[REL] Mountain Forest rf2 0.92 (Download)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Mario Morais, Aug 2, 2012.

1. SVO

SVO Registered

LOL....Could you go about 10 feet high? :eek:

Both of us were being quite aggressive at that point. We were running 2 lap shootouts. Just before that we had traded lead about 3 times in 4 corners.

Keep up the magnificent work Mario. It's much appreciated!

2. evphelps

evphelps Registered

Nice track,thanks Mario...

3. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

I love driving rF2 because of the great physics and FFB. Visually I gets better and better at each build. Great Work!

But there are 2 features to include to made it a BOMB:

- Driver swapping and reconnect to (endurance) race
    - enhanced race engineer with voice recognition and a pitcrew

PLEASE, ISI, give us this to recreate 24 h LeMans and other epic races.

---------------------

BTW I have two other features on my personal whish list:
    - pitstop presets, selectable in car (plan A or plan B)
    - saving game during a session (offline race)

4. jtbo

jtbo Registered

There is brown wooden fence left side of road near quite tight left turn, it has no collisions on, I have driven trough that fence quite often, there is that nice braking with easy bend placed right where one should brake, which makes nice challenge to that tight corner entry, especially with brakes that fade a lot :)

I think that it was near location where I post last screenshot to this thread (pothole that always gets me).

5. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

New version in first post beta 0.5!!!

[​IMG]

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I'm downloading it right now and will give it a try later however this is already one of my favuorite circuites!

7. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I noticed that without HDR at least in dev mode track has dark grey sky now with latest version, I still need to test if some setting affects that.

Track is especially good for brake testing :D

8. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thank you for this new release.
    With HDR off, every thing is ok for me. Very good frame rate (as in 0.4). Trees look now very nice as lights in tunnels. In the first part, there is like a stroboscopic effect with speed increases, nice effect. :)

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

My lap with the 370z at the first light of the morning.
    (Sorry for the bad quality...i did it with fraps and my pc sucks!can't wait to recieve my new pc nexy week)

10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

That was not a bad lap, but you need to come clean. You obviously ran a lap before recording, hit a wall somewhere, and then you ended up with a short in your dash. The dash gages would occasionally go bright white.

Really tho, do the gage lights do that when not running with lights? Maybe it's HDR on or off?

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It was far from being a good lap,i know that and it was with the ISI setup(i can do 3-4sec' better with a clean lap but some times it is more funny ti drive like that:)
    Yes it is the gage lights and the HDR was off.

12. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Your old computer can record videos faster than my computer, I can sometimes reach 15fps when playing replay in tiny window.

I still don't know why I have dark grey sky, must test in single player mode if that is different, but I rarely use single player mode, mostly dev mode.

13. SVO

SVO Registered

Run your race or lap, then start fraps and go into your replay. Start your replay wherever you want and start recording from that point. Maybe that'd help your fps a bit. Record on half-size.

14. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

thanks GTClub_wajdi for the video. Is a good way to see problems.

My intention was always to do an old tunnel in low light and the "stroboscopic" effect! :)

The next area of work shall be the edges of the road and terrain.

The lights also require more adjustments.

15. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Is there any quick help or tutorial how to get this track to dev mode as well?

16. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Extract MountainForest_MAIN.MAS to rFactor2\ModDev\Locations\mountainforest
    extract MountainForest_LAYOUT.MAS to rFactor2\ModDev\Locations\mountainforest\MOUNTAINCLIMBING

Open the MOUNTAINCLIMBING.SCN in notepad and see the structure directory you must build for others MAS files.

17. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Thanks, it was as impractical as I expected. To be honest, we should not put up with this s*it. Why cant single play and dev mode refer SAME place for the tracks.

18. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Because then you are in danger to overwrite accidently something, which is already installed in single/multi player mode(s) and make it unusable. Just simple miss of setting up gmt converter file paths could cause mayheim. There is no difference (my point of view) with car and track developing. Workflow is just little bit different. :D

With rF1 it did work same way (at least I did). I had separate "dev mode" installation and "original" race installation, sometimes separate testing installation as well. Nowdays those are just integrated together on laucher. Much, much better system than before.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
  19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

The track is way better in my monitor(live) than the video in YT. Consider that with recording with fraps you can lose 10-20% of quality and before uploading the video to YT i use another programm,Any video converter that compress the file of the video(from 2-3GB to 153-180MB) and doing this you lose more and more quality.
    This track in the first light of the day is impressive and let me say it'''s "very romantic":)
    Keep it going Mario....

20. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I did just installation to single player and then copied mountain road folder to devmode locations folder, maybe that is why I get grey sky, before same method did give correct sky.

Linux has LN command (actually ln) that would be handy, just link track to single player side :D

GMT export, imo should never be done to live enviroment, I always do export to special export folder, then move files to correct places manually, as when I move things manually I can be sure they end up where I like them to be.