Released Long Beach Grand Prix Street Circuit

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I would try if only to know what's dragging down the fps the most. It could help finding other workarounds. Then balance to your taste.

I don't know how good is rF2 at discarding objects which are out of sight when rendering. So maybe the issue isn't exactly what you're seeing, but what's behind or next to.

2. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I don't think that CPU will be an issue any time soon.

3. Rastas

Rastas Registered

I just have purchased a 1070 G1 Gaming 8G and a I5 4690K and i went from 40fps alone in track to 60\90 fps whit 24 AI and all in max except PPF filter,and a very smooth game play that i never have,single 1080P screen,oh ,and the 1070 is undervolted :)

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

200 meters! damn! time for new motherboard with better ....damn I forgot what that was...oh! The bus! Yes...faster bus...more, newer, system ram! Better Power Supply, Unplug all USB devices...ALL!! You must BEAT that 200meters! ')

ling likes this.
  5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

you underestimate the power of the CPU in simracing, when you have frame drops, you know it's time for a new CPU

6. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

Yeah this is a blanket statement that could be completely wrong depending on your GPU and CPU and resolution you are running at. When run on triple screens or VR you often will be GPU limited for many combinations of GPU and CPU.

Its true that the CPU limit is more annoying as it causes more irregular frame drops.

Finally, and this is a big part of the equation, GPU upgrades are much easier than CPU upgrades which often need new motherboard + windows license.

So that fact that most people go for GPU upgrades is logical, its not suprising. I tend to do 1 GPU upgrade and then buy a new pc.

7. sg333

sg333 Registered

A 5600x is not bottlenecking anything.

8. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

if he has frame drops, yes it's the CPU issue

9. Bernat

Bernat Registered

You're making blind statements without any foundation. A 5600X is a very powerful CPU for runninng rFactor 2 at good fps rates. The GPU will be the bottleneck.

sg333 likes this.
  10. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

if frame drops suddenly, CPU issue, nothing else, I have not this frame drops cause I use 13900k;), if the frame drops even without AI, CPU issue, dont underestimate the power of the CPU, Im sure with 5800X3D or better it won't have this drops, do you bet (i bet my 13900k)?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
  11. Rastas

Rastas Registered

I just got an I5 4690K and a 1070G1 Gaming and i dont have any frame drops.not even in my garage pc i have frmae drops,and is runing an I5 6500 and my old 1050 TI.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Frame drops might well be CPU occupancy related (at that moment, at least), but could just as likely be something in software. Faster hardware will help to reduce those issues, but the hardware itself might not be causing it.

13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

i5 4690K is very old and I'm sure you have a scenario with CPU limit....particulary at 1080p, and your framerate, in fact your GPU, is bottlenecked by your CPU, with a better CPU you can have a better framerate

1080.jpg

plz do me a favor all, STOP UNDERESTIMATING the CPU....it's the main hardware in a PC

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
  14. Rastas

Rastas Registered

f
    For me is stable,i can run 24 AI in Nurburgring whit all in max and i dont get below 70FPS,i know my system is old,but not old to run rFactor 2 and AC,the only sims i play,and i do most modding then play actualy,so yea,for me is good,i prefer spend my money on my old Mercedes 190 that im making a 2.3 16V replica :)

juanchioooo likes this.
  15. sg333

sg333 Registered

You bought and own a 13900k and you do not get frame drops. This is simply confirmation bias. This does not mean you need a 13900k to not get frame drops. Its like saying I have a Ferrari F40 to go to the supermarket for milk, therefore if anyone else wants to go to the supermarket to get milk they require a Ferrari F40

Remco Majoor, juanchioooo and Bernat like this.
  16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I have an i5 8600k without OC and a 1080ti and I go with Pimax 8k + I go super fluid 70/80/90fps no, I don't need a plane to go to the supermarket:);)

17. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

I couldn't imagine my comment/question would occur such controversory :)
    Sorry for that
    1) I fixed my problem by reducing post effects to High. I hardly could notice a difference with Ultra but now I keep 100 fps (rarely drop to 90) with 25AI
    2) I realized that the part of the circuit where I had the issue, between T5 and T6, was probably the most complex to treat. Indeed, on top of buildings and others, start straight and turn 1 are just behind the fence. All cars on the other side are of course visible (and heard). I guess the global scene to be rendered represents a massive amount of data

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
  18. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

if you ask I will tell you my life, last week I have edited and encoded a 2hours 4K video, without 13900K it's so long, and I don't use only rFactor 2 (I can even say I rarely use rF2)......if you want I can tell you all I do with the 13900K.
    WIth a Ferrari you don't only go to the supermarket, you can go on the Nordschleife, you know....

About CPU I have just pointed that many buy the top GPU and use an old CPU, it's ridiculous.

you should use Post effect on Medium, the difference will be by night, but Medium is more than enough

19. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Good. That makes sense. All tracks aren't equal, and even in the same track there are single spots where the visible area is very big and complex.

20. darkojovanoski1986

darkojovanoski1986 Registered

It needs balance between cpu/gpu combo. Of course newer cpu will perform better but if you exceed vram of your gpu you will see fps drops a lot and no matter what cpu you use it will be the same. Try running the game with all off except cirquit, player, opponents and texture to full. Fps will be pumped even with 4-5 years old cpu and many ai visible becouse gpu have space.
    I don't want to compare it with newer sims becouse rfactor 2 uses old engine and some stuff can get better only with new engine. For example you can run the game on most tracks and get high fps but at the same conditions on other track get 20% less, take Daytona at first corner, if you "survive" with good fps there you are good to go almost on all tracks.

sg333 likes this.