Karts 0.991 and Quebec SuperKarts 1.07 track available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 29, 2014.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

No one else problems to install the file? My RF2 is pretty clean with only a handful of addons and fresh installed for B494.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

tried these late last night with not good results, however I reduced the "Other spring saturation" ini my controller .ini
    then I got very good results with super ffb,

my wheel dosnt have a spring adjustment so I have to use the .ini, maybe people with this adjustment in your wheel profiler try reducing it but you must increase the ffb level in-sim (maybe double or triple )

3. Jul

Jul Registered

I suppose you should upgrade to the last build

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I cannot overstate how much fun they are to drive. So different from cars (ofc), takes a few hours to really get to grips with how it likes to be taken around corners.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I didn't feel front separately with the karts I have driven in real life. Not sure if there should be both front end grip and rear end grip but I got the feeling that you just feel overall grip with go-karts.

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Not with the known issues it has... so everyone having fun with it is on B590?

7. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Well, as long as the front tires are in anyway connected to the steering wheel, the vibrations will be transferred there, enabling one to sense what the front is doing. I Have driven karts myself. Not too much, but enough to be able to tell that understeer(the sliding or scrubbing of the tires on the pavement) can be pretty well felt through the steering wheel. For instance when raining or on other slippery surfaces.

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Good fun, nicely done, good job ISI!

Only thing I noticed; after three laps in race, the game hangs......can't ctrl-alt-del either, just a hard restart........

Anyone else had this problem?

9. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Anyone tried them in the wet? I get 'spray' even when I am stationary :confused:

10. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

for those who feel to light FFB try to put steering lock to FAST

11. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Nice surprise the new UI.
    But whatever showroom used it seems too bright/white....Anything i can do to darken it a bit?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Buy a new PC, it obviously can't handle the crazy physics calculations going on with the kart! Haha jk man :)

13. Valter Cardoso

Forget my last post.
    First time you load the UI you need to go on costumize->showroom, and not only click accept, you need to click showroom to go fullscreen first otherwise it gives you this ugly white look.
    Solved.

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Well I tried them and I have mixed feelings. Didn't actually felt anything like I expected. I have only driven karts that had topspeed of 60 km/h on a indoor track. It was exercise to my wrist like the real thing at least.

The thing that was most weird to me was the steering range and that you can really touch the kerbs with these.

I had to lower ffb multi to 0.7 with my T500RS... don't understand how anyone likes the default 1.0 or higher :eek:

Anyway, good addition, I just have to get use to the feeling.

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I'm debating on downloading the new HUD and UI. (I hate cluttering my install). Does it add anything to the experience? Is it the same as original with just different colours and icons, or are the options and menus in a different layout changing the functionality/experience? Is it simple to change between different U.I. and HUD in game or do I have to mess with moving/deleting files?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw pics of the new U.I., it definitely looks like it's more than just switched out icons and colours. Good work ISI :)

16. Valter Cardoso

They are completely diferent spineli. Go for it, its simple as installing any mod/track. Then you just need to go on costumize to change:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Thanks Valter :)

I installed all 3 but haven't launched the game yet.

Just curious...
    - HUD is obviously the rev indicator and other on-screen stuff while out on track.
    - U.I. is the text and icons and different options placement when navigating the menus.
    - Showroom is purely just the graphics of the background when in the main menu (the car in the garage, with the drill on the floor, etc. etc.)

Is that correct?

18. Valter Cardoso

Exact.

I was too happy before a full test :( I was hoping it works for any mod but it dont. If you use a mod wich let you change gear ratios you wont be able to do it if using Kart UI.....:mad: Samething with suspension...
    Dissapointed after being so happy with this new UI. It serves only for Karts. Hope they make a new one wich works for every single mod.

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

ahhhhhh lol

20. AdrianF1

AdrianF1 Registered

They are very very funny to drive but today I had this "accident" xDD