Released Long Beach Grand Prix Street Circuit

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 14, 2023.

1. sg333

sg333 Registered

If you use 1x realroad, the road wont darken/rubber in much at all, which I suppose mirrors real life. It takes a couple of sessions/races/continuous car traffic. For that screenshot above, there's about 6-7 1 hour sessions with 12-15 cars. I save the RR at the end of a session, start a new one and load that RR, save at the end of that session etc. I am sure just using the realroad time multiplier might be easier if you want to do it quicker.

wrff.tiger@gmail likes this.
  2. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

So... has anyone managed to overtake anything at Long Beach?

PirroC likes this.
  3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

This track is very beautifull, the night ambience is very good, I hope you can update Azure like that, I prefer racing Azure.
    The wet road is very beautiful now, it's as good as ACC, but the night is always far better in ACC, the reflection by night are weird on the cars....

4. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

the AI cut, plz fix it

cut.jpg

5. Schumi

Schumi Registered

atomed likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The response you would get from the track team is: The track is Frick'n LASER SCANNED, the red painted curbing is exactly where the red painted curbing should be.
    Possibly the invisible track border line or the racing line could be moved slightly, but the track's characteristics ain't changing. FWIW, the image of the BTCC Honda is a slightly narrower car than the IR18 Indycar...but only maybe 10ish cm.

9. ling

ling Registered

i think In the old UI on the page where you selected your track, there was an option to set the strength, aggression and limit in the "Custom AI parameters for track/car-class" option i dont know if it could be put back in some how i think its still there in dev mode.

10. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

the problem is some AI cut some doesn"t cut, so there is inconsistency issue

davehenrie likes this.
  11. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

Hi,
    I have purchased it yesterday. Nice rendition of this great track indeed.
    However I'm struggling with video settings
    I gave a decent hardware: Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX3070 , 32GO . With mid-high video settings, I'm able to run against more than 50 AI in Daytona, one of the most demanding circuits on my shelves, and stay steadily at 100fps day & night (I intentionaly capped to 100Hz).

Here, with 22 Porsche 992 Cup , mid-day, and using the "Daytona settings" I notice some huge fluctuation
    In the 1st and the last part of the track , no problem, I'm at 100fps. But West Shoreline Drive is terrible, I face some stutterings and frequently notice that my fps drops to 30. Then , from Turn 6 it's improving

Ok , this track is demanding, it's surrended by buildings , etc, but not more between T5 and T6 than in most of other portions of the circuit
    So, I wonder if some optimization wouldn't be welcome

12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Which post effects you have?

13. sg333

sg333 Registered

3070 is 8gb, yes? What resolution are you running? With a lot of AI you could be running out of VRAM

14. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

8Gb (and 32Gb of RAM)
    I run 3440x1440.
    Again, it's perfectly smooth on most of the circuit, only a portion, that doesn't look more overloaded of buildings and eyecandy stuff than the others, is really problematic. So, I assume this part of the circuit isn't totally optimized.
    Anyway, I'm not developper in S397 and I cannot do anything for that..
    So, the only way is fine tuning my video settings :)
    Indeed having a deeper look on post effects might be a good way.

15. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Post effects on medium is a good compromise between performance and quality ;)

nounoubleu likes this.
  16. Bernat

Bernat Registered

If using an older car fixes it or improves it drastically I would lower detail on cars. If it's the same you could lower detail on the track. It won't look much worse but it will take away a lot of detail outside the track that might be hurting the performance. Shadows and post-effects are also heavy on the fps.

nounoubleu likes this.
  17. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

AI cars are already at medium. Anyway, pb between T5 and T6 occurs even when i'm alone in this part of the circuit.
    I may try to put track detail at medium but usually, there is a big step between high and medium, my psychological step between acceptable and not acceptable. Same with shadows, when it's too low I feel I'm in GTR2
    However, getting rid of some post-effects doesn't kill immersion so much and help fps

18. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

the first thing to upgrade is for me CPU, the majority of people buy a new GPU but keep an old CPU, but I can assure you that it will be more stable with a new CPU and "old" GPU.

davehenrie and Rui Santos like this.
  19. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

thank you, but I don't plan to upgrade anything at this moment
    My PC is just 2 years old and I'm fully satisfied with it .....except during 200m in Long Beach by RF2. I don't think it's enough to consider to spend 500€ for a new CPU :D

20. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I understand, but you have to know that with each new track it will be worst ;)