Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. sg333

sg333 Registered

Those of us who bought the entire BTCC grid, tracks, IndyCar, Daytona, Laguna etc in the last few years would very much disagree.

Martin Vindis and Agent Striker like this.
  2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

You still don't get that content in LMU. For all the IMSA stuff you still need rF2. Nobody knows if the Indycar and BTCC game will be similar to LMU or not. So your best bet racing that content is still rF2. LMU won't suddenly replace rF2 with a magical switch.

MikeV710 likes this.
  3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I also bought (most of) that, it's like any product in the world you purchase what it is on the day you purchased it, anything that happens after that is out of your control. They could end the development tomorrow or in another 10 years.

The_Bad_Fasterd likes this.
  4. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Rennsport feels better

5. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

This Is the same content creator that butchered MSG/S397 some months ago, seems like click bait to me! Speak of random YT channels haha!

6. Havner

Havner Registered

Butchering or not, he confirmed that this is basically a reskinned rF2 (physics/graphics wise which is telling enough) and that means that's highly unlikely that any of the new content will find a way back to rF2 anytime soon (or at all). Wouldn't make a sense to cannibalize their own product.

7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I wont buy a new reskinned game just for Fuji or Portimao, I hope the tracks will arrive in rF2 as DLC, I don't care about the hypercars or new reskinned GTE. Im probaby sure we can swap the tracks from Le mans ultimate to rF2 easily...

RFactor2 is at this state interesting for the offline users, and s397 is trying to milk us with the recycled content release.

About the youtube creator, it's linked to Racedepartement, and we all know they troll everything about Codemasters or rF2, and praise like a god AMS2....

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
  8. elgagon

elgagon Registered

It's not that simple.
    There are marketing technics that use the cannibalism to launch a product.
    If the result of the sum of the market share of both products is bigger than the rF2 one, that means that they have increased their market share and that's good for the company and could be good for their products too (could be).
    Volkswagen has done this recently with the TCross and TRock. They even made an ad on TV saying that there were two different cars

9. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

this project is very important for s397 in terms of making a simulation that will not crash in endurance racing. if they fail to do that, then they will have big problems.

10. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I find it pretty wierd to follow a review from a guy, who had severe issues keeping the car on track due to obvious skill issues a couple of months back in one of his last videos using rF2, while he mentiones that he got told stuff from another guy who tried it. I don't know why but even the little glimpses that I saw in the video don't look like my version of rF2. It seems to use newer tech for the graphics/PP and HUD. Loading times seem to be pretty long wich works alot better in the current rF2 build aswell and Le Mans has obviously recieved updates. Granted there are some similarities for obvious reasons, but to call it a reskin is like calling AMS1 a rF1 reskin. How hard is it to make a proper review of the early alpha version by someone who tried it first hand?

11. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

AMS2 is a Project cars 2 reskin

12. dav_0075

dav_0075 Registered

no one is forcing anyone to buy! there are plenty of players who buy the f1 /fifa series every year just to get a simple livery update .... if studio 397 can come up with a new LMUwec/rf2 indycar/rf2 btcc/rf2 nascar/rf2 game that's easy to use, multiplayer/offline championship, with FULL official content and no bugs, it'll certainly help us find a new simracing fan base and bring in a lot of people who are reluctant to buy rf2, which suffers from a poor image despite being the best simu on many points! the ideal would be a gateway between le mans ultimate and rf2.... I hope this won't affect the development of rf2 ... at worst, it should remain the test lab, bringing together all the content! with the sale of full dlc. and off-license content. because what I really miss is the content in terms of circuits.

trichens and The_Bad_Fasterd like this.
  13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

There was a point when I would have subscribed to that. There are obviously similarities as it uses the same tech base and it actually looks like project cars 2 - suprise, suprise - but it has transformed so much into it's own thing that calling it a reskin is a bit wierd. There have been noticable changes to all areas. Like the sound for example wich was a desaster in PC2, but is actually pretty nice now. FFB, even still not very good is better and the vehicle handling has improved aswell. That said, it will also share common issues like the bad online play/netcode, the same UI and comic style graphics.

Anyway, I am sure LMU will have obvious similarities to rF2 and share good and bad aspects of the engine, but it will most likely be a different experience. I would even prefer if they keep the graphics style of rF2 with a few little tweaks here and there. There is no need to reinvent the wheel.

14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

looks like the acc version of rf2

solerpalau and Binny like this.
  15. Binny

Binny Guest

If development ended it would just be like rf1, no more updates or content from S397/MSG sim still goes on.

16. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

on the AMS2 forum they publy legaly Project cars 2 conversion mod, so I hope we will be allowed to use the Lemans Ultimate tracks (Fuji and Portimao) legaly in rF2, the files are the same. And I let u play with Lemans, when I will use rF2.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The files are the same? What makes you so sure? There could be game-specific features baked into the LMU tracks, or even some simplifications allowed by game code, variations in config file format, and almost certainly different encryption at the least. I doubt you could use the files in rF2 without some reverse engineering (which would be illegal).

There's so much entitlement here, it's like people have never owned computer games before.

trichens and The_Bad_Fasterd like this.
  18. green serpent

green serpent Registered

This stratergy makes total sense to me and I can't see it being done any other way. No doubt this type of stratergy has been in the cards for a long time.

Give people practically limitless options and they are bound to make a hash of it. This is true of so many things in life, I could think of many analogies but I will spare you because it's an obvious truth. It is also too difficult/impossible to create something with many options that performs perfectly in every possible instance. As I have said, I don't think it is too difficult to get all the pieces working together nicely in rF2, but that is coming from the perspective of an enthusiast, and it still took me a long time to get things feeling close to perfect (and i still don't know much). From day one even though certain things were a bit hit and miss I knew the potential was there so I stuck with it.

It makes sense to create a curated experience for the "normies" or casual enthusiast so they can get a taste of the great experience without as much hassle, and less potential for things to go haywire. I really hope it is a commercial success.Then IMO keep rF2 as the pure enthusiast experience, adding more and more options, and no fear of adding some different type of content that might be a bit obscure and not fit in with some streamline corporate roadmap.

19. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

If only we could just be informed of the future planned or in any case envisaged by MSG for rFactor 2.

A few sentences would suffice to know where we are going.

20. instinkt

instinkt Registered

if they can re-use license then why not? they can milk both
    I still think this Le Mans game should be and probably is even if the version isn't announced yet aimed at console because that's where the money is and if it will work properly not like ACC port then it would be great for console users because the platform lacks good options on sim field beside simcades like Gran Turismo
    so it makes sense to add all these fixes and things to rF2 later if it works on the same engine so shouldn't be as problematic