Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Seems to me most people talking down discord aren't on there, and/or only spent a short time there and ruffled some feathers during their stay.

Fed mushrooms was funny though - I think you got the idiom a bit backwards there.

Early in rF2's life there were many (moderately vague) plans, and many of those didn't pan out or took years longer than some users could wait. Then we had roadmaps where even a hinted release, later delayed, was criticized by the baying crowd. Then the roadmaps became backwards looking and reticent on future plans, so people complained about meaningless roadmaps and they were stopped.

rF2 is already worth the price tag even if you bought it last year. The content you can buy is mostly very good - tracks exceptional. Most of us probably average 5+ years of use. If it stays exactly as it is now - and bearing in mind we know another AI update is coming - it's not like it suddenly becomes unusable. Why worry at this moment, 5 days after a second title is announced? What's the emergency?

2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

cause we ask for tracks in rF2, and they will release Portimao and Fuji in another game, and where are the BTCC missing tracks ? Where are Bathurst and Suzuka, Barcelona, Miami, Interlagos ?
    Since 2023 we don't have tracks, and it was obvious that the developpement for rF2 has been slow, and now we know why, they work for another game.
    We still have ugly interior car for the paid DLCs.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, but rF2 development could literally stop at any moment, for any reason. 18 months ago it was because MSG was going to be bankrupt (by about 12 months ago, I think). The rationality here seems to be "tell me rF2 is going to continue to be developed, or I'll assume it won't be" instead of "if you don't tell me rF2 is stopping, I'll assume it's not being abandoned, though the other game might slow it down". Either way (yes, even if it were actually abandoned development-wise) it's not going to disappear.

As for Bathurst etc - yeah, that would be great, but no indications any of those are/were coming at all...

trollray likes this.
  4. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

The norm for a lot of people now day´s Is "we want more". You look at most games In early access on Steam, and even finished projects and It´s the same story...we want more! This attitude really doesn't fit In any future business model. It´s not like you´re buying a pair of Levis back In the 80´s were you thought "man these jeans are gonna last me a life time". We all know, more so now day´s that everything has a expiration date, even when It comes to software development. So I don´t understand why people kind of forget this fact and still pretend that they deserve more when we all know deep In side this could end at any time. So lets be fortunate that we still have rF2 alive and sort of kicking!

Speculating on what one player thinks with regards to LMU and/or on a announcement of a new product while downgrading It´s "base" product makes no sense. Patience and faith Is key to a healthy experience. Life Is short enjoy what you have!

I think we are lucky that rF2 Is still In development, not only that, we should be happy that last year we saw some great content and Improvements done on many fronts. I agree that this year It seems to have slowed down and that there´s a bit of radio silence, but man I can bring up so many games that have done a lot worst and people still have hopes for them.

We are also lucky that while rF2 Is still In development, they are not making a whole new sim every 2-3 years were you´re paid DLC´s will not work on previous builds. See X-Plane, FSX, Prepared 3D, Train SIm Word etc. While on the subject, we do see how "other" race sims are moving forward one way or the other and for whatever reasons. Assetto Corsa 2 Is In the pipeline for spring 2024, AMS2 Is moving forward In a positive way In there development, Rennsport Is also In the pipeline, heck even RaceRoom Experience Is moving forward not to mention iRacing. There´s movement In the scene and while some would wish It would be In a different way (rF2), at least they are doing something "new" which could serve us all well In more then one way. I don´t think LMU Is a bad Idea, It may not be what some would expect right now, but It´s not a bad Idea. Let´s be happy that we have something else from S397 to look forward too, even If one doesn´t plan to buy It, It´s still a positive for the community and future race sim fans IMO.

pkelly, Eric Rowland and Bernat like this.
  5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

It's massively reclycled content....not really somthing else....

6. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

I mean no disrespect to anyone and like I said before I have no opinion yet on whether the announcement of Le Mans Ultimate is a good thing or bad thing. I am just trying to get as much information as possible about the new game. This is partly because I'm excited about the idea of a Le Mans/WEC centered game but at the same time I'm concerned about what it means for the future of Rfactor2. Everyone has different opinions about what makes a SIM/GAME good. I for one am all about the Driving/Racing experience. Animated pit crews or voiceovers from current racing broadcasters mean nothing to me. So if that is the only thing that Le Mans Ultimate is going to bring to the table, I'm not interested. However, if it is an improvement on the driving experience, then I'm all in! IMHO the BTCC content in Rfactor2 is incredible. It is the best content as far as it's fit and finish and complete functionality. It works great and provides incredible racing. I was hoping that we would see the same level of commitment to detail in integrating the Le Mans Hypercars into Rfactor2. However, it seems like that is not the plan. It seems like the plan is to create an entirely new game. So my question is, What do the developers envision that game to be? Will it be a hard core racing sim where the Driving/Racing experience is the most important thing? Or will they be wasting there time on animated pit crews and celebrity voiceovers with flashy hollywood film transitions? If it is not focused on the Driving/Racing, I'm not interested.

7. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja Registered

I'm hoping for the best and planning for the worst.

8. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

I think, if everyone has been watching, that rF2 has been previewing content that will eventually come out as a stand alone game/sim. They are even using rF2 as a working preview of some stockcar stuff. rF2 won't go away as it is a great test bed for future content. A built in beta team as it were. I expect/hope to see something Indycar on rF2 in the future.
    I assume LMU will have all the GT3 cars as well as the hybrids etc.

coasting&cruising likes this.
  9. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

A focused rF2 with hopefully a good offline experience. Will be a insta purchase for me.

10. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Despite our differences in point of view, I think we can all agree on the following points :

Finally, we all want to be informed as soon as possible about the future of rFactor 2;

We all hope that LMU will allow a certain number (as much as possible) of improvements and evolutions of rFactor 2;

We wish that the content DLC continues to be produced (even if considering that several games are in preparation, it is logical that the amount of content to come will drop more or less sharply).

Can we at least agree on these 3 simple points :D ?

The next step for us long-time rFactor 2 users (me about 9 years old!) is to simply get information, to know where we are going with this entertainment that we love.

And indeed, if this is not the case, that's life, we have no control over it.

traind, MikeV710, sg333 and 2 others like this.
  11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As a user of rF2 since Jan 2012, again, no: I don't feel a pressing need to know right now what the future plans are for rF2. There's no sign of a paradigm shift and I'm not inclined to imagine one.

The noises coming from devs and MSG staff on discord (yes, discord, it's free, you won't catch a disease from it) are that rF2 will continue to be developed and have content released for it for the foreseeable future.

If you want more certainty than that you aren't going to get it, and never were (with or without another game).

Just jump to your last sentence: you can't control what happens, and you have rF2 in your hands right now. Play the game and stop worrying!

TJones, Bernat and MarcG like this.
  12. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

That's exactly what I'm going to do FYI.

I have read your message well and although I am not a diviner, I really think that you are being naive.

What appears to be the most probable (probable, nothing is proven) is :

- Less and less frequent improvements and evolutions of rFactor 2, until their foreseeable end in a short time;

- A new multiplayer system that will probably be technically fine, but won't work for long in terms of number of users due to the way rFactor 2 is relegated to the background (not necessarily for LMU).

- The content is most likely to be less and less frequent, until a possible stop in a fairly short time.

- Almost no longer rely on updating content.

(But don't act like you don't care, you're the user who in the whole history of rFactor has posted the most messages on the Rfactor 2 networks, you can't say you don't care about it. Future of rFactor 2 and also that you do not wish to have information, otherwise what is the point of having posted your....... 12000 messages on the forum!!!!).

You don't make the effort to understand the point of view of people who don't have the same vision of things as yours, it's a shame.
    You are not worried and you do not want information : congratulations you are the best.

But let other people voice their opinions about rFactor 2/LMU.

solerpalau, nolive721 and sg333 like this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You're the one suggesting "we all want to be informed as soon as possible about the future of rFactor 2". I'm saying I don't.

PS And yes, I know I've spent too much time on the forum, and posted way too many messages (partly that comes from time). But there's no inherent value in that, there's no investment. If rF2 actually disappeared tomorrow (which isn't going to happen, no matter what happens with LMU) there's no actual loss on my part.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Speak for yourself not others please, I personally don't need any sort of clarification as to RF2s future. I've already well had my money's worth (as stated earlier in the thread) and if it continues for years to come that's great, if it doesn't then that's life, I'll move on.

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

You have almost 7000 posts on the forum and are posting 'please dont tell me about the future of this product' ????

nolive721 and wrff.tiger@gmail like this.
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Come on, don't take this out of context.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Lol what's post count got to do with anything!? :D

Anyway back to topic, I'm looking forward to LMU, hope the VR performance is good :)

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There were many times where I'd be told to show something off and it never made it to the product, or never made it to the product within the window suggested. For me, that's a lesson learned, and even though I wasn't the one deciding to preview those things I'd generally avoid doing that now. I honestly think you'll see more and more where developers do not preview things anymore until whenever it is enters final testing, or is near to it. That's how things used to be. You'd get 1-2 trailers and 10 screenshots or so before a game released. Actually talked about this in my latest RSC Podcast. ;)

You can decide whether that means communication is "poor" or just "correct".

19. Binny

Binny Guest

The Social dilemma the world now faces "what's the truth what's a lie".
    Disinformation, miss information & controlled information.

20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Hi TW! Good seeing you around!

pkelly and 88mphTim like this.