mean only one copy of the files exists on the disk. So if you break something in dev mode you break it in single player mode too.

The best way would be some kind of automatic extraction from single player mode to dev mode and also the other way - automatic packaging from dev mode to single player (assuming you have all the necessary data to create proper package). Kinda like zip/unzip.

PS: Windows has LN command too, its called mklink so if you really want to you can link tracks ;)

2. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

Nice track and very fun!!!

Thanks,keep working.

3. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Ah, but that is why you make backups, yeah me either :eek:

You talk about some new Windows, I believe?
    Sorry from OT :eek:

4. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Always the same problems - always doing backup when it's already too late :D

You must have NTFS file system and Vista or newer Windows.
    In older Windows (from Windows 2000 onward) there were "NTFS junction points" - something similar to mklink but I never used that so i don't really know the details.

5. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Why people want the track in devmode?

6. jtbo

jtbo Registered

For test driving cars we make, your track is one of the best for that use currently as it is more roadlike than rest and streetcars are meant for road like places :D

For example, I don't race at all really, not even in single player, all my time goes with car creation.

7. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Yeah, my main point was that for example Dev Mode could load tracks ALSO from single player track location. Or that there is only one track location where are both "installed" tracks and open file tracks. There will be loads and loads of new tracks coming for the whole lifetime of rF2, and I feel already very frustrated the fact that I have to manually port all the tracks to DevMode which is the only mode I actually use. It would be nice to play with single play also, but for _modder_ there is not much use for it.

There is not really a problem here if just ISI devs would take a another look at it. You can still have component tracks with their unique online ID, and then you would have at the same place open file tracks which only work locally for you.

But I am already given up hope of getting any sort of functional DevMode/single player car/track modding combination. rFactor was pretty much perfect in this sense, and I know we have lost that for ever. I live with this, or then if it grows too tiresome I quit modding or switch to another game all together.

But thats it for my rant! :cool:

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

What a great track ! :)

F3s is great real opposite lock stuff and close ratios :)

The various grip and the ripples are just great you can really get a flow going.

edit: I meant to also say some of the corner radius are great too, very interesting.

Down to 2:37 so far in F3 Eve

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
  9. MJP

MJP Registered

Drag, drop, copy here.... hardly a massive undertaking especially compared to any editing you're presumably going to do once it's in there (why else would you want to put it in dev mode anyway). Complaining about lack of "any sort of functional DevMode/single player car/track modding combination" is going a little bit over the top no?

10. rer8

rer8 Registered

I have run this track with the Historic F3, and F2. It is a very nice track. I look forward to the updates... It runs just fine as is, both as single and multi-player. Thanks for sharing this track.

11. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Howdy! and thanks for the great track!

I have one request... That it didn't rain in the tunnels! It gets really slippery in there... : )

Thanks,

Bryan

12. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

What version you run? if is 0.5 version in tunnels supposedly should not raining.

13. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I tried this track the other day and its awesome, the driving experience in the F3, Trainer and GTR have been so great. The visuals still need a few adjustments in textures, cameras and such but to be honest when driving this I dont even notice. The actual feel of the road on my G25 with those cars feels so great with a nice natural flow to the circuit, I almost get a vague impression of what a great feeling road surface would bring to the Nords track if anyone ever builds one with this sort of surface detail.

Currently I think its my favorite track to drive in the lower powered cars, it shows that even though the finishing touches arent there graphically yet a very well designed track and great road surface is so immersive you dont even notice the other things which arent quite there yet.

Gameplay and physics win over eye candy every day In my books, if you get both then great but if you can only get one to start with, gameplay is the place to start I think. Visuals can be tweaked and upgraded throughout if needed but if the feeling isn't there it doesn't matter how pretty it is you just wont be going back for more.

14. Golly

Golly Registered

I am loving this track, really well done, its fast flowing and got some tricky stuff indeed also thrown in.

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi mario,any news fot an upcoming update for this awesome track?

16. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Hi made same test in grass and Billboard trees.

Ii made lots of billboards trees but billboards trees have a bug. The object clip before is out of screen. If any one know how to fix it..:)

[​IMG]

17. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Do not export single istances for Billboards but make a single object with more BB merged. This procedure solve the issue..:)

18. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

huumm i don't try that... makes sense the bounding box is bigger.

thanks.

19. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Hi Tuttle its works.

The billboad tress in single object fix the clip issue.

But i get some trees flying. I fix it reseting pivot transform and align to object.

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

This track is an instant classic. Just simply one of those amazing tracks that make sim racing immersive b/c lots of turns and tricky turns and great road texture, etc. Thanks for this epic track!!!