Released Long Beach Grand Prix Street Circuit

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 14, 2023.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

lol yeaaaahhhhh. shoulda thought that one out. Didn't want to come up with a long long list of left handed tracks..like... uhmm...
    Laguna(whatever it's commercially tied to now) Seca.... thanks for the ruler across the knuckles!

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

[​IMG]

davehenrie likes this.
  3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I love that you take it with humor Dave
    [​IMG]

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've stepped in enough self inflicted dog poo to know that is all I CAN dew...dew.

juanchioooo likes this.
  5. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

I also like how modest you guys are :D

6. dav_0075

dav_0075 Registered

7. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

I drive Long Beach in VR with the GT3 ... wonderful ! much fun, great track and excellent to drive

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Look in your STEAM Inventory.
    Sorry that was an incomplete answer. After verifying you indeed have the track in your inventory, go into rF2 and choose the manage content tab. Then look in both the Local & Store tab and scroll through the lists to see if the track is either not installed(red X) or partially installed(orange Check) If orange, uninstall the track and then install it again.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
    SmellySkidmark likes this.
  9. AKR

AKR Registered

While doing Formula E, I noticed the circuit is totally quiet. Wrong? Audio settings: 255.

10. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Solution: take the RSR. :p

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

11. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

I'm loving long beach. Great track. Please don't take this as a complaint at all, it's just that I'm curious. The racing line doesn't seem to evolve and darken in as much as it does on other tracks. Was this a "trade off" decision or is something wrong with the real road settings?

12. sg333

sg333 Registered

Something about long beach to note is, in real life they run a couple days of Formula Drift beforehand, so the back end of the track is BLACK with rubber before the event ever starts.

In rF2 what I've noticed is that Long Beach does start to get heavier rubber on the track but it takes a bit longer at 1x than in real life. I've run cars there maybe 10 hours and only now am I seeing what you describe.

13. marcfredi

marcfredi Registered

ça ne marche pas

14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I've noticed that in several tracks now, the rubbered line isn't what it used to be (darker, visually clear where the grip is)...

15. Havner

Havner Registered

I think this changed when they started doing PBR on tracks. The rubbered line is much less visible.

16. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

This is just fantastic! I don't own Longbeach (yet). However I can D/L & install it, and then join servers running the track and go and specate any car I like driving there, in any view, from cockpit to Camera! I'll buy Lonbeach V soon of course, but this is great for players wanting to get a good feel and preview for tracks and cars they dont own. Just did'nt realise till now you can actually join servers running tracks you dont own. Can't race there but can watch. Awsome!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
    Ricardo Diz likes this.
  17. sg333

sg333 Registered

I think it looks about right
    20230224191342_1.jpg

pkelly likes this.
  18. wrff.tiger@gmail

idk, again I want to make it clear I am not complaining because I am having a blast racing IR-18 around long beach, but doing a 10 lap race the racing line hardly darkens at all. Curious to know, how many laps had you run for the screenshot you posted? The racing line does look darker in your screenshot. Maybe I have something wrong in my settings? On another topic but having to do with the IR-18; I am able to do lap times that are fairly competitive with the AI at 100% at long beach. However with AI set to the same settings at Laguna Seca I am not competitive at all. However when I compare my rfactor lap times with real world lap times my Laguna Seca lap times are better than real world lap times while my Long Beach lap times are worse. My question is, are the AI too fast at Laguna Seca or too slow at long beach? I hope this question makes sense. Does anyone else feel the same way? My opinion is AI is a little to fast at Laguna Seca but obviously my opinion may be biased, lol.

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There have been questions of AI being too fast or too slow at almost every track with almost every sim since Indycar1. Unless you craft AI setups for each track, I don't think you will ever reach a completely harmonious AI level at every track. Regarding darker lines for the real road. If you can, let the AI circulate a lot. Use the entire practice. Don't end it, but speed it up to finish a session. CTRL-X is the default command I think. The more the AI lap a track, the more the groove will show itself.

wrff.tiger@gmail likes this.
  20. wrff.tiger@gmail

Thank you for your thoughts. Here's to good racing to ya!